Alternate player client (Higher Ground--Win only so far)

General discussion on NWN scripting, expansions, and modules
Lokey
-2 Penalty in Daylight

Alternate player client (Higher Ground--Win only so far)

Post by Lokey »

Link in first post in this thread at HG forums.

Major fixes are party bar missing objects and lag caused by arrows with elemental damage. Minor stuff is greater camera flexibility (I like for dming but not for playing, feels a bit like being in a fishbowl when zoomed in).

Oh, and the win lockout for only allowing one nwn client at a time has been removed (other OS versions don't have).

General use: download, plop in nwn folder, run it instead of nwmain (don't use nwloader in general). Can be used as a shortcut, etc, add -dmc to the target for dmclient like with nwmain.

Playing multiple clients: each iteration you want to run you need a seperate nwn install and set of cdkeys. Be sure to specify different client ports in nwnplayer.ini as well.

They've done some work on the linux client as well, but don't think anything exciting enough to link here yet. Check their wiki about client changes for info.

Tep wrote:I login and there's a dwarf to kill. You can't ask for much more than that.

Alkapwn wrote:NC has the most amazing melee build there is. Its a friggin unstopable juggernaut of pain.

Alkapwn
PKer

Re: Alternate player client (Higher Ground--Win only so far)

Post by Alkapwn »

Awesome :o
::DD:: Minister of Hatemongering and Enemy Carpaccio
:MADD: Resident SlackMaster and KittenPuncher

Tsavong
Spamalot

Post by Tsavong »

Looks intresting thanks for finding it I'll give it ago.

Edit
Well I gave it a quick go today and it seemed to make the PCs and NPCs invisable seemed not to like the Environment Mapping on Creatures setting but it works with that disabled for me.
Melkor of Mellifeur {GODS}, Banshee {GODS}, Warlock {GODS}
MrAsimov wrote:...one thing has become fairly obvious to me: NC is already full of a bunch of rogues.

Lokey
-2 Penalty in Daylight

Post by Lokey »

Can't play without that one, looks really hideous without. Only vis setting I don't max is shadows.
Tep wrote:I login and there's a dwarf to kill. You can't ask for much more than that.

Alkapwn wrote:NC has the most amazing melee build there is. Its a friggin unstopable juggernaut of pain.

Rufio
PKer

Post by Rufio »

Does this run on windows 7? I used this all the time in Vista, but i just upgraded my OS and now it crashes every time I try to run it.

It could be something to do with the nwshader settings I am running now too, but they are very close to the old settings I was running before I upgraded to windows 7.
Sebastian (TSS) Doc - Rufio of (TSS) - Dagr (TSS)
Raijin {FoN} - Arcadia {FoN} - Geb {FoN}

VagaStorm
Developer

Post by VagaStorm »

Yes, but you must run it as administrator :/
Best Regards
VagaStorm

Why would I want to count 12 hours twice? I’m perfectly capable of counting to 24, and while we’re at it, can someone go shoot named time zones. GMT+x is all we need!

Amoenotep wrote:if you die to harper that just means your build sucks.

Rufio
PKer

Post by Rufio »

VagaStorm wrote:Yes, but you must run it as administrator :/
Still didn't work, it just crashes immediately before it can even start up anything. :?
Sebastian (TSS) Doc - Rufio of (TSS) - Dagr (TSS)
Raijin {FoN} - Arcadia {FoN} - Geb {FoN}

Naveed123
Noob

Post by Naveed123 »

General use: download, plop in nwn folder, run it instead of nwmain :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

Return to “NWN Discussion”