ihuntudown
Wheres the donation box?

Post by ihuntudown »

Release Date: Sep 19, 2006

according to gamespot

kingfatzo
Addict

Post by kingfatzo »

so if this were bethesda releasing TES 4 - Oblivion, you would bunp that date to around january '07 :lol: 8)

or even worse - Nintendo releasing a Legend of Zelda game....for all who know... LOL

sorry, i have no faith in release dates anymore, but ty for the heads; looks like i have somthing new to buy in the future :D
Fatzo
Resident Glutton and Hand of the Legendary Brethren
http://thelegendarybrethren.forumsplace.com/
http://brethren.mygameguild.com/main.asp

ihuntudown
Wheres the donation box?

Post by ihuntudown »

anyway, how is the devolpment going on the ns5?

P. Fricebottle
Addict

Post by P. Fricebottle »

How are they supposed to make progress on NS 5 if NWN2 isn't even out yet?

MasterYoda
PKer

Post by MasterYoda »

Well since there is only a level 20 pc limit i would immagine that they would have to alter some areas and take some away completly.

Also they would probaly have to think asbout what kind of timeline they have to work with as far as how long it will take to convert a NS4 module to nwn2.

They prob havent been able to phyisically convert but ill bet there is tons and tons of brainstorming going on behind closed doors.
TGPO wrote:Man, dont u hate it when yoda is right

Amoenotep wrote:yeah....he's a little right :(

kingfatzo
Addict

Post by kingfatzo »

hehe as great a potential NWN2 will have, i dont see myself leaving NS4 (nwn 1) for some time....and even when the game is finally released, it would probably take months if not a year to get a "stable" server going for the public. :P
Fatzo

Bloodstone
Pk Bait

Post by Bloodstone »

I hope Yoda is jesting with us, but knowing that little green dude he's probably not. A level 20 pc limit instead of 40? Makes ya wonder why they did that, an if its actually worth getting once it is out.

Mr. O'Dearly
Developer

Post by Mr. O'Dearly »

NWN2 will only have lvls 1-20 on first release.
Epic lvls are planned to be implemented on expansion packs.
Gotta have a way to keep the money rolling in. :wink:

Kromix
Addict

Post by Kromix »

its called expansion packs!

lol didnt u learn from NWN1? shell out 150 bucks ish to get nwn+ex1+ex2 when they came out? lol you guys are noobs....
Image Image
TGPO wrote: Call me a nazi all you want [...] it wont change the way I approach things.

Sparky
Dungeon Master

Post by Sparky »

Lord, I hope they don't do 40 levels at all ever. DnD was never meant to be taken into epic levels and Wizard's of the Coast basically dropped the ball releasing their poorly thought out Epic handbook. Bioware then took an already poorly realized product and made it even worse in their incredibally watered-down version of epic play in NWN. That's just my two cents though. If they limited the epic cap to 25 or less, I wouldn't cry.

kingfatzo
Addict

Post by kingfatzo »

auctually, i waited a bit to buy the game, and spent alot less money on nwn 8) ....but thats marketing for you....they are all greedy (explative's) .
Fatzo

Celorn
Relic Raider

Post by Celorn »

heh.. i bought NWN the day it came out, at Futureshop I believe... I played the OC first, man did i suck too...beat it eventually. Only once I learned that well enough to venture online I tried many servers and settled on Neversummer and really don't play anywhere else...

NWN2: is gonna be a long long time before the game is even stable, and people script back-end databases for PW play -- i wouldn't imagine playing on any PW will open to any reasonably working state for a while afterwards.

NS5: YAY! Maybe this time the maps can be 100% logically and linearly laid out so that you could make an online map showing where the players are in Aetheria (like Dor Maeglin -- http://dormaeglin.net/content/status/map.htm ) that would rock, and would make things a lot easier for newbs.

And yes, I can help with the enormous dev work of building the maps if you need help...
ImageImage

Elagneros
How is any of this relevant to my guild?

Post by Elagneros »

Kromix wrote:its called expansion packs!

lol didnt u learn from NWN1? shell out 150 bucks ish to get nwn+ex1+ex2 when they came out? lol you guys are noobs....

Or you could have just waited until last fall and got the whole damn thing PLUS the first three Premium modules for a fraction of the price with the Diamond Edition. :twisted:

But hey, NWN was packed much like the original game: the epic rules in pnp were in an optional rulebook released after the core books (unless you're a cheapass like me that don't want to fork out the $40 and just use the SRD), in NWM the epic rules were released in an optional expansion released after the main game.
Former leader of the Legendary Brethren.
Elagneros' Excellent Equipment Emporium

Elagneros

Post by Elagneros »

Sparky wrote:Lord, I hope they don't do 40 levels at all ever. DnD was never meant to be taken into epic levels and Wizard's of the Coast basically dropped the ball releasing their poorly thought out Epic handbook. Bioware then took an already poorly realized product and made it even worse in their incredibally watered-down version of epic play in NWN. That's just my two cents though. If they limited the epic cap to 25 or less, I wouldn't cry.

Well, I can live with a max level of 30, enough to get a good taste of epic and play with the goodies, not quite enough to sink deep into the cheese.

Elagneros

Post by Elagneros »

The maps in NS4 are already pretty logically laid out. The planes aren't so logical...but then they're all alternate realities so some map confusion is ok there.

As for PWs on NWN2: I've been reading that since outdoors areas in NWN are not tile-based, they take up about 10x as much memory as the tilebased areas in NWN. Supposedly, the average module will only typically support about 10 outdoor areas smoothly. Some people have said that because of this, PWs won't be very viable when it comes out, and to get an expansive world like some that exist, you'd have to link multiple servers together to make a world. Now I don't know how true this is, and I don't know how much the dev teamn has been following, but I don't think it bodes well for NS5 if it's true.

Return to “NWN Discussion”