CEP 2 Beta released

General discussion on NWN scripting, expansions, and modules
Elagneros
How is any of this relevant to my guild?

CEP 2 Beta released

Post by Elagneros »

The CEP team has released a beta of version 2 of the CEP. There's a link to download it on the first page of the Vault:

http://nwvault.ign.com/

It's a pretty big file, a 263 Mb .rar, and it's over 1.3 gig when unpacked. But there's a lot of cool stuff in it. There's a bunch of screenshots which show some of the content here:

http://nwncep.com/cepv2_beta/index.htm

There's two big changes with the new version. First, it requires a full NWN install (that is NWN + SoU + HotU) now. Second, the models and such come in 5 rebuilt haks, but the blueprints are in .erfs. So to use the CEP in a module, you don't have to have all the CEP blueprints. And if you do import the blueprints, it looks like you can just delete the you don't want or edit them, without having to rebuild the haks.
Former leader of the Legendary Brethren.
Elagneros' Excellent Equipment Emporium

Lokey
-2 Penalty in Daylight

Post by Lokey »

Amala's skeletons--it's about time (they're awesome, almost BatInTheHat's Mindflayer awesome).
Tep wrote:I login and there's a dwarf to kill. You can't ask for much more than that.

Alkapwn wrote:NC has the most amazing melee build there is. Its a friggin unstopable juggernaut of pain.

GeraldV
Pk Bait

Post by GeraldV »

Ignorant question here - does CEP have any utility in NS4?
We Must Repeat

TGPO
Dungeon Master

Post by TGPO »

nope
*Computers are alot like air-conditioners. They work great until you open windows*

Celorn
Relic Raider

Post by Celorn »

WOW some amazing stuff in there.... it makes nwn look like a whole new game.

The ogre is fantastic!
ImageImage

Flailer
-2 Penalty in Daylight

Post by Flailer »

Let's not forget, there's rumors that DLA (http://www.dladventures.com) will release their content through a patch (or something) with Bioware. Bioware has been paying these guys for the last year and a half or so to develop content for NWN and they've got a staff of about 20 people...

That would be the best option - great content that's also supported by Bioware and included in downloads.

And if you haven't heard, the next patch will also feature an additional download of all new tilesets (as a separate download from the patch via the updater). I can't imagine that we won't be using it as well...
Flailer
NS Developer

None of us is as dumb as all of us.

Elagneros

Post by Elagneros »

Lokey wrote:Amala's skeletons--it's about time (they're awesome, almost BatInTheHat's Mindflayer awesome).

Are those the dynamic skeletons that you can switch the heads and body parts around on around on and equip like normal characters? I didn't really look at them before I saw this post since CEP has a lot of (mostly boring) skeleton blueprints, but when I actually played with these, I was impressed.

Elagneros

Post by Elagneros »

Some other things about the CEP. First of all, this is just a beta, the full CEP 2 is planned for release around the same time Bioware releases the full 1.67 patch (which makes sense, really). Also, I've read on the Bioware boards that the teams behind the CEP, CTP, PrC, and several other very popular user made expansions are working together to ensure compatability and focus their efforts. For example, the the CEP and PrC are working to ensure that their newer releases will work smoothly together, unlike the way things are now. There's also sort of a dividing of tasks among them, CEP will handle custom content like placeables, creatures, etc, CTP is focusing on tilesets, PrC is doing scripting additions to speel, feats, classes. This is all great news for people like me who have no intention of jumping over to NWN 2 as soon as it arrives.

Return to “NWN Discussion”