Border Patrol job bugs

Talk about Neversummer 4 with your fellow players.
AggieDan
Looking for group

Border Patrol job bugs

Post by AggieDan »

Resupply of West Outpost leaves 50 lbs Outpost supplies in pack.

Completion of job : typo

warriors is missing the last "r"

Another typo... High Marshal only has one "L"

Shows up when ending job conversation... "Bid the Highmarshall farewell"

Oh... And with the new AI script... The person you are delivering to can be hidden.

ihuntudown
Wheres the donation box?

Post by ihuntudown »

the other job are showing lotta little squares. Not a big deal thou

Elagneros
How is any of this relevant to my guild?

Post by Elagneros »

I completed both the other night. I informed the DM that both were working ok except for some comversation typos and problems with the journal entries.
Former leader of the Legendary Brethren.
Elagneros' Excellent Equipment Emporium

ihuntudown
Wheres the donation box?

Post by ihuntudown »

Vigilant level 2 gives jobpoints (5) for killing wildlife in the outskirts.
Since Nc is allied with TC i don't think thats meant to be like that

AggieDan
Looking for group

Post by AggieDan »

I also noticed, though didn't document exactly where it happens (I'll run another character through to test it), but there were some issues with the chosen response and the displayed response.

It looks like part of the dialogue was ripped from either the beginning equipment NPC or from Elvin. So, you'd choose the first option and your dialogue box at the bottom would say a potion.

Also, looks like a C newline character "/n" made it into the mix and is displayed during dialogue. Once again, I'll grab one of my other characters to try and figure out exactly where some of these typos are located.

By the way, I like the bonuses. It should help some of the lower level characters to do some of their early leveling. Which is kind of the point, I guess.

And I love how the jobs forced you to learn the area. I had to have some help finding some areas. Namely the Arcanus Sanctum and the mines. I literally walked past each several times. Of course each time I asked I was headed in those directions. Funny how when you learn the routes back and forth you forget some of the other areas like the mines.

By the way, is the lower mine level a new one? Or has it always been there? Also, clicking on the mine shaft didn't get me down. I had to use my arrow keys to run into the area.

Flailer
-2 Penalty in Daylight

Post by Flailer »

It sounds like you were experiencing some 'dialog bleed over' due to lag. When it gets really laggy, you can have bits of other people's dialog show up in your dialog tree. Weird. That might also be the reason why the supplies for the Western Outpost remained in your inv too, since they've been getting removed from other people's inventories.

And, good - I guess I see one of the main purposes of the intital jobs as a reason for new players to learn the areas around their factions.

Job one for all of us now is reducing some of the lag introduced recently - although it's hard to know how much lag is the new script/areas and how much is the doubled numbers on the server lately. Which, is a problem we like to have. :)

Oh, and yes, Netrom added the new infected bat area.
Flailer
NS Developer

None of us is as dumb as all of us.

Elagneros
How is any of this relevant to my guild?

Post by Elagneros »

AggieDan wrote:By the way, is the lower mine level a new one? Or has it always been there? Also, clicking on the mine shaft didn't get me down. I had to use my arrow keys to run into the area.

I too had a bit of difficulty getting down the shaft as well.
Former leader of the Legendary Brethren.
Elagneros' Excellent Equipment Emporium

ihuntudown
Wheres the donation box?

Post by ihuntudown »

yea, need to walk in it with your keyboard, maybe making the -entry square a lil bit bigger

bats are realy tough when you get for thm and your only lvl 2, near3.
Especially when there are 3 or more sneaking your back.

ihuntudown
Wheres the donation box?

Post by ihuntudown »

can can master vigilant job to by not reporting your jobpoints and keep bussy killing skellies,rats and wildlife in the dearon skirts till you calculated that you got 2000 jobpoints

AggieDan
Looking for group

Post by AggieDan »

Yeah. You can do much the same with the LA defender job and AO vermin job. But, that's just for cheaters. Who wants to kill that many rats anyways?

IcemanXV
Newbie Helper

Post by IcemanXV »

The only major bugs i noticed with the NC jobs are this:

I finished the border patrol job in one sitting, and started half of the Vigilant quest. Just before fighting the infected bats but AFTER talking to the foreman, I logged off for the night. When I logged back on, my border patrol and vigilant quest logs said "error: black box" or something similar. Only the actual quest (the arnoth mines one) showed up correctly.

PeregrineV
Relic Raider

level 3 border patrol

Post by PeregrineV »

Supplies delivered yet mission won't end. I like the jobs and bonuses, but cant finish border patrol level 3.

Flailer
-2 Penalty in Daylight

Post by Flailer »

If you can get myself or a DM on to give you one of the supplies, try and drop that off again. I've seen if the server is really laggy that the quest completion won't register when the NPC takes the last package. I'll see if I can stick something in there that will handle that better, but try that in the meantime.
Flailer
NS Developer

PeregrineV
Relic Raider

Post by PeregrineV »

If you can get myself or a DM on to give you one of the supplies, try and drop that off again. I've seen if the server is really laggy that the quest completion won't register when the NPC takes the last package.

I was able to do so, and completed the supply run without major lag, without dying, and without logging. However, upon returning to Gaston, still did not receive quest completion recognition.
In both cases, I did the deliveries out of order of the directions.

I remember for the Talk to Guard quest, the journal updates after after guard. I did not notice the same thing happen when dropping off supplies. It only gave the yellow message "Lost Item: Beryn Supplies".

Let me know if any other details would help.

Flailer
-2 Penalty in Daylight

Post by Flailer »

Sent you a PM PeregrineV. I also added a few changes to the script that *should* weather the lag storms a little more robustly. It should be in on next server rebuild.

If anyone is having problems with this job, have a DM give you one (one should be enough) package and attempt to drop it off again. Each time one of the outpost commanders grabs his package, he checks to see if you have any others in your inv and if you don't, marks your quest to return to the Border Patrol Sergeant.

Hope that helps.
Flailer
NS Developer

Return to “General NS4 Discussion”