Neverwinter Nights .... 3?

General discussion on NWN scripting, expansions, and modules
Ajantis.
Spamalot

Neverwinter Nights .... 3?

Post by Ajantis. »

I remember having a discussion awhile ago about the prospects of NWN 2 expansion or even a NWN 3. Later, it seemed the rumor was that Atari was going to make their own persistent world (like WoW i guess) of NWN.

Last night I saw this:

http://www.playneverwinter.com

I was curious if anyone knows anything more about this since our last discussion here about it a year or so ago, since it obviously seems like its going to happen.

I also noticed R.A. Salvatore has a new Drizzt series starting called Neverwinter, not uncommon for D&D to create books to accompany it games.

Any of you who know anything about this, I was wondering if you're optimistic or disappointed about what you've heard or read.
Temet Nosce

We follow the righteous path, the path of Helm.

VagaStorm
Developer

Re: Neverwinter Nights .... 3?

Post by VagaStorm »

Oh!!! I got all worm and fuzzy inside, but this is a bummer:
OPG: Many of the servers on gamespy that were built by the community allowed open PvP. Will there be open PVP?

Jack: PvP will not be in at launch.
Best Regards
VagaStorm

Why would I want to count 12 hours twice? I’m perfectly capable of counting to 24, and while we’re at it, can someone go shoot named time zones. GMT+x is all we need!

Amoenotep wrote:if you die to harper that just means your build sucks.

DM Sun Tzu
Dungeon Master

Post by DM Sun Tzu »

Sounds almost like someone has been following Neversummer - destruction of Neverwinter, rebuilding etc.

Expected release 4th quarter of 2011 - 12-15 months from now.
In Neverwinter, players choose to become one of five classic D&D classes and team up with friends or computer-controlled allies to form five-person co-op groups. Players also create their own storylines and quests utilizing an extremely user-friendly content generation system, tentatively codenamed Forge.
An online game with content creation??

Only five classes? (fighter, rogue, cleric, wizard, ?)

Five man teams?

Sounds like an interesting way to improve gameplay by putting some limits in.

Sounds interesting but this is the first I've heard of it.
DM Sun Tzu

"to subjugate the enemy's army without doing battle is the highest of excellence."

Bargeld
PKer

Post by Bargeld »

Storyline for new Co-op Roleplaying Game Inspired by R.A. Salvatore's Upcoming Book Trilogy
From the Press page.
Death Dealers ::DD::
Laufer - Gemetzel - Force - Little Fist - Egil - Torture - Hatshepsu - Nemesis - Hierophant - Supernaut - Flesh Hound - Insurrection - Antithesis - Dead of Winter - Volcanus 2000

Ajantis.
Spamalot

Post by Ajantis. »

To be honest with you, when I first heard of what they were doing a year or so ago, I thought perhaps Atari might have contacted DeputyDog to "buy" Neversummer. Since the work has already been done.
"We're beyond thrilled to develop a brand new version of Neverwinter. It's been years since the original became a gaming icon and we're honored to work with such a great franchise," said Jack Emmert, COO of Cryptic Studios. "We've been working closely with Wizards of the Coast and R.A. Salvatore to create an authentic D&D adventure filled with compelling fiction and exciting gameplay."
Who's Cryptic Studios?
Temet Nosce

Lokey
-2 Penalty in Daylight

Post by Lokey »

City of Heroes/Villains, Star Trek Online, something else. So there's at least the possibility of there being a good game in there from what I've heard of CoH.

There's pvp in pong...Tep will figure out how to get other people killed in like 5 minutes :)
Tep wrote:I login and there's a dwarf to kill. You can't ask for much more than that.

Alkapwn wrote:NC has the most amazing melee build there is. Its a friggin unstopable juggernaut of pain.

VagaStorm
Developer

Post by VagaStorm »

Lokey wrote:City of Heroes/Villains, Star Trek Online, something else. So there's at least the possibility of there being a good game in there from what I've heard of CoH.

There's pvp in pong...Tep will figure out how to get other people killed in like 5 minutes :)
You can just make poisened bread and give it to... err.. not that game...
Best Regards
VagaStorm

Why would I want to count 12 hours twice? I’m perfectly capable of counting to 24, and while we’re at it, can someone go shoot named time zones. GMT+x is all we need!

Amoenotep wrote:if you die to harper that just means your build sucks.

--Ashe--
Looking for group

Post by --Ashe-- »

Now if they could only produce it in such a way so as to adhere more to NWN I instead of that mangled mess that is NWN II. Watering down pvp sucks... this smells just like NWN II lack of multiplayer functionality at release type of decision yet again. I have little to nil faith in Atari to do any DnD based criteria correctly.
Celeste Harenhaal {FoN}, Rayne Quinn {FoN}, Vin {FoN}
Shogun (TSS), Zen (TSS)
Tyrion SyN, Deviant SyN, Rahvin SyN, Venial SyN

Tal
Looking for group

Post by Tal »

It looks a lot like the Diablo series.

"Once you start down the dark path of nerfing, forever will it dominate your destiny. Exceptions to this are few. "

fallout21
Dungeon Master

Post by fallout21 »

DM Sun Tzu wrote:Sounds almost like someone has been following Neversummer - destruction of Neverwinter, rebuilding etc.

Expected release 4th quarter of 2011 - 12-15 months from now.
In Neverwinter, players choose to become one of five classic D&D classes and team up with friends or computer-controlled allies to form five-person co-op groups. Players also create their own storylines and quests utilizing an extremely user-friendly content generation system, tentatively codenamed Forge.
An online game with content creation??

Only five classes? (fighter, rogue, cleric, wizard, ?)

Five man teams?

Sounds like an interesting way to improve gameplay by putting some limits in.

Sounds interesting but this is the first I've heard of it.

"As far as character classes go, "At launch, we're focusing on five classes: Wizard, Fighter, Rogue, Ranger, Cleric," said Emmert. "We think these represent the core archetypes of the 4th edition rule set (Controller, Defender, Striker, Ranger Striker, Support). After launch, we'll be supplementing the game with more and more character classes, so expect to see old favorites like Paladins, Barbarians, Monks and Bards fairly quickly. There is a main storyline, though we've also added many side quests to reward the explorers. A dedicated player can follow the major tale, but for people who like to explore, there's many other tales that players can stumble across."

there are your 5 begging classes
St. Cuthbert "God of Vengeance"

LinuxPup
Professor Nerfalicious

Post by LinuxPup »

woah, hey fallout
Lead NS4 developer

[ Brilhasti ap Tarj ]
[ ...Darkfalz... ]
[ Azchekelon ]

HeCTiC
Noob

Post by HeCTiC »

I seen this today :D
Juiblex-God of Eternal Darkness

Ajantis.
Spamalot

Post by Ajantis. »

Seen what?
Temet Nosce

Amoenotep
Lord DM Supreme

Post by Amoenotep »

soon
Mask, Lord of the Shadows
Gruumsh, One-Eye
amoenotep@hotmail.com
----------------------------------

HeCTiC
Noob

Post by HeCTiC »

I seen it on gamespot yesterday and read about it.
Juiblex-God of Eternal Darkness

Return to “NWN Discussion”