Feedback request: Turn Undead

Post your tips, ideas for improvements, requests for new features, etc. here
Frendel
Looking for group

Re: Feedback request: Turn Undead

Post by Frendel »

You don't need a Greater Restore to fix it. All you need is a restore potion which drop all over the place, and any fighter can drink. The only only way to get a -10 to stats is if you have a 50 Charisma which no one is doing. Let's say you do try this, you have 50 Charisma, and somehow you managed to get a 25 base Wisdom to cast. A cleric with 25 Wisdom is a joke of an offensive caster.

weasel423
Newbie Helper

Post by weasel423 »

Frendel wrote:You don't need a Greater Restore to fix it. All you need is a restore potion which drop all over the place, and any fighter can drink. The only only way to get a -10 to stats is if you have a 50 Charisma which no one is doing. Let's say you do try this, you have 50 Charisma, and somehow you managed to get a 25 base Wisdom to cast. A cleric with 25 Wisdom is a joke of an offensive caster.
QFT
[IO] is the way to go!

Evil will always triumph because good is dumb
~Dark Helmet

Noob

Post by report »

restore potions arent craftable though.

Noob

Post by report »

you can't ignore summons in the equation of balance within clerics; summoned balor is way more powerful than the solar, more ab more damage and quickened spells. To not mention the neutral summon that is just awful.

Amoenotep
Lord DM Supreme

Post by Amoenotep »

if i remember my crafting days...restore potions are craftable... :)
Mask, Lord of the Shadows
Gruumsh, One-Eye
amoenotep@hotmail.com
----------------------------------

weasel423
Newbie Helper

Post by weasel423 »

Amoenotep wrote:if i remember my crafting days...restore potions are craftable... :)
lessor restore potions are
[IO] is the way to go!

Evil will always triumph because good is dumb
~Dark Helmet

Frendel
Looking for group

Post by Frendel »

I said this...
Frendel wrote:You don't need a Greater Restore to fix it. All you need is a restore potion which drop all over the place, and any fighter can drink. The only only way to get a -10 to stats is if you have a 50 Charisma which no one is doing. Let's say you do try this, you have 50 Charisma, and somehow you managed to get a 25 base Wisdom to cast. A cleric with 25 Wisdom is a joke of an offensive caster.
...and got this as a response.
report wrote:restore potions arent craftable though.
"All you need is a restore potion which DROP all over the place, and any fighter can drink." ...is what I said. This seems like a non point because everyone knows that people who are any good at pvp or pvm really for that matter go out and gold/book farm. On any one of these trips I collect so many Restore pots that I end up leaving some in the remains. Stained Silver Rods can't be crafted either, but people who are good at pvp don't have trouble finding these.

Then this one...
report wrote:you can't ignore summons in the equation of balance within clerics; summoned balor is way more powerful than the solar, more ab more damage and quickened spells. To not mention the neutral summon that is just awful.
...has no bearing on this thread. It belongs on the post titled "Feedback request: Dragon Knight", which may or may not be checked out by mining in the future, but not now. We're discussing Turn Undead, and feedback ideas for mining.

Also, I haven't said it yet, but thank you, thank you, thank you mining for taking an interest in this issue. It's one I've hoped would be changed for a while.

Amoenotep
Lord DM Supreme

Post by Amoenotep »

lesser is, as is regular restoration pots too. i used to craft them in bulk..but its a secret how :)
Gruumsh, One-Eye
amoenotep@hotmail.com

Rufio
PKer

Post by Rufio »

Um... just because it seems like there is a little confusion:

lesser restore potions can cure evil turning. You don't even need to collect regular restores.

side note: is there anything a regular restore can cure that a lesser restore can't? I don't know of anything.
Sebastian (TSS) Doc - Rufio of (TSS) - Dagr (TSS)
Raijin {FoN} - Arcadia {FoN} - Geb {FoN}

frogofpeace
PKer

Post by frogofpeace »

Slow?
Three years of nursery school and you think you know it all.
- Dr. Michael Hfuhruhurr

rocketkai
Pk Bait

Post by rocketkai »

restore can remove the SR hit from spells like mords
Rufio wrote:Um... just because it seems like there is a little confusion:

lesser restore potions can cure evil turning. You don't even need to collect regular restores.

side note: is there anything a regular restore can cure that a lesser restore can't? I don't know of anything.

Frendel
Looking for group

Post by Frendel »

There seems to be a code problem with neutrals and turning. It seems to be only faction based, because I have a lawful neutral toon from nc and it turns undead like a goodie and does the kd thing. We tested a lawful neutral toon from ma and it turned like an evil with the drains. Is it possible to base it on alignment and not faction?

Frendel
Looking for group

Post by Frendel »

Sorry, looked over the post in the changelog about rebuke again. Says that MA clerics are not going to do the kd turns. Is there any chance on this being looked at too since we're looking at Turn Undead? I'll be quiet now. Thanks again mining!

Amoenotep
Lord DM Supreme

Post by Amoenotep »

what school?
Gruumsh, One-Eye
amoenotep@hotmail.com

Alkapwn
PKer

Post by Alkapwn »

Yeah MA Neutral clerics get Evil style turning, Pup set it that way.
::DD:: Minister of Hatemongering and Enemy Carpaccio
:MADD: Resident SlackMaster and KittenPuncher

Return to “NS4 Ideas and Suggestions”