Trying to Return after a Very Long Absence

The Gelded Geek: Any issues relating to hardware, troubleshooting computer issues for NWN1 and NWN2, building a new computer, etc
northstar_08
Pk Bait

Trying to Return after a Very Long Absence

Post by northstar_08 »

Hi everyone, I have been away from Neversummer for maybe 5 years or so (could be even longer). I mainly played toons titled Northstar or JT or something similar. Mostly played for the Circle or the Northern Coalition although I did have a few Pale Master Tanks.

Just got the urge to try it again

Of course, I cannot remember exactly what my usernames are anymore. I am pretty sure I know my password.

This is a long shot but wondering if there is anyway for a developer to find my usernames. These are the usernames after launching NWN and clicking the Multiplayer button.

I had three usernames similar to the following:
Nrthstr08
Nrthstr08_1
Nrthstr08_2
Nrthstr08_3
Nrthstro8
Nrthstro8_1
Nrthstro8_2
Nrthstro8_3

Anyway, I know it is a long shot but I figured there was no harm in trying

Thanks

Northstar

northstar_08
Pk Bait

Re: Trying to Return after a Very Long Absence

Post by northstar_08 »

I have done some searches through my old posts and I think I found two of my old usernames:

nrthrstro8_3
northstar_08

I cannot login with them though. After clicking Multiplayer and trying to login, I get the message "Cannot connect to Master Server"

Anyway, please don't spend a lot of time on this. I am guessing it is going to be much more difficult to solve then the time is worth

Thanks

Lokey
-2 Penalty in Daylight

Post by Lokey »

http://www.nsrealm.com/public/ns/viewto ... &t=1003673 or block the gamespy addresses with your firewall/hosts file (forum search hosts probably). Second lets you connect from the browser history or enter a domain/ip while the first is a community replacement.
Tep wrote:I login and there's a dwarf to kill. You can't ask for much more than that.

Alkapwn wrote:NC has the most amazing melee build there is. Its a friggin unstopable juggernaut of pain.

northstar_08
Pk Bait

Post by northstar_08 »

OK, I think I am getting closer.

I am able to login to the NeverSummer Server but none of my previously created toons seem to be there.

In Case it matters, below are my Usernames that I used to use:
Nrthstr08
Nrthrstro8_2
Nrthrstro8_3
Nrthrstro8_4

I have been searching through old posts and I think the following post is my issue: http://www.nsrealm.com/public/ns/viewto ... &t=1003731

Anyway, I have updated game to patch 1.69

Any help someone can provide would be greatly appreciated. Really hoping to be able to play again and catch up with old friends (if they are still around)

Thanks

Northstar

Lokey
-2 Penalty in Daylight

Post by Lokey »

The others are lower case...one sec.

Code: Select all

+--------------+
| logins       |
+--------------+
| Nrthrstro8_2 |                                                                           
| Nrthrstro8_3 |                                                                           
| Nrthrstro8_4 |                                                                           
| Nrthstr08    |                                                                           
| nrthrstro8_2 |                                                                           
| nrthrstro8_3 |                                                                           
| nrthrstro8_4 |                                                                           
| nrthrstro8_5 |                                                                           
| nrthstr08    |                                                                           
+--------------+ 
Might be others attached to your cdkeys, but enough to start with.
Tep wrote:I login and there's a dwarf to kill. You can't ask for much more than that.

Alkapwn wrote:NC has the most amazing melee build there is. Its a friggin unstopable juggernaut of pain.

northstar_08
Pk Bait

Post by northstar_08 »

omg, i feel like such an idiot :x

Issue was uppercase.

And I used to do technical support like 25 years ago and that would be the first thing I would have someone try.

Thanks so much.

Return to “General Computer Support”