Petition to restore some of the stories from BB1

For general role-playing or tales and stories of your NS characters. In-character only!
Nameless_1
Noob

Petition to restore some of the stories from BB1

Post by Nameless_1 »

I'd like to ask the devs, if it's still possible, to restore some of the stories from the Bearded Bard forum 1 to here. I can post all my stories here myself cause I have them backed up on my hard drive, but there were others who posted some really good stories that I feel should be restored and available for all people to read.

If it is not possible to do that, then I am sorry to take up your time.
Tyrante High Cleric of Vecna

Knightwing4
Looking for group

Post by Knightwing4 »

do it when things cool down, do you really want to wait another day (week :P) to have NS4 released?

Pettsson
Looking for group

Post by Pettsson »

There are three types of people in the world; those who can count, and those who can't.

Throst54
Addict

Post by Throst54 »

why not making use of cut and paste... i mean you may not have posted it, but you can attribute it to who posted it...

or.. go w/ pettsson's suggestion
Type post, tab tab enter, wait 4page 2 load, shift+tab tab enter, REPEAT!!!

DrakhanValane
Arrogant Snob
Location: Five Minutes Before the End of Eternity (or Maryland, take your pick)

Post by DrakhanValane »

I say they *don't* pull stories from the original Bearded Bard. This way people can repost with their stories tailored to NS4.
If you tilt your head far enough and squint hard enough, anything becomes as simple or complex as you'd like--regardless of whether it is or not. -- A lesson learned from Stephen Wolfram's A New Kind of Science

Throst54
Addict

Post by Throst54 »

that wud be kewl if there was a library in NS city that had tons of books w/ pplz stories in them...

yea..

actaully DV, the orinal throst story, strangley enuff, cud be left almost exactly how it is and make sense in teh Aetheria background... kinda freaky actaully...

Nameless_1
Noob

Post by Nameless_1 »

I don't think cut and paste is a good idea, since some people might not want their post to make it to this forum, so only the author can make that desicion and cut and paste his own story, and now I see that by the same argument the forum Mods shouldn't do it either. So I guess I'm withdrawing my petition.

Oh yeah and I like Throsts idea of putting some of people's stories be put in books and placed all over NS4, not sure if it's possible, and again I think this should only be done with the authors permission.

Pettsson
Looking for group

Post by Pettsson »

Quite possible... But authors permission should be required, yes.
There are three types of people in the world; those who can count, and those who can't.

xstatk_tzar
Noob

Post by xstatk_tzar »

I like the idea of a *Library of others adventures. Could some kink soul tell me how this would or could be done, or would it be easier to post them here....?

as always, Your Servant, Delelorfith.

Pettsson
Looking for group

Post by Pettsson »

When NS4 starts, you travel about, get an idea for a funny/cool story, and write it. If there is a library it could contain those kind of stories from NS3, some can be found where the link I posted above points.

Seven
Pk Bait
Location: Hell, actually Spokane, but what's the diffrence I ask you?

Library

Post by Seven »

I like the idea of a library that could be quite cool. You could even add stories from things that don't fit with NS4 exactly and have them be "legendary" the diffrences in the stories from NS4 would be changes made over the years.
You see I have this condition . . .

People are always asking me: Do I know Tyler Durden.

I should have mentioned from the begining: I solve my problems with violence.

With great power comes
HEAT VISION

Nameless_1
Noob

Post by Nameless_1 »

Yeah since the creatures in NS4 come from different planes of existance it makes perfect sence that there could be stories that don't have anything to do with Aetheria.

Nala
Newbie Helper

Post by Nala »

back on topic...New stories are cool..If they wantt o see the old ones they can go to the old forums i'm sure they will be ina read forum only and they can reply here about them..

This should be a good chance to show off what skills you have and top ur last stories..what every good author should do ")

Throst54
Addict

Post by Throst54 »

Nameless_1 wrote:Yeah since the creatures in NS4 come from different planes of existance it makes perfect sence that there could be stories that don't have anything to do with Aetheria.

then what place do they have NS4 forums?
leave them in NS3...

lord_modred
Spam Master General

Post by lord_modred »

i dont see why people are opposed to this... it's just a few transplanted threads... hell, you dont even have to read them!

and on the other side of the argument, why have the admins transplant them? just cut and paste!
"O cruel fate, floating through the void of space like gravity's plaything. O to be thusly boned. Ask not for whom the bone bones, it bones for thee."

help save world hunger!

Return to “The Bearded Bard II”