Neverwinter Nights .... 3?

General discussion on NWN scripting, expansions, and modules
Elagneros
How is any of this relevant to my guild?

Re: Neverwinter Nights .... 3?

Post by Elagneros »

Pun-Pun.

That is all.
Former leader of the Legendary Brethren.
Elagneros' Excellent Equipment Emporium

Rufio
PKer

Post by Rufio »

Everyone knows pun-pun (mining already posted that once in this thread), but no sane DM would let you get away with that. On the other hand you can lift some of these PrC's that we have mentioned straight out of the books and wreck everything without exploiting any rare items or infinite loops.
Sebastian (TSS) Doc - Rufio of (TSS) - Dagr (TSS)
Raijin {FoN} - Arcadia {FoN} - Geb {FoN}

mining
Absentee Ballot Dev

Post by mining »

Elagneros wrote:Pun-Pun.

That is all.
The only issue with pun pun is that its super DM-fiatable. So many insanely broken poorly worded NPC abilities that you cheese out, as well as about a million RAW interpretations over RAI interpretations. Its like "Hah! You wrote +6 spells in the level 7 spells column instead of the level 6 spells column!" kind of stuff.
Bargeld wrote:Overall, I think most would agree that a pure rogue is probably the worst build on the server.

Lokey
-2 Penalty in Daylight

Post by Lokey »

Reminds me of that weapon typo somewhere. Threat range: 1-20 lol

Rufio: Core balance is usually worse than expansion balance (though one shots or the themed campaign ones have some stuff that's crazy when used outside them like the infamous Shivering Touch that one shots most core monsters and almost all core dragons). Prime examples are the polymorph line of spells, the planar binding line, wraithstrike, etc...

The decently written non-core stuff like the complete series give options to say fighter (what good feats are there that you need post level 8 or so core) or pali (is there anything past level 4 core that makes it worth taking pali). At least spiked chain is core :)
Tep wrote:I login and there's a dwarf to kill. You can't ask for much more than that.

Alkapwn wrote:NC has the most amazing melee build there is. Its a friggin unstopable juggernaut of pain.

Blystos Re
PKer

Post by Blystos Re »

Fantastic. :| So it will be even worse a project than NWN2 and it will get cancelled half way through.

Rufio
PKer

Post by Rufio »

wraith strike is non-core. it comes from complete adventurer if i remember right. I can't really comment on polymorph and planar binding, but they have been errataed extensively. They were always banned if our campaigns for the sake of simplicity. Our group already took hours to complete an encounter, start using those spells and we would be there all day killing a few ogres :lol:

I do agree that fighters and other pure meleers really needed the expansion books to do anything decent at high levels though.

We generally played around level 8 anyways, I always found it to be a good point where you can start exploring PrCs and casters have enough spells to be interesting, but are still pretty balanced with the pure meleers.
Sebastian (TSS) Doc - Rufio of (TSS) - Dagr (TSS)
Raijin {FoN} - Arcadia {FoN} - Geb {FoN}

Lokey
-2 Penalty in Daylight

Post by Lokey »

Yah, that's the general sweet spot. As long as you don't let casters alter self into the thing that flies and has something like 25 natural armor or throw fell-drained cantrips at level 1 ;) Of course Tep has a wizard with 15 grapple and all day touch me take damage at level 1 lol

Wizards gave up on polymorph, etc a long time ago. There's plenty of fixes out there.
Tep wrote:I login and there's a dwarf to kill. You can't ask for much more than that.

Alkapwn wrote:NC has the most amazing melee build there is. Its a friggin unstopable juggernaut of pain.

Amoenotep
Lord DM Supreme

Post by Amoenotep »

hogre grapple wizard!
Mask, Lord of the Shadows
Gruumsh, One-Eye
amoenotep@hotmail.com
----------------------------------

mgrjebbo
PKer

New Neverwinter Game

Post by mgrjebbo »

Amoenotep wrote:Interesting turn of events.....

frogofpeace
PKer

Post by frogofpeace »

Three years of nursery school and you think you know it all.
- Dr. Michael Hfuhruhurr

mining
Absentee Ballot Dev

Post by mining »

Bargeld wrote:Overall, I think most would agree that a pure rogue is probably the worst build on the server.

MasterYoda
PKer

Post by MasterYoda »

so ns6 there right? gogo !
TGPO wrote:Man, dont u hate it when yoda is right

Amoenotep wrote:yeah....he's a little right :(

Anicetus
Noob

Post by Anicetus »

Neverwinter Online is looking pretty cool so far. I like that players will be able to make custom content (code name: The Foundry) and drop it right into the world... It'll be free to play so no harm in trying it right? :D
Creator of the Brethren supportor of the weak and defender of the Last Alliance.

"It's better to die on your feet than live on your knees"

cely
PKer

Post by cely »

Yeah except we can't make anything on the scale of NS3 or NS4 in NWO :(
cely
NS4 Server Admin
NS5 Developer (retired)

Korr
PKer

Post by Korr »

From last time I looked it seemed like it would be a "global vault" thing where you could join other peoples (DMs) worlds to adventure throughout.

That kinda put me off...
Amoenotep wrote:korr is the greatest :(

ImageImage

Return to “NWN Discussion”