Favorite NS4 Areas

Place to talk about the new game. Love it or hate it, its here and its different.
Flailer
-2 Penalty in Daylight

Favorite NS4 Areas

Post by Flailer »

So, this is a NWN2 question, but about NS4:

What is your favorite NS4 area (or group of areas) and why?
Flailer
NS Developer

None of us is as dumb as all of us.

Aarkon Draco
Newbie Helper

Post by Aarkon Draco »

ok heres a fiew for ya im not including planar areas because of the cap and we need lowbie areas first ;)

mtn trail mainly because ogres trolls and giants are classic monsters of D&D just dont feel right not to have them in.

south road tower and tomb of morsatai both classic dungeon crawl areas great for the more divine inspierd toons.

Druegar city, sunken isle and Evenshire i like these because they are citys not in the factions and it makes the world seem more realistic as not every settlement should be part of the factions.

old town a ghost town is always nice tho i think it could use a bit more in it seemed a bit small and too condensed perhaps some outer ruins ect off in the nooks and crannys to give it a feel of a decent size city that fell to the undead.

i would include the underdark but it didnt seem too cohesive with some polishing and maybe a fiew rogue ( as in non faction ) settlements would spruice it up.

haddon mirk would look realy good with NWN2 swamp areas ect make it a true swamp not a plane with manny rivers ect.

thoes are the most notable IMO

Apokriphos
Developer

Post by Apokriphos »

Best non-planar areas: Any secret areas, ones that require knowledge or faction membership to access, making the mod seem larger then it is because not everyone can go everywhere. The hidden bushes to Sanctum Arcanum, Crevasse between NC and TC, etc.

Areas that seem to have stories behind them, like Duskhaven, especially if they have npcs but aren't particularly faction aligned.

Best planar area: Water plane, all of it, no contest. The scenes here are beautiful.

P. Fricebottle
Addict

Post by P. Fricebottle »

Evenshire.

minielvis
Looking for group

Post by minielvis »

underdark

Blystos Re
PKer

Post by Blystos Re »

Giant Mountain, Sunken Isle, Haddon Mirk, Gnolls... All great and would look great with NWN2.

Some areas I think could improve with NWN2 are Amazons and Avendell. Toolset should give you some great ways to flesh those out.

I heard of a great idea for an area called the Sanctuary of Light...hmmm, can't remember who's idea that was... :wink:

LinuxPup
Professor Nerfalicious

Post by LinuxPup »

Plane of Shadows, Underdark, and Plane of Water.
Lead NS4 developer

[ Brilhasti ap Tarj ]
[ ...Darkfalz... ]
[ Azchekelon ]

Lorkar1

Post by Lorkar1 »

The NS 3.5 underdark just looks wicked and the pirate version of falme. On NS4 Frostdale but expanded, giant mountain. Also the 3.5 Darken Rahl area.

Ajantis.
Spamalot

Post by Ajantis. »

So many quality areas, hard to pick favorites, but the HoD area is always fun for me. I also like the Positive Plane. However, in general, I've always like the generic areas such as woodland areas where one can just explore. That was one of the things I liked the most about the original Baldur's Gate was the many "generic" areas one could find an odd aggressive npc to fight, or a hidden cave, if you spend the time to explore the entire map thoroughly. I found that similarity here at Aetheria.
Temet Nosce

We follow the righteous path, the path of Helm.

Nolan Silvermoon
Wheres the donation box?

Post by Nolan Silvermoon »

I'd have to say Garagoth Isthmus, it was very will done

Nyeleni
Relic Raider

Post by Nyeleni »

Redhorn pass. It took me some time to figure out what was wrong with that place. That makes it very special :).
Aiya Mielikki! CELEB ALCONTARI CUYO ANANN!

For the Glory of Torm! Clericus Liberatus Anno Dominis - Gloria Triadis!

frogofpeace
PKer

Post by frogofpeace »

The areas with NPCS at the end, with unique gear - Morsetai, Vampire tomb, gnolls, sunken. They are almost like a quest when you're looking for specific items for specific toons (e.g. I almost always take tanks into gnolls for the armor and shield). Zons is like this as well, plus just a bunch of great levelling maps that you can solo or do with a team (planar areas have made the zon and sunken gear a little less desirable, though, I've found).

It's nice if you can go through and pick up a level at the end as well - again, with gnolls, you can start the pits at anywhere from 15-20, and expect to ding or come close by the end of the map. Minos in a favorite area for me for this as well, although I almost always crash and burn at the end vs. the boss :P (CR 25, and I usually start the mino areas around 8-10, if I recall correctly).
Three years of nursery school and you think you know it all.
- Dr. Michael Hfuhruhurr

Celorn
Relic Raider

Post by Celorn »

my favorite areas (yeah, i've been playing ns for a long time now...):

-Ordean clan caves: (NS4) nice challenge, with progressive mobs from haddon down to Kronk

-Air plane (NS4) (as aggrivating as it is pretty - so much more interesting than ns3.5's air plane) and the boss room can be a nice challenge

-HoD! (ns3&4). - amazing mapwork! great, varried mobs, progressively harder ending with my favorite boss! Overall I prefer the ns4 version, quite a bit harder (considering you can solo draco and the keeper on ns3).

-'Dorfs' (ns3): the ultimate was to build a toon that could solo it with what was available at the time - I once hit 40 in it. Tagnus has multiple hellballs :D!!!1!1

-Sunken Isle: (ns3&4)fun in ns3 and 4.. the lower lvl the better, lower level is harder and has fun bosses - though I'd love to see this become a REAL underwater city in ns5!

-Lost Paradise (run): (ns3) - starting off with easy dragons, some interesting quest prizes, and a challenging run to reach paradise, and of course after defeating both Chaos and Brute .. the pinnacle of it all -- G1!

-Demon Web Pits: (ns3.5) - very difficult but possible with the right party, INSANE dual-boss room at the end!

-EC (run): (ns3.5) - a rollercoaster ride with a boss on every other map that you MUST defeat to continue on. So much fun to help noobs get to the Enchanted City.

-Fokel Midnight: (ns3.5) - the drow as powerful as they should be! Complete with the mighty chicken (Poxx) in a dark, near insanity-causing teleport labaryinth!

there are other (newer) zones on ns3.5 that are fun, but i think they've lost the meaning of what NS is all about (starfall?!)
ImageImage

DeputyDog
Addict

Post by DeputyDog »

This thread brings a tear to my eye.

Favorite ones:

Evenshire has so much potential.
Haddon Mirk
Sunken Isle
Angmar Desert areas. I love the music.
Black Hills becuase I still get lost there.

Isle of Dreams. Mad Gnome inventor with constructs.

Sanctum Arcanum. Never really finished but I love the random bush:)

Halls of the Dead. One of my favorites. Draco is still my ultimate creation followed by Shivla the Mother(Monk Dragon) and That Shadow Dancer dragon in ns3.5

SL is still my favorite faction of course. The underdark just has limitless potential. That and Im a R.A. Salvatore nut since I was 13 and he wrote Crystal Shard.

I like giant mountain, but I think Ancient road had more potential.
DeputyDog
Founder
Neversummer
gmcever @ gmail.com

https://www.facebook.com/neversummer4

AllAmerican
Dungeon Master

Post by AllAmerican »

I spent most of my time in the Ancient Road: Wyrmwood as a leveling player when I first started. I loved the gargoyles.

I love the water plane as well, I think it is the best of em all.
Erevan Ilesere-God-of-Mischief

LinuxPup wrote:Because I hate players.

Return to “NWN2 Rants and Raves”