Description: Rangers are skilled stalkers and hunters who make their home in the woods. Their martial skill is nearly the equal of the fighter, but they lack the latter's dedication to the craft of fighting. Instead, the ranger focuses his skills and training on a specific enemy - a type of creature he bears a vengeful grudge against and hunts above all others. Rangers often accept the role of protector, aiding those who live in or travel through the woods. His skills allow him to move quietly and stick to the shadows, especially in natural settings ,and he also has special knowledge of certain types of creatures. Finally, an experienced ranger has such a tie to nature that he can actually draw on natural power to cast divine spells, much as a druid does, and like a druid he is often accompanied by animal companions.
Hit Dice: 1d10
Skill Points: 4 + Int mod
Class Skills: Animal empathy, Concentration, Craft armor, Craft trap, Craft weapon, Discipline, Heal, Hide, Listen, Lore, Move silently, Parry, Ride, Search, Set trap, Spot
Primary Saving Throw(s): Fortitude
Base Attack Bonus: +1/level
Base Attack Bonus: Any
Special Abilities and Feats
|7||Nature Stride: 20% movement speed increase in outdoor wilderness areas. Does not stack with other forms of movement speed increases.|
|9||Improved Two-Weapon Fighting|
Improved Evasion (cannot be used as a pre-requisite for epic dodge)
|21||Hide in Plain Sight in outdoor wilderness areas|
Epic Feat Progression: Every 3rd and 5th level
Epic Feats: Bane of Enemies, Blinding Speed, Epic Prowess, Epic Spell Focus, Epic Toughness, Epic Weapon Focus, Favored Enemy, Greater Spell Focus, Improved Combat Casting, Perfect Health, and Epic Skill Focus (Animal Empathy).
- Companions are currently disabled in Neversummer 4.
- A Ranger may choose an additional Favored Enemy every 5 levels past 20. At Epic Levels, Rangers may choose another Feat out of their list of Epic Feats instead of choosing an additional Favored Enemy, hence their getting a bonus feat every 5th level in addition to every 3rd level.
- During all levels, a Ranger may choose a Greater Spell Focus as a bonus feat instead of a Favored Enemy.
- The Wood Elf is the only Race with Favored Class: Ranger.
- The two Ranger Spells Magic Fang and Greater Magic Fang cannot currently be used with Animal Companions because they are disabled; however, they can be used on any creature summoned by the ranger.
- The Harper Scout's Favored Enemy bonuses stack with those of the Ranger, though the Harper Scout's contribution to Favored Enemy bonuses, with or without any Ranger levels, are as great with 1 Harper Scout level as they are with 5 Harper Scout levels.
|1st level spells||2nd level spells||3rd level spells||4th level spells|
NeverSummer 4 Modifications
- Rangers receive Exploration ability with 6 ranger levels: all outdoor wilderness areas become automatically explored.
- Rangers receive Nature Stride ability with 7 ranger levels: in outdoor wilderness areas, they receive a 20% passive bonus to movement.
- Rangers receive Improved Evasion with 9 ranger levels. Note: Ranger improved evasion will not qualify a character for other feats such as epic dodge. A character must receive Improved Evasion from another class to qualify.
- Rangers receive Hide in Plain Sight while in in outdoor wilderness areas with 21 ranger levels.