Yahoo[Bot]

Talk about the boards, on the boards.
Fezz
Wheres the donation box?

Yahoo[Bot]

Post by Fezz »

ok not to certain about how these forumns and stuf works but thought i would mention this periodically over last 30 minutes down the bottom where it tells you how many uses and registered uses online etc ive noticed Yahoo [Bot].

just thought id let yall know about it also unlike the other registered users you cant click on it like a link - might be nothing, but i like these forumns hehehe so there it is.
Good Day!, I Said GOOD DAY !

frogofpeace
PKer

Re: Yahoo[Bot]

Post by frogofpeace »

Saw something called Google [Bot] as well the other day.
Three years of nursery school and you think you know it all.
- Dr. Michael Hfuhruhurr

Flailer
-2 Penalty in Daylight

Post by Flailer »

Latest version of PHPBB has pre-made accounts for the search engine crawlers. Nothing to worry about...
Flailer
NS Developer

None of us is as dumb as all of us.

Bargeld
PKer

Post by Bargeld »

The simple answer is that the new version of the forums has provided support for google and yahoo bots and display their presence in that 'online users' list.

A second possibility is that an error with the user tables has popped up due to the recent forum migration, which can lead to users being displayed as the bots.
http://www.phpbb.com/community/viewtopi ... &p=3905335 discusses this but does not provide a solution.
Death Dealers ::DD::
Laufer - Gemetzel - Force - Little Fist - Egil - Torture - Hatshepsu - Nemesis - Hierophant - Supernaut - Flesh Hound - Insurrection - Antithesis - Dead of Winter - Volcanus 2000

Return to “Meta-Forum”