Delisha Zrazorian
Newbie Helper

Re: Recent change

Post by Delisha Zrazorian »

i'd have to say thumbs up
Fury concurs :D

at your service,
DZ :twisted:
My attitude toward men who mess around is simple: If you find 'em, kill 'em!

Lokey
-2 Penalty in Daylight

Post by Lokey »

Hmmm, someone's done something unspeakable to Mamba, someone got into his account or the world really is ending.
Tep wrote:I login and there's a dwarf to kill. You can't ask for much more than that.

Alkapwn wrote:NC has the most amazing melee build there is. Its a friggin unstopable juggernaut of pain.

mining
Absentee Ballot Dev

Post by mining »

Lokey wrote:Hmmm, someone's done something unspeakable to Mamba, someone got into his account or the world really is ending.
I was going to say something, then figured it was probably a change for the better :P
Bargeld wrote:Overall, I think most would agree that a pure rogue is probably the worst build on the server.

Rummybum
Newbie Helper

Post by Rummybum »

Well the xp change is a big deal, but the buffing change still annoys me. People claiming there is or ever was a large amount of lowbie pvp are simply full of it. Lowbie pvp is not your level 30 killing a party of level 8s in ogre pass.

A lot of the factions are almost impossible to get into or out of as a lowbie solo. Most of the pvp that isn't relic related has always been places like the mountain which doesn't even enter into the discussion.
Vastly confused

mining
Absentee Ballot Dev

Post by mining »

Rummybum wrote:Well the xp change is a big deal, but the buffing change still annoys me. People claiming there is or ever was a large amount of lowbie pvp are simply full of it. Lowbie pvp is not your level 30 killing a party of level 8s in ogre pass.

A lot of the factions are almost impossible to get into or out of as a lowbie solo. Most of the pvp that isn't relic related has always been places like the mountain which doesn't even enter into the discussion.
To be fair, I tried powerlevelling a lowbie on my test server with the XP curve change and got to level 10 in literally 15 minutes.
Bargeld wrote:Overall, I think most would agree that a pure rogue is probably the worst build on the server.

Ajantis.
Spamalot

Post by Ajantis. »

maybe something like Bulls, Eagles, Cat's, Owls, Fox, & Bear's endurance are exempt from the spell casting/buffing level cap to alleviate some players' preference to style of playing the game. Buffing/Helping lowbies, regardless of faction or guild has been a tradition of CLAD. It does take out a piece of the soul of our ethos.
Temet Nosce

We follow the righteous path, the path of Helm.

mining
Absentee Ballot Dev

Post by mining »

Ajantis argued pretty well for some small change, so here's the deal: You can now buff lowbies with any toon, but beware of dog: Buffs will be cast at the targets level.

If I find anyone abusing this in any way, privilege/right will be revoked, in true "This is why we can't have nice things" style.

Shadowalker
Relic Raider

Post by Shadowalker »

Ajantis. wrote:maybe something like Bulls, Eagles, Cat's, Owls, Fox, & Bear's endurance are exempt from the spell casting/buffing level cap to alleviate some players' preference to style of playing the game. Buffing/Helping lowbies, regardless of faction or guild has been a tradition of CLAD. It does take out a piece of the soul of our ethos.
This holds true for The Silver Striders.. (TSS) Father Farwell, missionary to Avendale, has blessed, rescued and aided toons of all factions/guilds without descrimination or favortism for years.

Thank you AJ.
Twig (TSS) - Twig [CLAD] - Twigs -Fury- - SyNfully Rotted Twig - Twig'lee -Down Under- - Twig'zilla

Fergus Glonshire [FoN] - Sakij Lovac [FoN] - Zatharus Rivermoon (TSS) - Bumble (TSS) - Body built for SyN

Rummybum
Newbie Helper

Post by Rummybum »

Wow I guess I don't know what power leveling is, and I don't know how anyone could do what you describe. Thanks dev s though I haven't tried it yet that should make Hyram daBufster less useless.
Vastly confused

Return to “NWN Discussion”