NWN2 Map Contest

Place to talk about the new game. Love it or hate it, its here and its different.
Flailer
-2 Penalty in Daylight

NWN2 Map Contest

Post by Flailer »

Have an artistic bent? Have a flair for the outdoors? Want to have your area appear in the next version of Neversummer?

Well here's your chance! Using the NWN2 toolset, design an exterior area with the dimensions of 8x4 and submit it by April 27th, 2007. Entries will be judged on their technical merit (texturing, terrain shaping, placeable usage, etc), creativity, and playability.

The area submitted should have one entrance and one exit spot designated and should be intended for either solo or party encounters. Areas submitted should be general in nature (a mountain pass, a forest, a swamp, high meadow, etc) rather than specific (ie - no 'this is my interpretation of Neversummer City' or 'Castle Chuck Norris'). Since the map is small, as much of the main walkable area should be as useable as possible while striking a balance with keeping it interesting.

Winners of the contest will receive one item of their choice, a trip to the DM reward area, adoration of the masses, and their area being used in the next incarnation of Neversummer. And who knows, perhaps courtship from the NS dev staff. :wink:

To submit your area, export it to an ERF file along with 2-3 images (or links to images) of your area. PM me (Flailer) and I'll give you further instructions on getting it to me.

God knows you guys play this game enough - surely you've picked up on some map design over the years. Lets see what you can do!
Flailer
NS Developer

None of us is as dumb as all of us.

MasterYoda
PKer

Post by MasterYoda »

i havent used the nwn 2 toolset yet ...... is it more difficult than the nwn 1 one? cause im ok with that one
TGPO wrote:Man, dont u hate it when yoda is right

Amoenotep wrote:yeah....he's a little right :(

Flailer
-2 Penalty in Daylight

Post by Flailer »

It's kind of the difference between painting vs. making something out of Legos...
Flailer
NS Developer

Aarkon Draco
Newbie Helper

Post by Aarkon Draco »

capitol idea i realy think this will be interesting and will begin desiging a zone ASAP

Lokey
-2 Penalty in Daylight

Post by Lokey »

Help! My Bag of Holding exploded ;)

Tep wrote:I login and there's a dwarf to kill. You can't ask for much more than that.

Alkapwn wrote:NC has the most amazing melee build there is. Its a friggin unstopable juggernaut of pain.

Flailer
-2 Penalty in Daylight

Post by Flailer »

With about 1 week left in the contest, how are the entries coming? How many participants are we looking at?
Flailer
NS Developer

Flailer
-2 Penalty in Daylight

Post by Flailer »

No one?

Y'all are a bunch of slackers...
Flailer
NS Developer

VagaStorm
Developer

Post by VagaStorm »

Dos any one know of a good tutorial or startup guide?
Best Regards
VagaStorm

Why would I want to count 12 hours twice? I’m perfectly capable of counting to 24, and while we’re at it, can someone go shoot named time zones. GMT+x is all we need!

Amoenotep wrote:if you die to harper that just means your build sucks.

P. Fricebottle
Addict

Post by P. Fricebottle »

Deadline was supposed to be the 18th Vaga Storm...

Lokey
-2 Penalty in Daylight

Post by Lokey »

VagaStorm wrote:Does any one know of a good tutorial or startup guide?

- Start with hitting the help button. Wow some documentation!
- Builder's guide on NWvault. I forget by whom...there's a short one, then there's a hundred page pdf, grab both.
- Stickies at http://www.dladventures.com/forum/vB/fo ... y.php?f=87

Unfortunately there's still some traps you can fall into, without a lot of digging through forums, hanging with Flailer, etc... Ask us on IRC or go to irc.neverwinterconnections.com channel #NWN2CR and ask the regulars there.
Tep wrote:I login and there's a dwarf to kill. You can't ask for much more than that.

Alkapwn wrote:NC has the most amazing melee build there is. Its a friggin unstopable juggernaut of pain.

Flailer
-2 Penalty in Daylight

Post by Flailer »

P. Fricebottle wrote:Deadline was supposed to be the 18th Vaga Storm...

No, actually the deadline is this coming Friday the 27th. You've still got time!
Flailer
NS Developer

Flailer
-2 Penalty in Daylight

Post by Flailer »

And, here's a link to more tutorials than you'd probably have time to look at in a week:

http://nwn2forums.bioware.com/forums/vi ... &forum=113
Flailer
NS Developer

Nyeleni
Relic Raider

Post by Nyeleni »

Ah, yes, already used those, but thank you for the information. You can't have too much wisdom ;).

Btw. did somebody else have a similar problem? After playing with the Editor I wanted to test the area. But after one test, NWN2 isn't loading anymore. I guess my only option is to reinstall the whole "monster" unless somebody knows a good alternative.

Good luck to all contestants.
Aiya Mielikki! CELEB ALCONTARI CUYO ANANN!

For the Glory of Torm! Clericus Liberatus Anno Dominis - Gloria Triadis!

Lokey
-2 Penalty in Daylight

Post by Lokey »

Nyeleni wrote:But after one test, NWN2 isn't loading anymore.

NWN2 version match your OS version? There's some bad things that can happen if your decimal point isn't what it expects (comma or period), but that falls into the isn't supposed to happen and stymied on how it could happen categories :(

Nyeleni
Relic Raider

Post by Nyeleni »

Lokey wrote:
Nyeleni wrote:But after one test, NWN2 isn't loading anymore.

NWN2 version match your OS version? There's some bad things that can happen if your decimal point isn't what it expects (comma or period), but that falls into the isn't supposed to happen and stymied on how it could happen categories :(

Hm, OS version? I'm using Windows xp Media Center 2002 with some updates lately. The game should work with windows xp. Not too sure what you mean with the decimal point :).
Aiya Mielikki! CELEB ALCONTARI CUYO ANANN!

For the Glory of Torm! Clericus Liberatus Anno Dominis - Gloria Triadis!

Return to “NWN2 Rants and Raves”