bug

User-to-User support and questions to the Developers and DM team.
Insane1974
Noob

bug

Post by Insane1974 »

not sure if bug or what but nomius uses whale of the banshee or bigsby hand if he kills you with it you lose xp and gold as well i do not think player vs player kills should cost xp or gold not the way xp and gold are now any input on this be great

TheBestDeception
Developer

Post by TheBestDeception »

Typically, Wail and Bigbys will not cause any XP loss upon respawn, as with nearly every spell. However, if you log or crash after dying (or while fighting and come back dead), you will always lose XP upon respawn regardless of what killed you.

I don't think Nomius is special in causing XP loss for his Wails, as no one else's wails will cause such.
But, it's such a draining job that, until you've DMed on an NWN server yourself, you the playerbase, have got to cut the DMs some slack. - Flailer

Insane1974
Noob

Post by Insane1974 »

well it happen to my kid he cast the spell on her she respawned and lost 750 xp points and gold no game crash no nothing

Netrom.dk
Developer

Post by Netrom.dk »

In some incidents you will loose exp/gold no matter how you died in PvP, althoug mostly from spells. Im guessing it is caused by a small lag spike or some currupted information about the kill, so the DB didn't list it as a PK kill. As long as it doesn't happen on every kill there is no reason to be alarmed

Insane1974
Noob

Post by Insane1974 »

well liike i have told other dm it has happen yesterday by nomius killing kayla the happen 3 times one day by nomius killing kayla she lost xp and gold and i believe that is why nomius attacks her let me know if there is logs that show this etc next time he does it ill try to run to her pc get screen and also another player foxilady has also lost xp and gold from nomius killing her i believe if this aint suppose to happen he has found a way somehow game glitch etc to make this happen off these players not sure but i believe it is worth checking into thx again let me know if you find anything and ill get some screens of it if he kills her again

Return to “NS4 Help and Support”