Subraces Help

General discussion on NWN scripting, expansions, and modules
Exar Jun
Noob

Subraces Help

Post by Exar Jun »

I am working on getting subraces set up on our PW. How do you guys do it here...and is there an MSN for someone that is a key person to talk to about this? I am trying the package the Greg Zoeller has on the vault but I have been on your server before and wanted to see how you do it.

You can post or email/message me at exar_jun@hotmail.com.

Thanks in advance.

DrakhanValane
Arrogant Snob
Location: Five Minutes Before the End of Eternity (or Maryland, take your pick)

Post by DrakhanValane »

It's pretty much done via creature skins in NS4 right now. Just have a hook on module enter/subrace selection dialogue to give and force equip a skin you designed in the toolset.
If you tilt your head far enough and squint hard enough, anything becomes as simple or complex as you'd like--regardless of whether it is or not. -- A lesson learned from Stephen Wolfram's A New Kind of Science

Exar Jun
Noob

Post by Exar Jun »

Cool...so I am on the right track with what Zoeller has done here?

http://gulbsoft.de/phpBB2x/g_viewcat.php?p=5807

Exar Jun
Noob

Post by Exar Jun »

Ok...i have it up and running on the first pass but I have not dug into the level modifier and such. Is Joran still the main guru? I would like to chat on msn with someone if possible. if not, please direct me to the right person so I can pm them.

Thanks in advance

Lokey
-2 Penalty in Daylight

Post by Lokey »

Took a quick glance over your link. Problems I see with it for PW use:
- 2da reads are slow--move the info to a database if it's used a lot.
- Tlk file--players have to have this to connect...if it adds a lot or you hak already no big deal. The only reason to have one is to get stuff onto the game gui or for translations.
- On client enter, not a good idea. This script handle is worthless still.

Integrating ELC into experience rewards means custom experience system, there are several good ones on the vault to use. Then add ELC to any hitdie check (go by amount of experience, not GetHitDice() by the way).

A better solution is NWNx-Leto or Auto-bic (Java app). Makes a lot of other things possible as well. PRC's subrace system is on the vault and uses NWNx-Leto, that can be used as a base without hak if you don't want to use the whole PRC.
Tep wrote:I login and there's a dwarf to kill. You can't ask for much more than that.

Alkapwn wrote:NC has the most amazing melee build there is. Its a friggin unstopable juggernaut of pain.

deathdearler1
Newbie Helper

Post by deathdearler1 »

yeah, u have to adjust that PrC hak. i made a tester mod and posted it to NWN, but everytime i tried to use the skills of one of the new PrC's it crashed the whole thing. :cry: now i have to rebuild the whole thing from scratch.
when death comes for you and you are not afraid, if he asks why tell him you met me

Return to “NWN Discussion”