Changing up the potions...

Post your tips, ideas for improvements, requests for new features, etc. here
Korr
PKer

Re: Changing up the potions...

Post by Korr »

DM_Kim wrote:
Lorkar wrote:It has nothing to do with pack organization. Even when ID'd they still look IDENTICAL.
What part of that is not being understood?
It is a pain in the balls to have mouse over each of those potions in order to get your pack organized.
Personally, I would rather play than "organize" my pack, if I want to play a game of organization I can pick up any of the tycoon series of games.
Well I don't have balls so it's not a pain to me. :lol: :lol: :lol:

And how do you organize your pack without moving your mouse over each item?? You have some kind of magic system??

I guess this is a guys thing, that can't tell the difference between Bubbling Green and Faded Green. It take us GIRLS about 30 maybe 40 second to organize our packs.

So the GIRLs win out on this one... :mrgreen: <--Faded Green/Bubbling Green --> :mrgreen:
And then 3 hours to decide if faded should really be on the left and bubbling on the right
Amoenotep wrote:korr is the greatest :(

ImageImage

Rainswept
Newbie Helper

Post by Rainswept »

Then they go ask a man's opinion. They ignore it, but they usually do ask.
Chernobyl_Glow wrote:the players in AO/RK are evil two headed trolls in real life who kick their dogs and speed through school zones
Shamedmonkey wrote:I can feel myself get stupider.

Daltian
Relic Raider

Post by Daltian »

I actually like original posters idea to change look of the potions. No reason to keep them identical, and its very easy to change.
xXenox

Cijah
Pk Bait

Post by Cijah »

I concur. change the potion's appearance.

A poll?

VagaStorm
Developer

Post by VagaStorm »

Amoenotep wrote:if we start this..AO jobs gets moved down the list again....
I think thats theuir evil plan :shock: :shock: :shock:
Best Regards
VagaStorm

Why would I want to count 12 hours twice? I’m perfectly capable of counting to 24, and while we’re at it, can someone go shoot named time zones. GMT+x is all we need!

Amoenotep wrote:if you die to harper that just means your build sucks.

diddy33
Newbie Helper

Post by diddy33 »

Lorkar wrote:It is a pain in the balls to have mouse over each of those potions in order to get your pack organized.
What ever happened to the "organize" option in the diary. . that just disapeared one day lol. i always thought that was useful, except when it got into my coffered on my archer. . that always was a pain lol

Lorkar
Spamalot

Post by Lorkar »

DM_Kim wrote:
Lorkar wrote:It has nothing to do with pack organization. Even when ID'd they still look IDENTICAL.
What part of that is not being understood?
It is a pain in the balls to have mouse over each of those potions in order to get your pack organized.
Personally, I would rather play than "organize" my pack, if I want to play a game of organization I can pick up any of the tycoon series of games.
Well I don't have balls so it's not a pain to me. :lol: :lol: :lol:

And how do you organize your pack without moving your mouse over each item?? You have some kind of magic system??

I guess this is a guys thing, that can't tell the difference between Bubbling Green and Faded Green. It take us GIRLS about 30 maybe 40 second to organize our packs.

So the GIRLs win out on this one... :mrgreen: <--Faded Green/Bubbling Green --> :mrgreen:
I don't hover on something unless I have to, ie;the potions we are discussing, I grab and go. One shouldn't have to sit there for however many seconds to think about which one goes where.
Now Kim you are one special lady if you can tell the difference between the Cat's and the Bull's just by looking at them...if you can do that, would you mind sending me the next few weeks worth of power ball and mega millions numbers please. I could use a psychic right about now.
And as far as girls and guys go, it takes me about a minute or two to organize my inventory not my pack.
I merely brought this up because (A) it has bugged me for years, (B) it would be nice to save a few minutes here and there and (C) there are like a bazillion different types of potion bottles out there.
I had no clue until I played Avlis that there were Sooooo many different book and potion types out there.
Its the little, easy things that keep life interesting. It is not always the new, shiny planar areas.
I wish I had the coding skills to help out some, I would love to flesh out Aetheria.
I am sure most of us would like to see something behind all of those locked doors and dead transitions.
I can't speak for most but I actually enjoy exploring.
Last edited by Lorkar on Fri Sep 11, 2009 11:03 am, edited 1 time in total.
I put the IO in socIOpath!
Lokey wrote:Yeah, ... I blame Tep in that case.
ImageImage

