Description: The Harpers are a secret society. Members are dedicated to holding back evil, preserving knowledge and maintaining the balance between civilization and the wild. The Harper Scout performs many duties including espionage, stealth and reporting information.
Hit Dice: 1d6
Skill Points: 4 + Int mod
Class Skills: Appraise, Bluff, Craft armor, Craft trap, Craft weapon, Discipline, Heal, Hide, Listen, Lore, Move silently, Persuade, Pick pocket, Tumble
Primary Saving Throw(s): Reflex, Will
Base Attack Bonus: +3/4 levels
Base Attack Bonus: Any
Skills: Discipline 4, Lore 6, Persuade 8, Search 4
Special Abilities and Feats
1st Favored Enemy
|5||Craft Harper Item|
2nd Favored Enemy
Epic Harper Scout
Epic Feat Progression: None
Epic Feats: Curse Song, Epic Skill Focus (all but Animal Empathy, Perform, Use Magic Device), Epic Will, Favored Enemy, Great Charisma, Great Dexterity, Improved Combat Casting, and Lasting Inspiration.
- Harper Scouts are restricted from the Shadow Legion faction only because Shadow Legion can no longer have neutral aligned characters.
- Harper Scouts can only go up to level 5, therefore may not become epic.
- Although Harper Scouts cannot become epic, they can select from the epic bonus feat list if level 1 or 5 of Harper Scout are selected during an epic level.
- If you take your first or fifth level of Harper Scout during a non-epic level, you may choose to take Curse Song instead of Favored Enemy as a bonus feat, but Curse Song won't do anything without Perform and at least one Bard level.
Improvements to Harper Scout prestige class:
- Cat's Grace and Eagle's Splender are now empowered.
- Sleep DC is now 3/4 Harper's character level + CHA modifier (or WIS if higher). Works on targets regardless of their hit die.
- Invisibility behaves like Improved Invisibility at character level 20+.
- Tymora's Smile gives +1 to Spot, Listen, Taunt, and bludgeoning damage per 5 character levels versus favored enemies (+8 max) plus half that in dodge AC versus favored enemies (+4 max). Harper Scouts that are Rangers only receive half this bonus (+4 maximum Spot, Listen, Taunt, and bludgeoning damage and +2 dodge AC) versus their favored enemies. Feat is now a free action. This stacks with the bonuses from Favored Enemy feats and Bane of Enemies. Tymora's Smile still gives a +2 to all saves. Duration is permanent.