Favorite NS4 Areas

Place to talk about the new game. Love it or hate it, its here and its different.
P. Fricebottle
Addict

Post by P. Fricebottle »

DeputyDog wrote:Favorite ones:

Evenshire has so much potential.

P. Fricebottle wrote:Evenshire.

Please use Evenshire...

Celorn
Relic Raider

Post by Celorn »

P. Fricebottle wrote:
DeputyDog wrote:Favorite ones:

Evenshire has so much potential.

P. Fricebottle wrote:Evenshire.

Please use Evenshire...

YEAH! make evenshire a separate faction and make it LA's ally :D
ImageImage

Celorn
Relic Raider

Post by Celorn »

DeputyDog wrote:Black Hills becuase I still get lost there.
LoL (noob!)

DeputyDog wrote:Isle of Dreams. Mad Gnome inventor with constructs.
OMG!!11!! I totally forgot about that place! I used to level there, 3 maps worth of progressively harder constucts, wonder why it never made it into NS4?

DeputyDog wrote:Sanctum Arcanum. Never really finished but I love the random bush:)
The place is cool, but not entirely sure what the story is... are they all dead? Just to explain why NC has bards? the unique gear is interesting, but why can i never get that darn red rapier that one boss has?

DeputyDog wrote:SL is still my favorite faction of course. The underdark just has limitless potential.
I do like SL as well, but was a bit dissapointed that NS4 didn't update it using the DROW tilesets ;/... and the underdark could be FANTASTIC if it was fleshed out with deeper and harder zones, ending with an entrance to demon web pits! *hint hint*

DeputyDog wrote:like giant mountain, but I think Ancient road had more potential.
I kind of like the *new and improved* Giant mountain (& undermountain) on NS3.5... really fleshes out the whole thing a bit better and you don't have such a long walk home (although DE kind of fixes that a bit).
ImageImage

Imhotep_80
Noob

Post by Imhotep_80 »

Coastal road.
I always liked the idea of bandits and pirates

mgrjebbo
PKer

Post by mgrjebbo »

the old ice giant setup has to be it for me,

you never new who you were going to run into with all the intersections and multiple parties running about, the new setup limits pvp since you cant really have more than one party clearing it at a time. i loved the fact that you had frozen skelies,trolls, and giants in the same area it just seemed to huge.

DeputyDog
Addict

Post by DeputyDog »

I like the coastal road myself. Bandits and humanoid monsters allow for such much flexibility on class, appearance and good groups.

Isle of dreams never made it in becuase .. well I dunno. . I still wish we could do it, but we started on the planes instead.

Sanctum arcanum was supposed to be Jorans brainchild, but was never fleshed out. It is the center of knowledge in the realm and was going to be a spot for bardic quests and jobs etc. Similiar to the monastary was going to be for monk quests. There is so much that was planned out that never came to fruition.
DeputyDog
Founder
Neversummer
gmcever @ gmail.com

https://www.facebook.com/neversummer4

Nolan Silvermoon
Wheres the donation box?

Post by Nolan Silvermoon »

DeputyDog wrote:Sanctum arcanum was supposed to be Jorans brainchild, but was never fleshed out. It is the center of knowledge in the realm and was going to be a spot for bardic quests and jobs etc. Similiar to the monastary was going to be for monk quests. There is so much that was planned out that never came to fruition.

I love the "odd looking bush" entrance. Very nice. If you don't know what your looking for, you'll cruise right on through the screen. :D

DeputyDog
Addict

Post by DeputyDog »

Yea the bush was my idea. I think I was influence from The Three Amigos movie and the singing bush. Its a random spawn item. We should have more of those:)
DeputyDog
Founder
Neversummer
gmcever @ gmail.com

https://www.facebook.com/neversummer4

Mythri Wolfwood
Wheres the donation box?

Post by Mythri Wolfwood »

The atmosphere and music of the Water Plane, especially the starting area is top notch. Makes you want to sit back and enjoy the scenery...

Nyeleni
Relic Raider

Post by Nyeleni »

That is true, and the very different spawns make it a hell of a challenge. Besides with all the climbing and dropping from ropes you can easily loose the orientation.
Aiya Mielikki! CELEB ALCONTARI CUYO ANANN!

For the Glory of Torm! Clericus Liberatus Anno Dominis - Gloria Triadis!

Nolan Silvermoon
Wheres the donation box?

Post by Nolan Silvermoon »

Nyeleni wrote: hell of a challenge. Besides with all the climbing and dropping from ropes you can easily loose the orientation.

lol....been there, done that :lol:

Return to “NWN2 Rants and Raves”