is sneak attack and 'death attack' cumulative?

General discussion on NWN scripting, expansions, and modules
RogueMD
Noob
Location: here there and everywhere, but usually the underdark... i mean detroit

is sneak attack and 'death attack' cumulative?

Post by RogueMD »

Just wondering... if you play a rogue/assasin character is the rogue sneak attack and assasin 'death attack' cumulative?...

additionally is it possible to get two prestige classes (for eg. rogue/assasin/shadow dancer ?

thanks
Strongbadia... destinied for global domination
fear the power of... THE DOUBLE DEUCE!!

DrakhanValane
Arrogant Snob
Location: Five Minutes Before the End of Eternity (or Maryland, take your pick)

Post by DrakhanValane »

Last I checked they are.

Not in NS4.
If you tilt your head far enough and squint hard enough, anything becomes as simple or complex as you'd like--regardless of whether it is or not. -- A lesson learned from Stephen Wolfram's A New Kind of Science

Qui
Looking for group

Post by Qui »

I thought they were, havent experimented in NS4, if they arent, then they SHOULD be..
"If you are 20 and not yet a communist you lack heart, If you are 30 and you are still a communist you lack rationality" ~ dont remember.

IcemanXV
Newbie Helper

Post by IcemanXV »

They should stack. I always used a ranger/assassin/rogue (or sd) combo. Having it stack helps tremendously, as rogues do so little damage face to face. The tradeoff for going assassin is getting none of the rogue bonus feats (improved evasion! Slippery mind!) and as such they shouldn't be hampered by doing less damage. Everyone and their brothers has true seeing, so spells like invis and improved invis have less usefulness despite the 50% conceal...then remembering that everyone has dispels too.

Denort
Looking for group

Re: is sneak attack and 'death attack' cumulative?

Post by Denort »

RogueMD wrote:Just wondering... if you play a rogue/assasin character is the rogue sneak attack and assasin 'death attack' cumulative?...

Yes they stack for the purpose of damage but different classes sneak/death attack does not stack for the purpose of qualifying for the increased sneak attack epic feat.

RogueMD wrote:additionally is it possible to get two prestige classes (for eg. rogue/assasin/shadow dancer ?
thanks

No because the server would be overrun with bard/harper/shadowdancers if you were allowed two prestige classes.

Cobol
Pk Bait

Post by Cobol »

correct me if im wrong.. but didnt NS4 modify the trueseeing spell so rogues and shadowdancers has a better chances at there checks ?

Bob
Newbie Helper

Post by Bob »

If I'm understanding what you're asking correctly - cast True Sight has been modified to an improved version of See Invisibility (with a Spot bonus), but it doesn't improve the death attack checks, only allows a character to use stealth more effectively (and therefore gets sneaks off more often).

To improve the DC checks on the death attack, you need more assassin levels and higher Int.

Return to “NWN Discussion”