Sub 1 cr's

Post your tips, ideas for improvements, requests for new features, etc. here
JesterOI
Resident Spam King

Sub 1 cr's

Post by JesterOI »

Would be nice to have the minimum CR in the mod be 1, instead of these 0.25's and 0.33's and 0.50's.
Can't see any negative impact this would create on the mod.
Only thing it would do is help low level characters get their first 6 levels a little faster.
So how about it? Raise the creatures with <1 cr up to cr 1?
LVL 69 LFGS!!!
The Hasselhoff 4 3v3r!!! Metis n3v3r!!!

DrakhanValane
Arrogant Snob
Location: Five Minutes Before the End of Eternity (or Maryland, take your pick)

Post by DrakhanValane »

I don't see why they need to be increased. So you can power-level?
If you tilt your head far enough and squint hard enough, anything becomes as simple or complex as you'd like--regardless of whether it is or not. -- A lesson learned from Stephen Wolfram's A New Kind of Science

JesterOI
Resident Spam King

Post by JesterOI »

Power level to what? Level 6?
After that the xp drops off, it would only help people get their first few levels faster and that is all.
LVL 69 LFGS!!!

OneManArmy
Noob

Post by OneManArmy »

I agree with Jester. When i first started, i did not wanted to powerlevel but due to item restriction, i realized that before a certain level i was just dead meat everywhere outside noob area.

So i end up powerleveling till my 11th level (summon 4 as sorc) where things started to be fun. This was my painfullest 11 level of my whole NWN experience.
French r evil !!! That's what Moira say =)
I'm fine with that Lady.

IcemanXV
Newbie Helper

Post by IcemanXV »

I just don't get why a 4 hp rat deserves to be a cr 1. A cr 1 is equal to a level 1 PC, and rats with 4 hp and a -2 ab are not quite that well off.

JesterOI
Resident Spam King

Post by JesterOI »

It's not about a rat deserving to be 1 instead of .25.
It's a suggestion to help make the first few levels easier.
Try starting a Smurf Wizard, it's painful. I got mine to level 2 and quit after seeing how long it took me.

But I'm not against adding a little extra power to any creatures that got their cr raised from <1 to 1.
Make rats a level 1 rogue for example.
LVL 69 LFGS!!!

AndrewCarr
Spamalot

Post by AndrewCarr »

For goblins the cr difference is meaningful, but at later lvls, and even at lvl 1, i'd have rather fought all hard cr 1 creatures, since the xp gain seems to outweigh the minorly more difficult fights. And later on it's nice to see a bunch of easy mobs still which are meaningful, instead of a mix of effortless(which turns into a large drop off of xp, from like 15-20 vs 8) and easy mobs(cr1)
Lindon Erithar
and
Quickie Mart the <a href='http://www.cultofokie.com'>Okie Ambassador</a>

ATI
Spamalot

Post by ATI »

My lvl 6 pwnz j00 n00|3. Yeah right....I agree with jester, getting to lvl 6 faster, just gets you to the end of a PKer's blade faster.

No reason to make the game go slower for new chars, especially since Morons like the slaves keep running around and killing new chars.

Come on, lets throw a bone to the newbs and give them some easier time lvling to their higher-lowrange levels. And lvling to lvl 6 in an hour isn't power leveling, since most casters that are built right can lvl to 6 in about an hour anyways.
I've tried fire, i've tried faith, and i've tried force, all I have left is hope.

-BannyD-
Spamalot

Post by -BannyD- »

ATI wrote:No reason to make the game go slower for new chars, especially since Morons like the slaves keep running around and killing new chars.

we do? i never knew that before. oh wait, u must mean when our lvl 5s go kill other lvl 5s...sorry for that, i guess no one wants a challenge from players as well as monsters

Return to “NS4 Ideas and Suggestions”