Bargeld
PKer

Post by Bargeld »

Why don't wisdom pots stack?
Death Dealers ::DD::
Laufer - Gemetzel - Force - Little Fist - Egil - Torture - Hatshepsu - Nemesis - Hierophant - Supernaut - Flesh Hound - Insurrection - Antithesis - Dead of Winter - Volcanus 2000

Nyeleni
Relic Raider

Post by Nyeleni »

Heh, I thought wisdom pots didn't exist.
Aiya Mielikki! CELEB ALCONTARI CUYO ANANN!

For the Glory of Torm! Clericus Liberatus Anno Dominis - Gloria Triadis!

Rufio
PKer

Post by Rufio »

diddy33 wrote:
Lorkar wrote:It is a pain in the balls to have mouse over each of those potions in order to get your pack organized.
What ever happened to the "organize" option in the diary. . that just disapeared one day lol. i always thought that was useful, except when it got into my coffered on my archer. . that always was a pain lol
Yeah. I used that option all the time to stack all my stray potions.
Sebastian (TSS) Doc - Rufio of (TSS) - Dagr (TSS)
Raijin {FoN} - Arcadia {FoN} - Geb {FoN}

Eldaquen
Newbie Helper

Post by Eldaquen »

Organizing a pack only takes time initially. I use same placement on all my builds:
-Page 1 for currently used weapons, armor and other items need to get to fast.
-Page 2 for potions and kits (if carrying kits, sometimes in numerical order top to bottem) tend to sort by color, white in a row, green..etc for quick recognition and access.
-Page 3 consumable buff items: see invisibility daggers for example; like items neatly placed together.
-Page 4 and 5 overflow
-Page 6 items intend to sell.

Once have system set up does not take long. I have at least 10 lore on all builds so able to ID a drop, and pots go to right page and stack as I go. Only time falls to first page is when stacks are full, which then is only moving 1 potion to page 2 and cycle starts anew.

Moving multiple items around can be a chore, but not once have an empty coffer to facilitate the moves; just takes little planning.

Denier has chuckled at my packs organization. Everything has its place :)
Murphy's Law:
Nothing is as easy as it looks.
Everything takes longer than you expect.
And if anything can go wrong,
It will, at the worst possible moment.

LinuxPup
Professor Nerfalicious

Post by LinuxPup »

Changing the appearance of the Cat's Grace potion
Lead NS4 developer

[ Brilhasti ap Tarj ]
[ ...Darkfalz... ]
[ Azchekelon ]

Rainswept
Newbie Helper

Post by Rainswept »

LinuxPup wrote:Changing the appearance of the Cat's Grace potion
Excellent! Thanks.
Chernobyl_Glow wrote:the players in AO/RK are evil two headed trolls in real life who kick their dogs and speed through school zones
Shamedmonkey wrote:I can feel myself get stupider.

Lokey
-2 Penalty in Daylight

Post by Lokey »

He changed it to look like the bear's endurance one :)
Tep wrote:I login and there's a dwarf to kill. You can't ask for much more than that.

Alkapwn wrote:NC has the most amazing melee build there is. Its a friggin unstopable juggernaut of pain.

Lorkar
Spamalot

Post by Lorkar »

Thank You Linux, you rock! :D
I put the IO in socIOpath!
Lokey wrote:Yeah, ... I blame Tep in that case.
ImageImage

Return to “NS4 Ideas and Suggestions”