To those playing NWNII...

Place to talk about the new game. Love it or hate it, its here and its different.
Blystos Re
PKer

To those playing NWNII...

Post by Blystos Re »

1). What would you recommend for hardware specs. The Atari site is great for the "minimum requirements" but I'm in IT and see right through that dirty lie. What do I need to run it?

2). That said, what's a good, mid-ranged video card that you would recommend? I'll say up front: I am not a hard-core gamer, nor do I have money to burn, so I really don't mind turning the graphics down if it will run smoothly. Oh, how about AGP compatability for a requirement? Hehehe...my "new" box will be a beast compared to what I've got, but is still going to be a dinosaur compared to what a lot of you are running, I am sure.

3). When does NS5 enter beta? :D
frogofpeace wrote:And we like to think of the FoN guildhall as cozy - perfect for cuddling up in our snuggies with a hot toddy after a long day of smiting.

de_slider
Looking for group

Post by de_slider »

Or you can do what I do. Ignore NWN2 and keep on playing NS4 I'm doubtful that the glory of NS4 will be matched.
de_slider & her cross-eyed emu
-------------
-Slave-D'Stinger
-Slave- D'BeeBop a LuLu

Aarkon Draco
Newbie Helper

Post by Aarkon Draco »

im runnin it good on AMD anthalon 5000+ x2 with geforce 7800 GT 256 mb vid ram and 1 gig PC ram

as far as what brands ive never had a problem with GeForce products so i stick with them i cant say about other brands but im shure any mainstream card with decent specs should work ( ATI ect )

i have it on standard graphics and it runs great if you like super glitz then id go with 512 or higher vid ram card and 2 gig PC ram ( thing i plan on upgrading anyway) hope that helps Re.

Blystos Re
PKer

Post by Blystos Re »

de_slider wrote:Or you can do what I do. Ignore NWN2 and keep on playing NS4 I'm doubtful that the glory of NS4 will be matched.

Oh, don't take this as me leaving NS4.

It's hard to imagine anything grander than where I call home at the moment, but I'm also excited to see what our talented team of devs can do without the freedom that NWNII will provide.

People will always play NWN, just like Diablo II and Starcraft, I actually want to build my kids a PW with it because they like it (and I can turn the violence level to OFF :D ).

I'm just looking ahead, that's all.

**edit** and thanks, Aarkon.
frogofpeace wrote:And we like to think of the FoN guildhall as cozy - perfect for cuddling up in our snuggies with a hot toddy after a long day of smiting.

DM Vapor
Wheres the donation box?

Post by DM Vapor »

I use the 7600 GT... it works very nice is you can't grab the 7800, or 7950... I've been told the 7950 is a hell of a card, but quite expensive.
Zing wrote:Next person who says ... gets a wedgie of underpant elastic breaking proportions.

Umberlee

Amoenotep
Lord DM Supreme

Post by Amoenotep »

i run an AMD 5200+ dual core cpu, 2gigs ocz ram, nvidia 8800gts 640mb vid card on 64bit windows vista....i run it very sweet like. everything maxed out and i can play NWN and NWN2 at the same time with no vid or pc lag ;)
Mask, Lord of the Shadows
Gruumsh, One-Eye
amoenotep@hotmail.com
----------------------------------

Lokey
-2 Penalty in Daylight

Post by Lokey »

I ran it with most eye candy on a 3500+ AMD dual core, 2 gigs of slow system ram and a 7800GT 256MB. Running it now on a 5000+ AMD dual, 2 gigs decent ram and a 7950GT 256MB, and it's a decent time to get into DDR2 system ram since that's cheap now (I got my 2 gigs for $135).

I don't know that a 512MB vid card will help that much, but should for newer games. Per pixel lighting, shadows and some other stuff is cpu and gpu dependent, so you can't pair a Pent II with an 8800GTX and expect awesomeness either.
Tep wrote:I login and there's a dwarf to kill. You can't ask for much more than that.

Alkapwn wrote:NC has the most amazing melee build there is. Its a friggin unstopable juggernaut of pain.

JesterOI
Resident Spam King

Post by JesterOI »

I started playing it on a AthlonXP 2500+ (barton core), XFX GF 6800, 1GB ram.
I could play at nearly max detail, and a decent res (1024x768 or 1280x960)

I noticed a massive difference in FPS when going from 1GB to 2GB.
The FPS was smooth, but "choppy". Was easy to tell it was because the system was having to read from HD. I noticed this most easily at the part where the evacuation was happening and tons of people were on screen.

2GB system memory is definitely a a huge must.

=====================================

Just bought me a new system:
AMD X2 AM2 6000+
EVGA GF 8800GTS Superclocked
2GB Kingston HyperX RAM 3-3-3-10
ASUS M2N32-SLI Deluxe (w/ wireless) nForce 590 SLI chipset
2X 500GB Seagate SATA2 HD's NCQ 16MBcache (going into a striping config)

Unfortunately the ram and optical drive were placed on back order, so it's not up and running yet :(
Might have to get a bigger PSU as well... Bought an Antec Sonata III case that came with an Earthwatts 500watt PSU, hope it will be enough.
That being said I should probably actually look into the wattage of all my gear to be sure.

Think I gonna sell the vid card right away though and get a 8800GTX instead.
Playing Juarez in DX10 will be a bit smoother then.
LVL 69 LFGS!!!
The Hasselhoff 4 3v3r!!! Metis n3v3r!!!

Return to “NWN2 Rants and Raves”