Autobuff and Cleric Domain Spells

User-to-User support and questions to the Developers and DM team.
Ragnareith
Pk Bait

Autobuff and Cleric Domain Spells

Post by Ragnareith »

Just a minor thing - the automatic buff recording cycle doesn't seem to incorporate cleric spells that are granted as part of a domain (most notably Improved Invisibility) - for me anyway. I buff, but the domain spell doesn't appear in my casting queue. Probably not worthy of the devs' time at present, but just thought I'd point it out :)
"The evil that men do lives after them; the good is oft interred with their bones" - Mark Antony from Shakespeare's "Julius Caesar"

Lorkar
Spamalot

Re: Autobuff and Cleric Domain Spells

Post by Lorkar »

It isn't just with cleric domain spells. It happens with other spells and other classes. It was a pain in so much as you think you are buffed and then when you get hammered by something the spell might have lessened or prevented, you realize then that one was missed. From there on out you pay closer attention is all.
I put the IO in socIOpath!
Lokey wrote:Yeah, ... I blame Tep in that case.
ImageImage

Tsavong
Spamalot

Post by Tsavong »

I dont use the autobuff i find it too much hassle. It gets interupted by someone joining or leaving party you got to start again so i just cast my buffs form quickslots etc, then if someone joins the party i can just pick up where it stoped.
Melkor of Mellifeur {GODS}, Banshee {GODS}, Warlock {GODS}
MrAsimov wrote:...one thing has become fairly obvious to me: NC is already full of a bunch of rogues.

--Ashe--
Looking for group

Post by --Ashe-- »

I use it all the time, and if you don't have duplicate spells memmed it jumps past them when you use it again. The domain spells aren't such a big issue to me, with the autobuff I don't have to clog my casting trays with spells anymore just to buff.
Celeste Harenhaal {FoN}, Rayne Quinn {FoN}, Vin {FoN}
Shogun (TSS), Zen (TSS)
Tyrion SyN, Deviant SyN, Rahvin SyN, Venial SyN

Korr
PKer

Post by Korr »

I rarely use auto-buff. Mostly on arcane casters and druids. Its a pain to have to start off casting your domain spells, and then let auto-buff take over. I would rather do it on my own. Autobuff stops all other actions instead of adding on to the string, so you HAVE to let all your domain spells finish first.
Amoenotep wrote:korr is the greatest :(

ImageImage

VagaStorm
Developer

Post by VagaStorm »

Korr wrote:I rarely use auto-buff. Mostly on arcane casters and druids. Its a pain to have to start off casting your domain spells, and then let auto-buff take over. I would rather do it on my own. Autobuff stops all other actions instead of adding on to the string, so you HAVE to let all your domain spells finish first.
Yes, or you can start auto que, and add your domain buffs at the end :) I realy love the auto buff function as it frees up spellslots :)
Best Regards
VagaStorm

Why would I want to count 12 hours twice? I’m perfectly capable of counting to 24, and while we’re at it, can someone go shoot named time zones. GMT+x is all we need!

Amoenotep wrote:if you die to harper that just means your build sucks.

Bargeld
PKer

Post by Bargeld »

VagaStorm wrote:Yes, or you can start auto que, and add your domain buffs at the end :)
Yup!

With a summon, I manually buff my main ability first, then cast the epic summon, then wait for him to get summoned, then /buff us both.

/buff is a huge time saver imo. Now I can get a fresh drink when I rest rather than having to queue up the buffs. But the enter and leave party, stopping the queue, is still a pain, even if it is off-topic :shock:
Death Dealers ::DD::
Laufer - Gemetzel - Force - Little Fist - Egil - Torture - Hatshepsu - Nemesis - Hierophant - Supernaut - Flesh Hound - Insurrection - Antithesis - Dead of Winter - Volcanus 2000

disastro
Spamalot

Post by disastro »

the only thing better than /buff is auto quicken!!

Lokey
-2 Penalty in Daylight

Post by Lokey »

Domain spells will always be a problem until Bio fixes a bug they have no current intention of fixing. Related set of bugs maybe...there's a lot of them :(

I do what Vaga does: buff list then the domain spells I want.

Edit: did some checking. Extend works, maximize works on arcane spells. Yay for stealth fixes :)
Tep wrote:I login and there's a dwarf to kill. You can't ask for much more than that.

Alkapwn wrote:NC has the most amazing melee build there is. Its a friggin unstopable juggernaut of pain.

Bargeld
PKer

Post by Bargeld »

Does it cast the spell as normal, with the meta stripped? I've got max bulls cats etc in a /buff string and the quickslots show them as having been cast.
Death Dealers ::DD::
Laufer - Gemetzel - Force - Little Fist - Egil - Torture - Hatshepsu - Nemesis - Hierophant - Supernaut - Flesh Hound - Insurrection - Antithesis - Dead of Winter - Volcanus 2000

alasteir
Looking for group

Post by alasteir »

I have to agree with the pro-autobuff crowd....I love it. Saves me a bit of time and sanity.

Return to “NS4 Help and Support”