Description: A shifter has no form they call their own. Instead, they cloth themselves in whatever shape is most expedient at the time. While others base their identities largely on their external forms, the shifter actually comes closer to their true self through all of their transformations. Of necessity, their sense of self is based not on their outward form, but on their soul, which is truly the only constant about them. It is the inner strength of that soul that enables them to take on any shape and remain themselves within.
Hit Dice: 1d8
Skill Points: 4 + Int mod
Primary Saving Throw(s): Fortitude, Reflex
Base Attack Bonus: +3/4 levels
Base Attack Bonus: Any
Classes: Druid 5
Special Abilities and Feats
|1||Greater Wildshape I|
|3||Greater Wildshape II|
|4||Infinite Greater Wildshape I|
|5||Greater Wildshape III|
Infinite Greater Wildshape II
|10||Greater Wildshape IV|
Infinite Greater Wildshape III
Dragon fear aura automatically while in Ancient Dragon Shape. DC is 30 + wisdom modifier
|11||Epic Greater Wildshape II|
|13||Infinite Humanoid Shape|
|15||Epic Greater Wildshape III|
|16||Infinite Greater Wildshape IV|
|17||Epic Humanoid Shape|
|20||Epic Greater Wildshape IV|
Epic Feat Progression: 3
Epic Feats: Automatic Quicken Spell, Automatic Silent Spell, Automatic Still Spell, Construct Shape, Dragon Shape, Epic Energy Resistance, Epic Spell Focus, Epic Spell Penetration, Great Wisdom, Improved Combat Casting, Outsider Shape, Undead Shape, and Epic Skill Focus (Animal Empathy).
- For general information on NS4 shifting mechanics, see the Shifting Guide.
- This class cannot be mixed with anything other than Druid in order to choose Undead Shape, Outsider Shape, Construct Shape, or Dragon Shape.
- Shifter was greatly modified from original NWN shifter and it would be wise to read about forms you plan to use. Most of the info is easily available on this page through feat links.
- Most of the shifter forms use weapons. Find out which form uses what in feat descriptions here on NS Wiki.
- Weapon Focus in the appropriate weapon adds to the Attack Bonus of the Shifter when using forms with weapons.
- Weapon Focus: Unarmed Strike will not improve the attack bonus of dragons and other unarmed forms.
- Epic Prowess adds to the attack bonus of all forms.
- Improved Critical does affect the Critical threat range of the Shifter's weapon in shifted form even for dragons and other unarmed forms.
- Properties of gloves excluding attack bonus and bonus damage do shift into all forms.
- AC on boots is no longer doubled when shifting.
- WARNING - If you are polymorphed in any way shape or form, DO NOT take a level until you go back to your true form. There are several possible bugs that have been associated with this. From characters being invalidated due to an incorrect amount of skill points, which means the server will autoboot that character. To RDD stat bonuses not being applied at all, and a whole lot in between. As you can see this can really hose up your character. So please, return to your normal shape prior to clicking the level up button.