Censorship gone berserk?

Talk about the boards, on the boards.
Daltian
Relic Raider

Censorship gone berserk?

Post by Daltian »

Just want to know if you intend to censor everything I say because you are affraid of different opinion? Or you're doing it just for fun?

You deleted my post on merchant system being broken, whitch it is. You think I am wrong. Say so. But why deleting?

Then totaly off topic post about so called heroes appears. I am totally against war and I reply in that manner. I get censored. Are you afraid that I might open peoples eyes? Or this is american only forum. No opinions alowed except curreny politics aproved ones?

Why don't you put, no dogs and non americans tag on the forums?

I am sure this will get deleted too but who cares.

Long live liberty of speach!
xXenox

Joran
Spamalot

Post by Joran »

Can you re-post the merchant system topic? I don't remember seeing it and I'm sure I didn't delete it. I don't see why it would have been removed.

As far as the war post (which I didn't see either), you're of course entitled to express your opinion, but since that was a topic created solely to express goodwill toward those serving in the armed forces, no matter which country they are from, it was probably inappropriate to badmouth them there. You can of course express your outrage over recent events or war in general on a forum dedicated to that sort of thing. Cry censorship, but it is our perogative to delete posts that we feel may be inappropriate, sorry.

JesterOI
Resident Spam King

Post by JesterOI »

This isn't a public forum exactly, it's a privately run forum and therefore will be run pretty much as a dictatorship, if you expect any different I think that's naive.
LVL 69 LFGS!!!
The Hasselhoff 4 3v3r!!! Metis n3v3r!!!

bongoblue
Newbie Helper

Post by bongoblue »

Hmm. I swore an Oath to protect the U.S. Constitution and Bill of Rights, but... this is a private forum server. And it doesn't come under the protections of the U.S. laws.

Æ
Wheres the donation box?

Post by Æ »

I kept this to myself before, but I won't now...

All I can say is... I live in New York city... I lost a dear friend and a wonderful affectionate lover on 9/11, two beautiful kind-hearted people who did not deserve to die, and others i know lost important people in their lives... And I hope the painful void left in my life by their loss and by the thought of them dying suck a horrible death is repaid a thousand times over to all the religious freaks who decided to drag us into their petty 2000 year old war and drag us down to their level out of jealousy when they were all welcome to join us in our prosperity like anyone else in the world is welcomed here. What you said was tactless and inappropriate. If you want to play a game programmed in America, by Americans, on American-invented computer technology, with American players in a mod created by Americans, and enjoy the most American freedom of speech you speak of, then keep your prejudices to yourself... If I was DM you would be banned already, you're out of line... Why would a bunch of Americans want to hear you putting us down? What did you think we'd say "oh yeah, you're right, us Americans are real scum, I'm going to go blow my head off now"?

Furthermore, I was one of the union men sent to "clean up" ground zero... and that cleanup and what i saw are things I DO NOT need to be reminded about because you feel important debating politics... discussing politics, religion or philosophy in any casual social setting is simply rude...

I'm done ranting, and I need a drink now, thanks for your tactlessness and insensitivity, these things weren't on my mind before, and now this is already the second time you've reminded me
{FotS} Ælæressai, Forsaken Avatar Of Ckær'evlon
14 Fighter/7 Weapon Master (Rapier)/1 Rogue [LA Outcast]

:[FotS]: Ælæressai, Forsaken Avatar Of Ckær'evlon
8 Rogue/1 Fighter/1 Shadowdancer [MA]

Return to “Meta-Forum”