Weapons

Talk about Neversummer 4 with your fellow players.
Danhalen
Noob

Weapons

Post by Danhalen »

is there going to be a more broad variety of weapons this time around? that is, is it going to be everyone in each faction carrying around the equivalant of ydb?

i just would like to see some really nice longswords kukris and the other weapons that most servers ignore.

i think that would mix things up a bit more.

Nerdlor The Destroyer
Site Admin

Post by Nerdlor The Destroyer »

There is indeed a much more diverse selection of weaponry, and as the game progresses I believe more will be added.

Joran
Spamalot

Post by Joran »

To be more specific, there is every type of weapon in every item level.

xstatk_tzar
Noob

Post by xstatk_tzar »

Will there be weapons of relative equality available to each class? As i played through NS3, i found that some classes were slightly less favoured in the choice of weapons of equality. Was this only my imagination or more my lack of understanding of the various classes and the feats and skills available to them which enabled a measure of equality with the weapons useable by each class?
"...may you bask in glorious sunlight ever in your travels and, as you take pause and glance towards the heavens...may that passing seagull crap in yer eye!"

as always, your servant Delelorfith.

MrShadow
Wheres the donation box?

Post by MrShadow »

Joran wrote:To be more specific, there is every type of weapon in every item level.

if you are wondering if there will be a wizard only greatsword of slaying everything to counteract the gnome hand axe of mass destruction..

don't expect much..

but if you are wondering if there will be an appropriate rapier for your elven bard's level.. you are in luck!

basically.. there will not be the huge gap in weapon strength like there is in NS3..

there is no one best weapon..

but the special weapons are all pretty unique.. and certain weapons will be better in certain situations..

DrakhanValane
Arrogant Snob
Location: Five Minutes Before the End of Eternity (or Maryland, take your pick)

Post by DrakhanValane »

Along with certain weapons being better in different situations... don't put all your eggs in one basket if you can help it. Sometimes a DEXer with a rapier can do more damage than a pure STR Half-Ogre with a warhammer.
If you tilt your head far enough and squint hard enough, anything becomes as simple or complex as you'd like--regardless of whether it is or not. -- A lesson learned from Stephen Wolfram's A New Kind of Science

Billiard
Newbie Helper

Post by Billiard »

what about crafted weapons - can we make certain weapons types like in the ATS system, and are they comparable to the stock NS4 weapons?

lord_modred
Spam Master General

Post by lord_modred »

now when you say there will be a rapier for bards, will this be one of the only weapons bards can use? or will there be a broad range of weapons for all classes? i was looking foward to making an assasin who used daggers, short swords, rapiers, shurikens, and numerous other weapons... basically, a master of all weapons.
"O cruel fate, floating through the void of space like gravity's plaything. O to be thusly boned. Ask not for whom the bone bones, it bones for thee."

help save world hunger!

BigDogNate
Noob

Post by BigDogNate »

I have always favored the battle axe when I play. The best battleaxe in NS3 was the dwarven battleaxe which was a decent axe but it didnt quite measure up to the ygb and the other couple of weapons on that level. I like to see a badass battleaxe. I was also wondering if the new 'dwarven waraxes' that came with hotd would be implimented.
Guybrush Threepwood - 'A Mighty Pirate'
Herman Toothrott - 'The Babling Toothless Idiot'

DrakhanValane
Arrogant Snob

Post by DrakhanValane »

Bah, you all stop worrying. You'll understand as soon as open beta hits why you're losing sleep over nothing. Now chill. :)

Whip and Dwarven Waraxe (if I'm not mistaken) require the mod to use HotU. So you'll have to wait for the epic areas for them if they're added.

>> DD flooded us with whips, lol. Safe to say you'll see a few in the Planes. Lokey
If you tilt your head far enough and squint hard enough, anything becomes as simple or complex as you'd like--regardless of whether it is or not. -- A lesson learned from Stephen Wolfram's A New Kind of Science

DeputyDog
Addict

Post by DeputyDog »

Actually whips and dwarven axes are in.. Joran in his wisdom found a way around Hotu:)
DeputyDog
Founder
Neversummer
gmcever @ gmail.com

https://www.facebook.com/neversummer4

Crymsyn
Pk Bait

Post by Crymsyn »

Yeah. There are whips. I've seen a few. :D
Whoever appeals to the law against his fellow man is either a fool or a coward.
For a wounded man shall say to his assailant;
"If I die, you are forgiven. If I live, I.. will.. kill you."
Such is the rule, of honor.

DrakhanValane
Arrogant Snob

Post by DrakhanValane »

Ooooooh. *is giddy*

Pettsson
Looking for group

Post by Pettsson »

Drow priests with whips will be a common sight I think... "Worthless slave, get on with this!" *snap* Oooh :roll:
There are three types of people in the world; those who can count, and those who can't.

Psycho Dordt
Looking for group

Post by Psycho Dordt »

DeputyDog wrote:Actually whips and dwarven axes are in.. Joran in his wisdom found a way around Hotu:)

override folder?
I don’t really see much point in intelligence anyway, even at very high levels of intelligence, wizards still don’t realize it would have been smarter to be a sorcerer.

Return to “General NS4 Discussion”