Best Faction Perstige Class

General discussion on NWN scripting, expansions, and modules

what one perstige class would you most want to play in PVP battle?

Shifter
7%
Palemaster
33%
COT
26%
Purple Dragon Knight
4%
Red dragon Disciple
22%
Assassin
No votes
Dwarven defender
7%

Total votes: 27

Deadeyes1
Noob

Best Faction Perstige Class

Post by Deadeyes1 »

For the benifit of the newer people to this server what do you feel is your favorite class. If you could only choose one pestige class to play in a PVP setting of a faction, what would be your favorite?

cely
PKer

Re: Best Faction Perstige Class

Post by cely »

Dwarven Defender, although I might be a bit biased.
cely
NS4 Server Admin
NS5 Developer (retired)

Shamedmonkey
Looking for group

Post by Shamedmonkey »

Well. If we're talking BioWare NWN, then CoT, Shifter, and PDK are terribad. And PM and RDD are ridiculously amazing.
I have always imagined that when shamed prepares for relic events, he grabs his bull horn, he finds his Napoleon hat, and he settles in for a weekend of barking orders and generally pissing off everyone in the tc/nc coalition. - Burrahobbit

Shadowalker
Relic Raider

Post by Shadowalker »

I have only built two of the choices here in Aetheria, so I havent the experiance needed to make an informed choice.
Twig (TSS) - Twig [CLAD] - Twigs -Fury- - SyNfully Rotted Twig - Twig'lee -Down Under- - Twig'zilla

Fergus Glonshire [FoN] - Sakij Lovac [FoN] - Zatharus Rivermoon (TSS) - Bumble (TSS) - Body built for SyN

mining
Absentee Ballot Dev

Post by mining »

Also need to remember that the 'best' class is not the easiest to build and play. Overall, this is just a way of expressing which class you feel like voting for on the day, not any true representation of what these classes are like.
Bargeld wrote:Overall, I think most would agree that a pure rogue is probably the worst build on the server.

northstar_08
Pk Bait

Post by northstar_08 »

Hard for me to vote here as I have really only played a few (Harper Scout, RDD and Pale Master)

I personally loved my PM until its AC was nerfed.

I am thinking on building another PM though (that takes into account the AC changes) so would have to say PM

Tal
Looking for group

Post by Tal »

northstar_08 wrote:Hard for me to vote here as I have really only played a few (Harper Scout, RDD and Pale Master)

I am thinking on building another PM though (that takes into account the AC changes) so would have to say PM
I am a firm believer in that if you need to rebuild a toon because of a nerf then it is the nerf that is broken.

"Once you start down the dark path of nerfing, forever will it dominate your destiny. Exceptions to this are few. "

VagaStorm
Developer

Post by VagaStorm »

I'm wondering, will a pure rdd ever beat a pure pm? Havent played much lately.
Best Regards
VagaStorm

Why would I want to count 12 hours twice? I’m perfectly capable of counting to 24, and while we’re at it, can someone go shoot named time zones. GMT+x is all we need!

Amoenotep wrote:if you die to harper that just means your build sucks.

Nyeleni
Relic Raider

Post by Nyeleni »

Should be able to, with dragon breath.
Aiya Mielikki! CELEB ALCONTARI CUYO ANANN!

For the Glory of Torm! Clericus Liberatus Anno Dominis - Gloria Triadis!

mining
Absentee Ballot Dev

Post by mining »

Tal wrote:
northstar_08 wrote:Hard for me to vote here as I have really only played a few (Harper Scout, RDD and Pale Master)

I am a firm believer in that if you need to rebuild a toon because of a nerf then it is the nerf that is broken.
I firmly disagree. Those ridiculous 2h using melee mages that abused +12 shield EMA were never balanced.

Secondly, Vaga, a 66 AB (74 for the first few turns), 78 AC monstrosity with dragon breath and IKD has better than even odds vs a PM.
Bargeld wrote:Overall, I think most would agree that a pure rogue is probably the worst build on the server.

Cahaal
Looking for group

Post by Cahaal »

With the use of Azerblood for PM's now, it would be very hard to beat them with dragon breath.
Aiea the Chaos
Aseneth
Blood Orchid
Ipomoea
Ange au Demon
Acuity

Daral0085
Newbie Helper

Post by Daral0085 »

Not sure why you think that. According to wiki azer gets:

10/- Fire Resistance

So let's see, 30d10 averages 165, DC 50 reflex save. If they fail the save, then you do an average of 155 damage (assuming no EER: fire). If they make the save (and no evasion), you average 72 damage. These values are before the fire vuln, which knock them up to 196 and 92 respectively.

I think doing 196 fire damage per round would be fairly respectable.
Bargeld wrote:It's been shown in past relic events even, if NC actually has a decent amount of players involved, they will win.

mining
Absentee Ballot Dev

Post by mining »

Cahaal wrote:With the use of Azerblood for PM's now, it would be very hard to beat them with dragon breath.
Azerblood is a silly race for PMs anyway, given that they're built around being hard to hit. If they aren't hard to hit, they're KD bait. Seems lose-lose to me.

Return to “NWN Discussion”