I. Hate. This. Game.

Place to talk about the new game. Love it or hate it, its here and its different.
P. Fricebottle
Addict

I. Hate. This. Game.

Post by P. Fricebottle »

So much.

I've yet to play the Mask of the Betrayer, although I do have it installed. However, I doubt I'll ever make it.

Bioware, yet again, fails to work out the bugs. Even in the Campaign, I ran into so many bugs that I am unable to even finish the game. Considering I got as far as to the middle of Part III, this irritates me beyond belief as I feel like I've completely wasted time on this game. Technically its a waste of time already, but having played all the way to this point only to be halted because Bioware manages to candy-coat all their games with internal errors hidden until you're already waist-deep in the mess of the game they made.

I liked the Storyline, was rather interesting. And the Construct is cool to have around, it looks rather awesome. Other than that, I can't stand this game. At all.

For starters, now I can't even transition from Crossroad Keep to anywhere. After I installed MotB, I kept getting small errors. Merely a little line saying "Bad strref" and that was it. Was hoping that wouldn't cause any problems, but apparently it did. Now everytime I try to transition, the game crashes. Also, when I tried to complete the Wendersnaven quest, Grobnar disappeared entirely. From the party, from the Basement, from the entire game. Same thing happened to Khelgar when I tried to find away around this.

This led to a lot of loading and retries. I Updated the game to the new patch, still no luck.

And that about covers one of the reasons I hate this game. Another is they've done absolutely nothing to fix the gameplay. I became aware of just how I take NS4 for granted after playing the HoD Campaign, and this becomes apparent again here in NWN2. True Seeing nullifies Spot, Listen, Move Silently, Hide, and Hide in Plain Sight. The very idea that one spell makes it just about useless to invest into 4 skills or take this one class is infuriating. I know it can be modified online, but the fact that nothing was changed about it by Bioware to begin with is ridiculous.

The bugs really make me hate it though. To get to this point, I had to continuously check a FAQ to make sure the game wasn't glitching. I don't like to feel like I'm cheating, but I've run into so many bugs in this freaking game I can't honestly tell if its part of the campaign for something to happen or its not. In the predicament I am in now, its obviously not.

I. Hate. This. Game.

mgrjebbo
PKer

Post by mgrjebbo »

that was indeed a rant and a rave... welldone m8 and sorry that it seems to have turned out bad for ya.

P. Fricebottle
Addict

Post by P. Fricebottle »

What sucks is that I had a particularly bad day today and this didn't help. Having to reload 5+ times to try and avoid a bug that permanently removes a party member was rather...annoying.

-BannyD-
Spamalot

Post by -BannyD- »

ok. not getting NWN2.....
-Slave- [GM]
Psycho Banny and all his forms

Blystos Re
PKer

Post by Blystos Re »

I remember, back before my days of geek...I forget which computer game I was playing...something cheesy, not licensed by TSR, but still DnD...but it left me puzzled...because after being attacked by a hoard of these creatures I had to go check the hardbound 2nd ed. monster manual...

Oddly enough, I found no reference to "Strrefs", good or bad, in ANY of the 2nd ed. books. I remembered thinking to myself "Hmmm, that's weird. Well, 2nd ed. is pretty old, maybe Bad Strrefs are in a newer version of the rules..."

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Nyeleni
Relic Raider

Post by Nyeleni »

Yeah, I had the problem with not being able to get out of the keep once too. However loading a former save solved it for me. Guess, I was just lucky... And I didn't loose any party member yet, but it seems like the dwarven fighter wanting to become a monk, doesn't progress anymore in his quest...
Aiya Mielikki! CELEB ALCONTARI CUYO ANANN!

For the Glory of Torm! Clericus Liberatus Anno Dominis - Gloria Triadis!

Binkyuk
Absentee Ballot Dev

Post by Binkyuk »

Aw. I forgot about stock true sight. And there I thought I'd pwn the campaign with my uber wiz/SD build.
Knew I shoulda rolled a cleric.

Nolan Silvermoon
Wheres the donation box?

Post by Nolan Silvermoon »

weird......Never once did I ever get an error or a glitch in the game. Ran smoothly all the way through. But I haven't played MotB yet. Got it loaded but just haven't played it yet. Oops, forgot. I had to buy a new video card and some more memory then it ran smoothly. :D

Xydose
Pk Bait

Well

Post by Xydose »

Not only do the game bugs annoy me BUT mind you I run WOW/BC at 46 frames which isnt the best but it isnt bad either, I find that I have more video problems with this game then any other Ive ever played. The graphics increasinly get more messy the longer I play then the game crashes my vid card ( Ati radeon 1950) also running on 2 gigs of memry on my pc as well, not sure whats wrong or what to change but the minor graphics glitches are pissing me off

VagaStorm
Developer

Post by VagaStorm »

I rember playing Ultima IX, I had the collectors edition pre ordered from the us. It was so filled with bugs they sent me a new disk 6 months later with a playable version. I still remember the trouble I had jumping from cliff to cliff to get over the mountain since sertan point on the road would just drop the game :(
Best Regards
VagaStorm

Why would I want to count 12 hours twice? I’m perfectly capable of counting to 24, and while we’re at it, can someone go shoot named time zones. GMT+x is all we need!

Amoenotep wrote:if you die to harper that just means your build sucks.

Aarkon Draco
Newbie Helper

Post by Aarkon Draco »

im in nolans group thankfuly my run through the OC was very smooth and mask so far has been the same. i do hope thoes having problems will at least give NS5 a try you know our dev staff will fix alot of bad things in the mechanics , like the true seeing, and im sure soon the patches ect will iron alot of things out much like NWN was when it was new it needs work.
Balion, Blade of Torm

Blystos Re wrote:"Join the Northern Coalition.
We have Motivational Posters."

Flailer
-2 Penalty in Daylight

Post by Flailer »

Yeah - I ran through the OC and never had any problems at all. Was the first NWN franchise OC that I actually liked too.

Haven't played through the MotB OC yet, though I've heard it's even better. I've been too busy... :wink:
Flailer
NS Developer

None of us is as dumb as all of us.

AllAmerican
Dungeon Master

Post by AllAmerican »

I ran into a bug on MOTB, and was not able to finish the Camp. Which irritated me big time. I am waiting for NS5. I will save my throwing it through the window for the multiplayer.
Erevan Ilesere-God-of-Mischief

LinuxPup wrote:Because I hate players.

P. Fricebottle
Addict

Post by P. Fricebottle »

I did reload to an earlier save, did it 5 times. But there was no save earlier than it, unfortunately. Going to try to report this bug, but I'm not expecting any help from Bioware anytime soon.

Nyeleni
Relic Raider

Post by Nyeleni »

Actually the bug is known... Didn't bother to search for a solution though. There should be one, as the problem is old and well known...
Aiya Mielikki! CELEB ALCONTARI CUYO ANANN!

For the Glory of Torm! Clericus Liberatus Anno Dominis - Gloria Triadis!

Return to “NWN2 Rants and Raves”