Weird stuff at reinstall

General discussion on NWN scripting, expansions, and modules
Bmonkey
Noob

Weird stuff at reinstall

Post by Bmonkey »

decided to re install after i ran into problems last night,

(in the end i was poking in the wrong direction, seems the intercontinental line was just buggered.)

So after uninstalling and cleaning register i turned my comp off to leave the installing for today.
While installing i started normally with the basic game then shadows of undrentide.

This is where the game gave me a big brother is watching you scare...

While installing sou the game asked me for the next disk hotu, HOW DOES SOU KNOW I OWN HOTU ?

after this i just installed hotu anyway and that installed a few files the sou install didnt.

I was wondering if anyone has seen this before and where it came from? (guess maybe it had some residual info in register even after the clean but still...)

--ps this isnt a plat edition , all original disks from seperately bought expansions
"monopoly's just a game senator. I'm trying to control the f***ing world."
-Robin williams as Bill Gates

TGPO
Dungeon Master

Post by TGPO »

If you look at the files when your doing the installs of the expansion packs. You will see xp1.key for SoU and xp2.key for HotU. There are a few other files too, but those are the "giveaways".
*Computers are alot like air-conditioners. They work great until you open windows*

Bmonkey
Noob

Post by Bmonkey »

so these keys got added to my register and prolly escaped uninstall and cleanin ?
"monopoly's just a game senator. I'm trying to control the f***ing world."
-Robin williams as Bill Gates

Return to “NWN Discussion”