Humble Requests

Post your tips, ideas for improvements, requests for new features, etc. here
Heeza
Pk Bait

Humble Requests

Post by Heeza »

Howdy! I've been tossing some things around in my head for a month or so and thought I would brainstorm them here.

1. I love the idea of automatically stacking potions. (I "think" this is being looked at.)

2. It sure would be nice to have the name of the potion show up, instead of bubbling this, or fizzy that.

3. When you delve an item it would be nice to see what the level restrictions are. I know they're named things like enchanted this, or mithril that or polished something. I printed off a couple pages of info but it usually seems the thing I'm looking for isn't on there.

4. I don't know if this is doable or not but, Until I get Automatic still spell I have to take my armor off, buff, then put my armor back on. It never seems to fail, right as I cast the last buff my pet, or someone in the party picks a fight and I am unable to put my armor back on. I can understand not being allowed to change armor while I'm fighting.

Thanks!!1!
Last edited by Heeza on Wed Jun 11, 2008 6:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Level 1 Human Nuisance.
Starting Feats: Beer Domain, Sleep Domain. Weapon Proficiency, Fork.
Skills: Concentration -2, Tumble 4, Bounce 4, Snore 2

Amoenotep
Lord DM Supreme

Re: Humbly Requests

Post by Amoenotep »

arcane spell failure and taking off your armor are natural acts you have to live with.

item lvl restrictions come up in your combat log when you try to use the item and its too high for you.

potions wiht confusing names are so they can be id'd in the db and add in some not readily available info on theme so you actually have to look.
Mask, Lord of the Shadows
Gruumsh, One-Eye
amoenotep@hotmail.com
----------------------------------

Heeza
Pk Bait

Re: Humble Requests

Post by Heeza »

I understand the arcane spell failure feature and I don't have a problem with that, Its not being able to change armor because of someone else's action. i.e. engaging in combat. Like I said, once I have auto still spell arcane failure is a moot point, but I still won't be able to change my armor if someone else in my patry is in combat.

As for item levels, yes I know I can keep trying things on over and over to see what level they're made for, I was just thinking it would be easier and more player friendly to just have the item level come up when you pull up the examine window.

And thank you for the answer to potions. My RL friend also explained to me that it has something to do with the coding as far as player made potions and some other such things that mostly went over my head. :?

Thanks again for the info
Level 1 Human Nuisance.

DM_Kim
Dungeon Master

Post by DM_Kim »

Heeza, something to keep in mind too, what is done for one is done for all. If we could change the settings to allow "armor on" when in combat that would mean that all could swap out armor as needed for any combat situation. What you would have in a melee situation is fighters constantly swapping out weapons and armor to try and counter one another whereas in PvM the spawn wouldn't stand a chance.

The rest comes down to experience. In time you will see that when you have a +5 armor or weapon that's it's level 25 minimum. A +6 level 30 etc. As for the rest, helms, amulets rings etc.. give it time and you will learn what you can use and when.

That's is why the shops allow you to "try before you buy". It's to help new players learn what they are restricted to at lower levels. If in doubt, just ask someone in game what level can a item be used that you have.
Mistress Kim
dm_kim999@hotmail.com

Berronar Truesilver - The Revered Mother

Amoenotep
Lord DM Supreme

Post by Amoenotep »

yeah..game mechanics dictate you can't swap armor...after all, if your under attack how to you slip out of your full plate and into another set without dying?
Mask, Lord of the Shadows
Gruumsh, One-Eye
amoenotep@hotmail.com
----------------------------------

Ragnareith
Pk Bait

Post by Ragnareith »

Well, you could get creative and use your armour as a shield or a bludgeoning weapon instead... Now that I'd like to see.
"The evil that men do lives after them; the good is oft interred with their bones" - Mark Antony from Shakespeare's "Julius Caesar"

Heeza
Pk Bait

Post by Heeza »

I guess maybe I'm not asking the question correctly or something. I don't want to be able to change my armor while in combat. I too think that opens up too many exploits.

I'm wondering why, if someone in my party is in combat, why am I flagged as being in combat.

I guess its all or nothing when it comes to the party? And it just can't be changed?

Thanks again
Last edited by Heeza on Thu Jun 12, 2008 2:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Level 1 Human Nuisance.

Nyeleni
Relic Raider

Post by Nyeleni »

Yup, just drop party, if you have to change armour or rest. And then get invited again.
Aiya Mielikki! CELEB ALCONTARI CUYO ANANN!

For the Glory of Torm! Clericus Liberatus Anno Dominis - Gloria Triadis!

DM_Kim
Dungeon Master

Post by DM_Kim »

Nyeleni said it best about equipping armor in party. Same goes for Rest. If as party member is in close range to you and is in combat, your viewed as being in combat too and can't Rest. You would have to drop party in order to Rest.
Mistress Kim
dm_kim999@hotmail.com

Alkapwn
PKer

Post by Alkapwn »

Heeza wrote:Howdy! I've been tossing some things around in my head for a month or so and thought I would brainstorm them here.

1. I love the idea of automatically stacking potions. (I "think" this is being looked at.)

2. It sure would be nice to have the name of the potion show up, instead of bubbling this, or fizzy that.

3. When you delve an item it would be nice to see what the level restrictions are. I know they're named things like enchanted this, or mithril that or polished something. I printed off a couple pages of info but it usually seems the thing I'm looking for isn't on there.

4. I don't know if this is doable or not but, Until I get Automatic still spell I have to take my armor off, buff, then put my armor back on. It never seems to fail, right as I cast the last buff my pet, or someone in the party picks a fight and I am unable to put my armor back on. I can understand not being allowed to change armor while I'm fighting.

Thanks!!1!
ROFLOCOPTER!

5. I find leveling quite time consuming. Maybe the devs could put an item that a lvl 1 character could buy for say... 1gp that would give 800k xp to said character. Maybe this asking too much ..... :P

joking ofcourse
::DD:: Minister of Hatemongering and Enemy Carpaccio
:MADD: Resident SlackMaster and KittenPuncher

frogofpeace
PKer

Post by frogofpeace »

Alkapwn wrote:
5. I find leveling quite time consuming. Maybe the devs could put an item that a lvl 1 character could buy for say... 1gp that would give 800k xp to said character. Maybe this asking too much ..... :P
So ... does DCN have some of those in stock?
Three years of nursery school and you think you know it all.
- Dr. Michael Hfuhruhurr

DM_Kim
Dungeon Master

Post by DM_Kim »

frogofpeace wrote:
Alkapwn wrote:
So ... does DCN have some of those in stock?
Melincia is the only place that can give you 800 xp at lvl 1 without killing anything. You just have to sell your soul there. :wink:
Mistress Kim
dm_kim999@hotmail.com

diddy33
Newbie Helper

Post by diddy33 »

:shock: hmm.. always wanted me a shifter. .

Korr
PKer

Post by Korr »

SL will give you 1k if you can kill a dog... and a few sleeping drow. which in the end at level one is closer to 1500
Amoenotep wrote:korr is the greatest :(

ImageImage

Bargeld
PKer

Post by Bargeld »

Korr wrote:SL will give you 1k if you can kill a dog... and a few sleeping drow. which in the end at level one is closer to 1500
Rover will eat you :twisted:
Death Dealers ::DD::
Laufer - Gemetzel - Force - Little Fist - Egil - Torture - Hatshepsu - Nemesis - Hierophant - Supernaut - Flesh Hound - Insurrection - Antithesis - Dead of Winter - Volcanus 2000

Return to “NS4 Ideas and Suggestions”