Joran hinting at something?? o_O

Talk about the boards, on the boards.
Knightwing4
Looking for group

Joran hinting at something?? o_O

Post by Knightwing4 »

Hey i noticed it said that the out of control thing ENDS on the 20th, now why would they know what date it ends... hmm...

DrakhanValane
Arrogant Snob
Location: Five Minutes Before the End of Eternity (or Maryland, take your pick)

Post by DrakhanValane »

20-13=7. That's a week. In other words it's not something that should need a permanent anouncement so they picked to make it last a week. That sound good enough to you?
If you tilt your head far enough and squint hard enough, anything becomes as simple or complex as you'd like--regardless of whether it is or not. -- A lesson learned from Stephen Wolfram's A New Kind of Science

Knightwing4
Looking for group

Post by Knightwing4 »

yah but i hoped he was saying something subtle :P i guess that's it

Snerd
Noob

Post by Snerd »

I am sure they are doing their best, and it is certaingly appreciiated from this end. I just wish they would post a sticky telling alll their progress and problems.

Knightwing4
Looking for group

Post by Knightwing4 »

Snerd wrote:I am sure they are doing their best, and it is certaingly appreciiated from this end. I just wish they would post a sticky telling alll their progress and problems.
i agree word for word

Nerdlor The Destroyer
Site Admin

Post by Nerdlor The Destroyer »

Snerd wrote:I am sure they are doing their best, and it is certaingly appreciiated from this end. I just wish they would post a sticky telling alll their progress and problems.

http://www.nsrealm.com/bugs

When the number of open bugs has reached an acceptable level, NS4 open beta will begin.

Billiard
Newbie Helper

Post by Billiard »

Thanks for the link Nerdlor - it's very cool to see what is going on at least in list form!

Nameless_1
Noob

Post by Nameless_1 »

I hate to be a pain in the ***, but since Nerdlor brought it up, what is acceptable lvl?
Tyrante High Cleric of Vecna

lord_modred
Spam Master General

Post by lord_modred »

i heard from someone that the acceptable number is 50, i could be wrong though, dont take that as gosple truth.
"O cruel fate, floating through the void of space like gravity's plaything. O to be thusly boned. Ask not for whom the bone bones, it bones for thee."

help save world hunger!

Nerdlor The Destroyer
Site Admin

Post by Nerdlor The Destroyer »

I don't know what the magical number is, if such a thing even exists, but if I had to guess I'd say that they want to at the very least handle the ones labeled Major before the release since they deeply affect the game experience.

LadyCheron
Developer

Post by LadyCheron »

Nerdlor's right. If there were only 3 bugs left open, but one of them was a "change servers and die instantly" bug, it would HAVE to get fixed before we opened. I have been working on closing the open "Block", "Crash", and "Major" bugs as Joran and the rest of the Dev team fix them.

Anyone with a bugtracker account can look and see how many bugs are still open. Last time I checked (last night) there were more than 100 that were not "Feature Requests". That number is steadily DROPPING, though! :D
Berronar Truesilver, The Revered Mother
Domains: Good, Healing, Law, Protection

DrakhanValane
Arrogant Snob
Location: Five Minutes Before the End of Eternity (or Maryland, take your pick)

Post by DrakhanValane »

After a while you start to like seeing entries turn green. :)
If you tilt your head far enough and squint hard enough, anything becomes as simple or complex as you'd like--regardless of whether it is or not. -- A lesson learned from Stephen Wolfram's A New Kind of Science

Joran
Spamalot

Post by Joran »

Does nobody read the FAQ? lol

The bugs link has been there for a while, but only today did we get a massive rush of new accounts registered.

Bob
Newbie Helper

Post by Bob »

Saw the faq, but wasn't clear if it was available to everyone or only the closed beta testers.

Terminal Insanity
Newbie Helper

Post by Terminal Insanity »

shame!
so the "jorans post about the spam ending in a week may signify the ns4 release" theory has disappeared....

But check this out.
Take the date joran registered his username,and add on the ascii value of his name, multiply it by the ascii value of "n" and "s" and then devide by the square root of DD's initials' ascii value
then look in your calender for the next full moon, and start counting till you hit the number you arrived at in the previous math
that, i think, is the ns4 release date ^_^

Return to “Meta-Forum”