Any update for NS 5.0?

Place to talk about the new game. Love it or hate it, its here and its different.
Monster
Noob

Any update for NS 5.0?

Post by Monster »

Will be getting back from deployment in late august, any chance of having the 5.0 mod ready or is it back burner atm?

Cant wait to get my hands on the new 4 class epic builds! Yeee!!

Rowbot
Noob

Post by Rowbot »

Well, I saw a Neversummer 5 test server on earlier with a Prologue module so it seems to coming along. Bear in mind that with the more powerful toolset comes more complexity so building modules takes a whole lot longer than NWN1.

This toolset has a great many possibilities. I am immersed in the Visual Effects editor at the moment - so many possibilities open up with this tool alone. I have sandstorms, waterfalls, lava, blizzards and tornadoes for environmental effects and have retextured a load of monsters to create a whole lot more variety. With tinting and rescaling its possible to have a diverse selection of creatures and placeables.

So its going to take a while but I'm sure it will be worth the wait.

Lokey
-2 Penalty in Daylight

Post by Lokey »

We still have a way to go on story, content and system design, let alone actual building. What we have so far is more for testing for Obsidian bugs and seeing how the game does multiplayer.

Not even to the "soon" stage yet ;)
Tep wrote:I login and there's a dwarf to kill. You can't ask for much more than that.

Alkapwn wrote:NC has the most amazing melee build there is. Its a friggin unstopable juggernaut of pain.

Return to “NWN2 Rants and Raves”