Favorite NS4 Mobs

Place to talk about the new game. Love it or hate it, its here and its different.
Flailer
-2 Penalty in Daylight

Favorite NS4 Mobs

Post by Flailer »

So, this is a NWN2 question, but about NS4:

What is your favorite group of NS4 creatures and why?
Flailer
NS Developer

None of us is as dumb as all of us.

Aarkon Draco
Newbie Helper

Post by Aarkon Draco »

tough question realy to me anyway my reply will be influenced by the available mobs in NWN2

i prefer the classics mainly and most are in NWN2 and now with the exspansion we get some new ones like hags shambling mounds treeants ect

altho i think it would be rather interesting to have a gensai settlement where the various gensai and other elemental mobs congrigate having various mephits elementals and similar mobs spread within. perhaps built similar to ammon jerros haven external area with the various elements combining to create a hostile area ( steam vents lava pools perhaps a tar pit ect)

the whole gnoll area will benifit from the epic gnolls ect from mask exspansion. maybe have some enslaved lesser beings working for them as shock troops ect.

the yuan ti can be replaced by a large lizardman settlement or perhaps they are a big part of the Sleeth zone being the main troops for them ect

with the gith available perhps the rifts have allowed for the formation of a city filled with gith and other creatures like mindflyers, shadows ect

hope this helps ya flesh out the new NS5

Apokriphos
Developer

Post by Apokriphos »

I like ones with unique special abilities attached, especially when their class matches their abilities, so I can more easily suspend disbelief and consider them just like other hostile players. I also like to read the descriptions when fighting, especially those that address the npc personally, like boss descriptions.

First on my list would be Alzaara for her amazing charisma. Despite being a Fire Giant, she must not feel disadvantaged at all, all the men entering her lair want to bow down in worship every time they see her. :wink:

I like the Flame Gargoyles of the fire plane, with their cold aura and background. I also like the kobolds in the Garagoth Mountains, especially when they speak in their subhuman languages before attacking (suspension of disbelief could consider them players).

There are many more on my list, but those are my favorites.

Amoenotep
Lord DM Supreme

Post by Amoenotep »

okies were the best mobs to kill...awesome flexibility, great AI scripting...its as if they were real ppl....
Mask, Lord of the Shadows
Gruumsh, One-Eye
amoenotep@hotmail.com
----------------------------------

Nolan Silvermoon
Wheres the donation box?

Post by Nolan Silvermoon »

Amoenotep wrote:okies were the best mobs to kill...awesome flexibility, great AI scripting...its as if they were real ppl....

rofl :lol: :lol: :lol:

minielvis
Looking for group

Post by minielvis »

Dwarven anchor mobs .

P. Fricebottle
Addict

Post by P. Fricebottle »

Favorite Low Levels: Goblins, such a large variety all the way from Nose Pickers to Heroes.

Favorite Mid Levels: Efreet, challenging yet rewarding

Favorite Planar: Halls of Dead (Clerical Paradise)

Favorite over all would be Halls of Dead. Wide variety of mobs, including two bosses - both hard but possible to beat. Also, the outer areas are very nicely designed.

Lorkar1

Post by Lorkar1 »

Ogres, giants, orcs and gobbos. Although I would like to be able to kill more halflings. :twisted:

Flailer
-2 Penalty in Daylight

Post by Flailer »

Remember - I'm also curious about why. Your favorite mobs - what makes them your favorite?
Flailer
NS Developer

None of us is as dumb as all of us.

Ajantis.
Spamalot

Post by Ajantis. »

Undead, because i'm a cleric and/or paladin at heart :wink:

Those moleman...because its so I always get a chuckle when they die.

Aarkon Draco wrote:mtn trail mainly because ogres trolls and giants are classic monsters of D&D just dont feel right not to have them in.

I would agree with that as well.
Temet Nosce

We follow the righteous path, the path of Helm.

Alkapwn
PKer

Post by Alkapwn »

Mezzoliths - Varied range of abilities - interesting map - nice varied mobs - challenging to solo - unique drops - actually kinda of intimidating for low level - out of the way of normal leveling areas -
::DD:: Minister of Hatemongering and Enemy Carpaccio
:MADD: Resident SlackMaster and KittenPuncher

Tsavong
Spamalot

Post by Tsavong »

ah the good old mezzoliths ive had fun with them many a time when im low lvl i would recommend them, fried on toast with mushroom
Melkor of Mellifeur {GODS}, Banshee {GODS}, Warlock {GODS}
MrAsimov wrote:...one thing has become fairly obvious to me: NC is already full of a bunch of rogues.

Nyeleni
Relic Raider

Post by Nyeleni »

Yeah I like the Mezzoloth mobs too. Varied and challenging.
Aiya Mielikki! CELEB ALCONTARI CUYO ANANN!

For the Glory of Torm! Clericus Liberatus Anno Dominis - Gloria Triadis!

Nolan Silvermoon
Wheres the donation box?

Post by Nolan Silvermoon »

I don't know, If I had to pick one group, I'd have to say Amazons :D

Go'f

Post by Go'f »

Dragons Rock; they all have there special strengths and weaknesses, it is a pity that the rewards for killing them often do not match the challange.

On the mountain I love ice walkers, they are so different from all the other monsters in the area that they get treated with extra care.

I used to like wolves back when there was no limit on getting into Frostdale, I understand why its there but it was a buz trying to get a monk to debark them so your fighter could tank them... I guess I like monsters that come with surprises and require tactical assaults. now i would have to say in the revised FD ice trolls are the coolest monster in the zone.

Planar, i would have to say handmaidens of alzaara (and the godess herself) are the coolest, I have died to them more times than to any other planar creature and i still come back to try my sword against them.

I think the perfect monster 'could' be done by almost anyone but not everyone will do well against them.

Return to “NWN2 Rants and Raves”