A long time..

General discussion on NWN scripting, expansions, and modules
Chaoslord
Noob

A long time..

Post by Chaoslord »

Its been a few years since Ive checked to see if Neversummer is till running, and to my shock its got even bigger and is still going strong.

Since I stopped playing NVN ive tried numerous MMo's and none of them have been as indepth as NVN(Neversummer) - My question is - If I was to get back into playing this awesome game, what expansion packs would I need? (probly need to buy the whole pack again as I remember a few of my disks being scratched and gathering dust :? )

Think my char was called Rudie/Chaoslord back when I was playing, also knew a player called Hanz(little bugger of a rogue).

Kind regards Chaoslord.

Mathiuz
Noob

Re: A long time..

Post by Mathiuz »

Just the 2 primary expansins, SoU and HoTU. then patch up, read up on races/class/faction requirements to make sure you dont have a login page full of useless toons, and come join us.

cely
PKer

Post by cely »

It'll probably be cheaper to just buy the NWN Diamond Edition - and it's more readily available. I still see it on shelves in retail stores like Target and Walmart. Plus, NWN Diamond comes on a DVD so you don't have to juggle 5 CDs.
cely
NS4 Server Admin
NS5 Developer (retired)

Chaoslord
Noob

Post by Chaoslord »

Thanks for the replies, although Im not sure what server I was on when I played before, Im pretty sure I remember there was an East/West so may be Neverummer 4, so which 1 do I join when I buy this diamond pack?

Im in the UK so would I still be able to play on the servers without lag?

reggemS
Noob

Post by reggemS »

West is gone and NS4 is it's own world so my guess is you probably want East.

North is, of course, also a good option. ;)

As far as the UK, I think there are several people who play from there without much trouble so come on in.

Chaoslord
Noob

Post by Chaoslord »

Well thats typical tbh 8) ..Neverwinter-Nights-Diamond-Edition isnt available in the UK only stuff is from Ebay which is from Singapore or USA and I aint to keen on overseas purchasing, Looks like ill have to go in the dusty attic to search out what I hope unscratched disks :oops: :cry: think ive got all the xpansion packs,although its been a long time since I played it so ive no idea.

Ive got some fantastic memories of this game and Im eager to play it :P

cely
PKer

Post by cely »

Ah in Europe, NWN+SOU+HOTU is marketed as NWN Deluxe Edition. This is what you need to play on Neversummer. Here are a couple of retailers that popped up when I googled for it.

http://www.game.co.uk/PC/RolePlaying/~r ... everwinter
http://www.play.com/Games/PC/4-/5799349 ... oduct.html

...And NWN+SOU+HOTU+Premium Modules is marketed as NWN Deluxe Special Edition. So if you want to play the (single player) Premium Modules listed here: http://nwn.bioware.com/premium/ You should look for NWN Deluxe Special Edition.
cely
NS4 Server Admin
NS5 Developer (retired)

Chaoslord
Noob

Post by Chaoslord »

Getting the deluxe pack tomorrow and I cant wait :lol:

Only problem is.. I have no idea what class to be as since my last play of this game/Neversummer I dont think it had half of the classes that are on offer now. I remember being a wizard back then but I think i had a low lvl thief who i enjoyed pickpocketing stuff off mobs and PvP items :shock: :twisted:

Chaoslord
Noob

Post by Chaoslord »

Installed it twice and couldnt log into main server - it doesnt get past login details and eventually goes into an empty server list but i can see people in chat channels so not sure what i need to do - i didnt install Gamespy on install so im re-installin for the 3rd time and repatching etc and also the 2 direct links into NS4 werent workin but I guess its because im not even hooked up on the main server..

Any ideas as to what im doin wrong? reinstallin NWN Legends as i type :oops:

EDIT: http://www.nsrealm.com/public/ns/viewto ... &t=1000649 :shock:

Flailer
-2 Penalty in Daylight

Post by Flailer »

Did you update the game to the latest patch 1.69?
Flailer
NS Developer

None of us is as dumb as all of us.

Chaoslord
Noob

Post by Chaoslord »

Yup on the server now :shock: :shock: :shock: :D . Didnt install Gamespy at first :D - now i need to do some research on the factions and classes :P

Return to “NWN Discussion”