Post by Flailer »

Flailer
NS Developer

None of us is as dumb as all of us.

JesterOI
Resident Spam King

Post by JesterOI »

I just bought a 6800 last month.

Look at XFX if you're into nvidia, cheapest prices usually. Their 6800 sold for less than a few competitors' 6600GT's.
XFX is made in China as far as I know, but I have never seen an issue online about their qaulity.
LVL 69 LFGS!!!
The Hasselhoff 4 3v3r!!! Metis n3v3r!!!

Jain
Pk Bait

Post by Jain »

So sweeet! Any plans to converting NS4 over? (since they say modules will be portable to nwn2) perhaps run both at once? The only reason i can play on NS4 so much is because it works on my laptop, freeing up my desktop for work and other stuph.

I have an ati 9800pro but my cpu is slower... Quake4 recently woke me up to the fact that my cpu is now ancient.

AggieDan
Looking for group

Post by AggieDan »

Here's hoping my BFG 6800 GT OC is able to hold up for a while.

Though, I do think I picked up a side job at $40/hr. doing some database work. So, I may be able to funnel that money into a few system upgrades.

But, I cannot wait to see that stuff in-game. WOW!

Kromix
Addict

Post by Kromix »

i have to start saving :(

my system is getting old :(

2Ghz Athlon thoroughbread
1 Gig ram pc 2100 (i'm poor coudnt afford 2700 nor 3200)
128 ATI Radean 9200

it runs all my games and runs Brothers in arms (hill30) ok...

have running NWN max graphics.

but for the looks of it i will need to make a face lift to my compy...

knowing that it CANT run doom 3 properly my FSB is too low :( it runs at 2-6 frames a second :cry:

this is my compy

EDIT: and for all those who say, that is too bright! or is too noisy!!!
well all the lighs have switches and the fans have their respective fan contoller :)

EDIT: and NO those are not JI-Joes, they are Homies, given to me in my birthday as a joke

EDIT: and those pics where a few days before i finished terminating the cables so some have shaggy ends :oops:

EDIT: oh and the DVD player was changed by a DVD -+R/RW

but this means i get to buld another compy!!!!!! :twisted:
Image Image
TGPO wrote: Call me a nazi all you want [...] it wont change the way I approach things.

Kromix
Addict

Post by Kromix »

Image Image
TGPO wrote: Call me a nazi all you want [...] it wont change the way I approach things.

bongoblue
Newbie Helper

Post by bongoblue »

last year I was playing NS with a win98se 550MHz computer, with a n ati radeon 7200 runing 32 megs of video ram, and under 500 megs of regular ram.

edit: my new computer is 2.66 GHz, with 1.5 gigs of ram, an ati radeon 9200 with 128 megs of video ram.

OneKnightinChina
Pk Bait

Post by OneKnightinChina »

bongoblue wrote:last year I was playing NS with a win98se 550MHz computer, with a n ati radeon 7200 runing 32 megs of video ram, and under 500 megs of regular ram.

edit: my new computer is 2.66 GHz, with 1.5 gigs of ram, an ati radeon 9200 with 128 megs of video ram.

I was the same although i had a Geforce 3ti with my computer, luckily i've upgraded since then. i can't remember all the specs for it but my computer is running the game much better now and i don't get water glitches any more which is a relief, they really spoilt the atmosphere looking out to sea from a cliffs watching the sun dissappear into the sea along with the sea dissappearing in squares :(
Before you judge a man walk a mile in his shoes, after that who cares? he's a mile away and you have his shoes.

kingfatzo
Addict

Post by kingfatzo »

I also use the Nvidia 6800.... a nice card, and depending on the type it can be a bit expensive ( i bought mine last summer, a big hit to the bank) but its worth it...

Unless you are obsessive/cumpulsive about your cards, then i couldnt see any reason spending more cash...unless you can afford it :D

For refrence -- to those of you who have played/seen TES-4 Oblivion -- this setup can run it with the graphics cranked...and it looks sweet !.... an image is worth a thousand words.

( My CPU )

a "customized" Dell...

Pentium 4 HT -- 2.8 ghz
Nvidia 6800 (256 mb DDR3)
2.5gb DDR2 Ram (533mhz bus)
2 sata drives... (200gb total) -- and i need MORE SPACE !!!!
and an external HD for random STUFF (100gb)

....yada yada yada

--- ande a side note....if you are upgrading your card and feel that you dont have much in the means of fans/ventalation .... then break out the sawzall or buy a bigger case... A buddy of mine had stuck a 6600Gt in his standard HP computer tower and the thing could have served as a personal heater. :lol:
Fatzo
Resident Glutton and Hand of the Legendary Brethren
http://thelegendarybrethren.forumsplace.com/
http://brethren.mygameguild.com/main.asp

JesterOI
Resident Spam King

Post by JesterOI »

Dude! You got a DELL?!!!

Bwahahaha p\/\/ nd !!!

I put all my systems together myself, almost time for a new system.
LVL 69 LFGS!!!

OneKnightinChina
Pk Bait

Post by OneKnightinChina »

JesterOI wrote:Dude! You got a DELL?!!!

Bwahahaha p\/\/ nd !!!

I put all my systems together myself, almost time for a new system.

my computer is a dell too, i wish i hadn't bought the machine it's so touchy, it has power problems, the cd/dvd rw drive sometimes stops working, i phoned them about it they sent a new one out to me and never told me how to install it. :(
but on the bright side, when it's working it's alright. it's a monster of a computer.
Before you judge a man walk a mile in his shoes, after that who cares? he's a mile away and you have his shoes.

JesterOI
Resident Spam King

Post by JesterOI »

PSU is the problem most of the time. Go with a name brand one like Enermax or Antec.
LVL 69 LFGS!!!

Return to “NWN Discussion”