We need a wipe.

Talk about Neversummer 4 with your fellow players.
trent
Newbie Helper

We need a wipe.

Post by trent »

i think its about time for a char wipe. I had stopped playing about a month ago and just started back a few days ago. I still see lvl 40 chars that where lvl 40 when i stopped playing. there are no epic areas so these lvl 40 chars walk around and play god. a wipe would help all those just starting to have a chance and get rid of all the old lvl 40's that have been 40 for months now still roaming. maybe some kind of auto delete script can be put in place to delete a char once it reaches 40 . with no epic areas and most of the people play with epic chars and thoes who don't but run and grab there epic chars if they happen to get pk'ed in battle its kind of a random warzone . i think ns is a great creation and i know the devs and dm's do there best .

Just an idea .
thanks
Trent

Spura
Wheres the donation box?

Post by Spura »

hm yes I see you expect NS4 to be another mod where everybody is doing same areas over and over till lvl 40 in peace and harmony. Another filthy complacent no-pvp PW. And NS has very little pvp and already ppl whine.
Crimson...my humble attempt at reaching godhood.
Bard/fighter/RDD

Throst54
Addict

Post by Throst54 »

i've heard enuff rumors to say it's safe to assume tehre will be a wip soon enough.
Type post, tab tab enter, wait 4page 2 load, shift+tab tab enter, REPEAT!!!

Ryddwillow
Spamalot

Post by Ryddwillow »

:lol: I can understand all the frustration w/ epic char running around playing as u say "GOD". I was the newbi starting out as u, low lvl and trying to survive, but that is the whole thing w/ pvp. I personnally pk ppl then leave and search for new prey, it makes u think how i can create a better char to defeat me and ppl have or are doing it now. When i get pked i personnally move on and remember thier name and in the future will try to pk them back. I have many characters that range from lvl 1 to 39, i know the, what u say frustration is like i have felt it many times. When a wipe does occur the frustration will be back. Count on being pked again :{ and if u dont like well go to a pk safe server. It is about survival and friends to help u out. Maybe get some friends. :twisted:

Blackwillow

trent
Newbie Helper

Post by trent »

wow ..... i never said anything about no pvp .... where you got that out of my post i have no idea. i just stated a char wipe would be nice . you love your chars that much? whats the fun in starting a pvp mod when everyone is already lvl 40? you see the dm's state people should make new chars at lcl 25 and yet i still see people pushing the same old lvl 40 char for months now. maybe you should stop assuming things and maybe take the time to put some thought into my post. I love the pvp part of ns4 the most .

and if i can't have everything well then just give me a taste.

your dear Trent
(aka) Artemis

trent
Newbie Helper

Post by trent »

and i be no noobi .... i have like 4 chars over lvl 20 under my belt and one pushing 30 .........

Throst54
Addict

Post by Throst54 »

ppl usually dont care about ur characters to say whether or not ur a newb...

you can have as many character as you want, and they can still all 'suck' or however u like to put it.
Type post, tab tab enter, wait 4page 2 load, shift+tab tab enter, REPEAT!!!

Bob
Newbie Helper

Post by Bob »

ANYWAYS, here's hoping for a wipe on the next patch/area upgrade. Can't really evaluate the 20 - 40 progression without actually progressing from 20 - 40.

Wen-Kai
Noob

Post by Wen-Kai »

Blackwillow, you and Warlock (Okie) gang-PKed me (L20 cleric--only got SOU) while I was going to giant mountain. I didn't initiate the fight, and we had no past history. 15 min later, you both were still there camping for unsuspecting players.

I could care less about being PK'ed, but you are a living example of why a wipe would be nice. God moding with epic level friends and PKing without discrimination (you both showed up neutral to me--I was RK) wasn't the warmest welcome to NS4 beta.

Oh yea, that audible laugh (from the V menu) you gave at the end of the second fight was pure class.

Blairconz
Noob

Post by Blairconz »

A wipe would level the playing field and I have half a dozen characters im sick to death of anyway (Ultra is the only one worth keeping REALLY)

I AM A CONZ
A TRUE CONZ
ULTRACONZ, THE CHAP WITH THE RATHER BIG SWORD
Last edited by Blairconz on Sat Sep 11, 2004 8:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.

JesterOI
Resident Spam King

Post by JesterOI »

A wipe when NS4 beta is finished with, that will be fine.
LVL 69 LFGS!!!
The Hasselhoff 4 3v3r!!! Metis n3v3r!!!

Darksbane
Noob

Post by Darksbane »

Uh-huh, a character wipe, riiiiight.
And then, when those of us who have taken ages to get our chars up levels (I have one lv 21, a lv 16 and a lv 17) get our characters wiped, just so the new people to the server can level. Now then, ocne those chars are back up to epic levels, and the *next* irritated newbie comes along, can we expect *another* wipe? Until every time a new player comes along who can't figure out the idea of keeping out of Pkers way we have a wipe?
Bah!

trent
Newbie Helper

Post by trent »

i don't think pkers is the problem .... i think its a combo of people just learning the game and the way factions work.. i'm sure most of the so called pkers are outcasts and the person would rather keep playing the same damaged char and pk everything they can cause they have no faction anymore. why would you wanna protect your faction city when the gaurds attack you on site . my first few chars where all outcasts . i think if we had a char wipe things would get alot better in terms of faction wars and there would be less ramdon pking. if you walk into a enemy territory then be prepared to get killed . you hunt in a high traffic area then you get what you ask for. i would like to see the game get more faction and less outcasted lvl 40 pkers . maybe we could have some way to rejoin a faction once outcasted . maybe the char shouldn't get any xp till completeing whatever they have to do to get back in good with there faction. just my thoughts .

Trent

Darksbane
Noob

Post by Darksbane »

A character wipe would not do that, simply erasing everyones characters is *NOT* going to make them more inclined to play faction vs faction.

JesterOI
Resident Spam King

Post by JesterOI »

Fact is that there is going to be a vault wipe when the beta is finished.
N00b's should wait for that.
Vet's be aware that it IS going to happen eventually.
LVL 69 LFGS!!!
The Hasselhoff 4 3v3r!!! Metis n3v3r!!!

Return to “General NS4 Discussion”