NS5 - level cap? 4.0 rules?

Place to talk about the new game. Love it or hate it, its here and its different.
Celorn
Relic Raider

NS5 - level cap? 4.0 rules?

Post by Celorn »

[url]http://ars.userfriendly.o[url]rg/cartoons/?id=20070824[/url]
ImageImage

Iteries
Noob

cracks me up

Post by Iteries »

LMAO!! that is a good comic strip. I have heard the next series for DnD is suppose to be more computer friendly. Whatever they mean by that.
Fun Fun Fun

Aarkon Draco
Newbie Helper

Post by Aarkon Draco »

i miss when D&D was more about your immagination rather than rules and suppliments and updates

JesterOI
Resident Spam King

Post by JesterOI »

I played PNP using AD&D 2nd Ed. It was fun.
The class handbooks for that edition were nice.
They provided a few extra rules or items, etc.
But, what I noticed they did mostly was added material to give you more ideas for gameplay.
LVL 69 LFGS!!!
The Hasselhoff 4 3v3r!!! Metis n3v3r!!!

frogofpeace
PKer

Post by frogofpeace »

yeah me too - actually started with 1st edition (I guess it was just called D&D Basic, I think)

Aarkon Draco
Newbie Helper

Post by Aarkon Draco »

woot for the origional box set the one with the badly drawn dragon on his hoard i still have it somewhere around here along with most of the first modules a1 - x3

Iteries
Noob

that all?

Post by Iteries »

I have most of our books, box sets & magz from 1st to 2nd edition with Player Options. I like the 2nd edition Player Options the best. It was the idea set up for 3rd anyhow.

Yet, I happen to agree about how its all now rules, rules and mods. I know people that have no creative to create their own worlds. This place being the acception.

Remember the 1st saying that still good even today!

These are just guide lines for creation.

That is just the gut of it.
Fun Fun Fun

Blystos Re
PKer

Post by Blystos Re »

Aarkon Draco wrote:woot for the origional box set the one with the badly drawn dragon on his hoard i still have it somewhere around here along with most of the first modules a1 - x3

:shock:

Holy....that's what that is?

*quickly begins rifling through old boxes*

Lokey
-2 Penalty in Daylight

Post by Lokey »

We're going straight to DnD 5.5 ;)

3.5/3.0 hybrid I think. There's some decent changes in 3.5, there's stuff that doesn't translate well, etc... I think we have to wait for patch 1.07 or 1.08 to even think about going live anyway, ActivatePortal() doesn't work yet (server hop script function).

There will be haks, the Robison workshop tilesets are too good not to use for example: http://nwvault.ign.com/View.php?view=NW ... ail&id=134 and http://nwvault.ign.com/View.php?view=NW ... ail&id=172 Suggestions for content we should look at are welcome (the Rogue Dao modules should have decent new creatures and placeables for example).

We'll do some custom rules work, I think spell lists, skills and feats are going to get a thorough working over. It's on the horizon, we have ideas about where to go with it and how to do it. We do know we went live on NS4 way too soon, so we'll at least put a big alpha/beta warning on the module when we're ready for a larger testing group.

It slouches along...
Tep wrote:I login and there's a dwarf to kill. You can't ask for much more than that.

Alkapwn wrote:NC has the most amazing melee build there is. Its a friggin unstopable juggernaut of pain.

MasterYoda
PKer

Post by MasterYoda »

gah ..... let me know before the 15thof the month so i dont have to pay my wow subscription :P
TGPO wrote:Man, dont u hate it when yoda is right

Amoenotep wrote:yeah....he's a little right :(

mgrjebbo
PKer

Post by mgrjebbo »

..... stop paying it and come back to ns4, WOOT!

Return to “NWN2 Rants and Raves”