Guild Rosters etc.

Talk about the boards, on the boards.
JesterOI
Resident Spam King

Guild Rosters etc.

Post by JesterOI »

I've been reading through some of the guild forums and they be getting filled up with a lot of threads for Rosters and such that are full of nothing but "bump"'s and "updated"'s

Any thought as to adding a line somewhere on the main forum page in each guild's section that acts as a link to a website they create for themselves to hold valuable info such as rosters, mule lists, guild rules, guild info, etc. :?:
LVL 69 LFGS!!!
The Hasselhoff 4 3v3r!!! Metis n3v3r!!!

Metis
Dungeon Master

Post by Metis »

If they have 20 "bumps" when they post the 21st they can delete the others and the topic still goes to the top but, guilds moderate their own forums so its up to them.
"Wheresoever you go,
go with all your heart." - Confucius

JesterOI
Resident Spam King

Post by JesterOI »

That's fine, I was suggesting so that it would be a little more streamlined.

Making it easier for people is usually the best encouragement for them to get it done :)
It would also make it easier for n00bz to find their way to the guild's website, instead of having to go trawling through the guild's forum.

That's why NS has so many players, because it's easy to get playing on it, no need for downloading an extra hak or mod or anything.

If you make it easy... they will come!
LVL 69 LFGS!!!
The Hasselhoff 4 3v3r!!! Metis n3v3r!!!

TGPO
Dungeon Master

Post by TGPO »

We have been discussing and doing a little work on a new forums design. Where we will incorporate NS 3.5 NS 4 and the upcoming NS 5 into one forums. When we deploy it there will also be a database wipe which means new accounts for everyone.

I'm not even going to put a "soon" on this as we are also discussing making some changes to the backend of things. The new website probably wont be deployed until NS5 moves into beta and as of now we have no timetable for getting anything in front of the players with the Neversummer name on it for NWN2.
*Computers are alot like air-conditioners. They work great until you open windows*

kingfatzo
Addict

Post by kingfatzo »

if ur looking for guild ranking info, some of the guilds have this information on their wiki pages as well, and it might b a bit more ledigible there.
Fatzo
Resident Glutton and Hand of the Legendary Brethren
http://thelegendarybrethren.forumsplace.com/
http://brethren.mygameguild.com/main.asp

Blystos Re
PKer

Post by Blystos Re »

I've also noticed some sticky topics on some of the guild forums.
It takes care of the bumps, but at one point I thought someone said "don't do that!"

Is this still a strict no-no? :?
frogofpeace wrote:And we like to think of the FoN guildhall as cozy - perfect for cuddling up in our snuggies with a hot toddy after a long day of smiting.

cely
PKer

Post by cely »

Yeah, actual stickied topics in guild forums show up on the nsrealm.com front page which is a bad thing. Some of us have been making pseudo stickied topics by slapping STICKY in the topic subject although it does nothing to elevate the topic to the top of the guild forum. Just serves as a visual identifier that something is important.
cely
NS4 Server Admin
NS5 Developer (retired)

Return to “Meta-Forum”