Resurrecting locked thread

General discussion on NWN scripting, expansions, and modules
OneKnightinChina
Pk Bait

Post by OneKnightinChina »

TGPO wrote:Please when the urge to resurrect old threads hits, resist it. We leave them in place for because turning on automatic thread deletion might also delete some valuable information that is lost in the mists of time.

I just might be forced to go into the database and mass lock anything over a month old. Having me loose in the db is a bad idea because I might accidently delete a few user accounts while I'm at it.

is bringing back an old topic so bad? i'm sorry if i have upset anyone by doing so but would people rather there be duplicate posts of something that was posted a while back or have the discussion placed in the same post that was posted before?
if it is such a taboo to post your opinion in a topic long forgotten then i'll Try not to do it in the future.
Before you judge a man walk a mile in his shoes, after that who cares? he's a mile away and you have his shoes.

lord_modred
Spam Master General

Post by lord_modred »

actually either way you go, you get reamed for it. ressurect an old thread? you get chastised. create a new version of an old thread? you get chastised. its a no win scenario
"O cruel fate, floating through the void of space like gravity's plaything. O to be thusly boned. Ask not for whom the bone bones, it bones for thee."

help save world hunger!

JesterOI
Resident Spam King

Post by JesterOI »

That's why you dgf and do it anyway! :P

(my psychic super powers tell me a lock is coming on... "soon" (muwhahahaha))
LVL 69 LFGS!!!
The Hasselhoff 4 3v3r!!! Metis n3v3r!!!

OneKnightinChina
Pk Bait

Post by OneKnightinChina »

i'm sorry i'm not too farmiliar with all of these abbrieviations, what's dgf mean, from the way you've used it i'd guess it's something like "don't give a ****"? but i could be wrong. ^^;
Before you judge a man walk a mile in his shoes, after that who cares? he's a mile away and you have his shoes.

TGPO
Dungeon Master

Post by TGPO »

Jester once again shows his telepathic powers.
*Computers are alot like air-conditioners. They work great until you open windows*

Return to “NWN Discussion”