NS5 comming "soon" ?

Place to talk about the new game. Love it or hate it, its here and its different.
Aarkon Draco
Newbie Helper

NS5 comming "soon" ?

Post by Aarkon Draco »

the boards have been rather quiet on updates ect on NS5 i realize we are waiting on the exspansion however some info on progress ect would be comforting.

Flailer
-2 Penalty in Daylight

Post by Flailer »

Just a brief status update then.

Work is progressing - we've added a couple more folks to the team recently, some scripting types, and are getting them up to speed.

We have the areas about finished that will comprise the first 1-6 levels of the mod and have the basic lines of gear for those level ranges done as well. We're currently working on the next set of areas and redoing some of our scripting systems to support the enhancements we want to bring to NS5.

I won't kid you - it's a long process. NWN2 area development is an order of magnitude more time consuming than NWN1. You can achieve some pretty spectacular results, but it takes time. And, many of the team members seem to have gotten much busier - new jobs, new family additions, more responsibility, etc. Maybe it's just that a lot of us are older this time around... :wink:

So, unfortunately, I can't give you a 'go live' date, as much as I'd like to. We have some plans and ideas to give people a taste and some things to play with even in the waiting period. As we make more progress on those, we'll give more details.

In the meantime, as usual, if you're interested in the developement process, we can always use people with talent (or, if you don't have talent, but have a lot of time, that might be the equivalent... :wink: )
The more help we get, the sooner things can go from 'soon' to 'now'.

Spots that we could still use folks in are:
- Area design (happy to provide instruction, tutorials, etc)
- Scripting work
- Database work
- Quest implementation/NPC dialog
- phpBB forum/wiki implementation experts (we'd love to redo our forums/wiki and migrate over old content)

If you're interested and able in any of these, shoot me a PM.

Thanks for the inquiry. Hang in there and hope to have something for you guys to enjoy....soon. Gah - there's no other word for it. :D
Flailer
NS Developer

None of us is as dumb as all of us.

Iteries
Noob

Post by Iteries »

Your doing just great. Building is the hardest part of any game for all the players to enjoy.

Just a reminder to everyone out there.. THERE is life beyond the screen and keyboards. :P

Patience folks.. they are working on it :D

Now just reading.. making want to get nwn2 :lol:

:twisted: Just give NS5 a challenging time
Fun Fun Fun

Aarkon Draco
Newbie Helper

Post by Aarkon Draco »

thanks for the reply i know we all appreciate all the team is doing for us to have fun.

-BannyD-
Spamalot

Post by -BannyD- »

id like to do area design :D but i need the game first i guess....just in a little pickle
-Slave- [GM]
Psycho Banny and all his forms

Flailer
-2 Penalty in Daylight

Post by Flailer »

-BannyD- wrote:id like to do area design :D but i need the game first i guess....just in a little pickle

Yes, unless you're extremely talented at binary, owning the toolset is a bit of a prerequiste...
Flailer
NS Developer

JimmyB27
Noob

Post by JimmyB27 »

I'd love to help. Unfortunately, I use a Mac, and they haven't released the game for Mac yet, and even when they do I expect they'll follow form from NWN1 and not provide us with the toolset :(

Flailer
-2 Penalty in Daylight

Post by Flailer »

Yeah - supposed to be available in Dec 07. Not sure if they'll include the toolset - hopefully.

http://www.aspyr.com/software/news/84/163
Flailer
NS Developer

lord_modred
Spam Master General

Post by lord_modred »

as far as programming is concerned i'd be no help... but at the risk of sounding hubristic, i'm a fairly good creative writer. i actually wrote my own Dnd universe complete with unique pantheon, a full history, and mythology. I'm sure DD and the rest of you lot have a fairly good idea for the story line but if you'd like any help there i'd be happy to throw in some ideas.
"O cruel fate, floating through the void of space like gravity's plaything. O to be thusly boned. Ask not for whom the bone bones, it bones for thee."

help save world hunger!

MasterYoda
PKer

Post by MasterYoda »

I would be more than happy to be the first person you ban !

:)
TGPO wrote:Man, dont u hate it when yoda is right

Amoenotep wrote:yeah....he's a little right :(

JimmyB27
Noob

Post by JimmyB27 »

Flailer wrote:Yeah - supposed to be available in Dec 07. Not sure if they'll include the toolset - hopefully.

http://www.aspyr.com/software/news/84/163

Ain't gonna be holding my breath on the toolset.

Rhapsody_
Noob

Post by Rhapsody_ »

I remember the unique and creative elements of NS3/4, it was magic! :D I just hope to you guys are going to be back with something equivalent so I'll maybe take the risk to buy this game :lol:

Killing again and again the Slaves Guild 8)

Old character: DEEKIN!!! From the old guild of halflings :D

DeputyDog
Addict

Post by DeputyDog »

Well the story is better I can say that. Mainly becuase we had alot more people give input this time. I would have to guess we may let people start testing within a year:)
DeputyDog
Founder
Neversummer
gmcever @ gmail.com

https://www.facebook.com/neversummer4

-BannyD-
Spamalot

Post by -BannyD- »

Rhapsody_ wrote:I remember the unique and creative elements of NS3/4, it was magic! :D I just hope to you guys are going to be back with something equivalent so I'll maybe take the risk to buy this game :lol:

Killing again and again the Slaves Guild 8)

Old character: DEEKIN!!! From the old guild of halflings :D

holy crap, Rhapsody....totally dont remember your character but the account is very familiar.

Slave Elessar here, i think you have your quote wrong...more like...getting killed by slaves over and over ;).

and darn a year before ns5 is available to test? i dont think ill be around then, probably be immersed in other games
-Slave- [GM]
Psycho Banny and all his forms

Nolan Silvermoon
Wheres the donation box?

Post by Nolan Silvermoon »

-BannyD- wrote: darn a year before ns5 is available to test? i dont think ill be around then, probably be immersed in other games

Patience.....just think of all the builds you can come up with. With a whole year to think about it. :D

Return to “NWN2 Rants and Raves”