End spoiler. Dont read if you havnt completed the game

Place to talk about the new game. Love it or hate it, its here and its different.
Wolfarus
Newbie Helper

End spoiler. Dont read if you havnt completed the game

Post by Wolfarus »

Ok, just beat it about 1/2 hour ago. The end battle wasnt as hard as taking down that dragon on the mountain, i think. And it looks like they did the same ending as they did with your char for SoU : you trimumph over the bad guy, then disapear from the world. Bah.

If they did it to roll into the expansion thats all but assured to come out for NWN2, i hope they dont make the mistake of doing what they did with the first set : Breaking up the storyline into seperate elements, disregarding the relationships you built up (looks like either neeshka or elenee were meant to be your "romantic" targets in the first game), and forcing you to start your char all over again, because the expansion wasnt made for near-epic chars. Should take a lesson from the BG series (in char / plot / npc interaction at least) and keep things going from where you left off.

Mr. O'Dearly
Developer

Post by Mr. O'Dearly »

The king of shadows was a chump.
I had Qara, Neeshka, Khelgar, and Zjhaeve(?) destroy the statues while everyone else tanked but tKoS wasn't even damaging them. (much)

The red dragon was by far the hardest battle in the game.

Sand was the only one to turn on me... but thats ok, he was lame. Qara enjoyed killing him. :twisted:

My prediction for the first expansion:

During the final battle Neeska manages to get wounded badly enough to initiate the ritual Garius mentioned requiring her demon blood.
The ritual opens a portal to another plane, either Astral or the Nine Hells of Baator and the party escapes through it.

The ritual they inadvertantly initiated results in some new horrific demon power coming to threat existence as we know it and now our heros must set out to stop it. At the start of their adventure all of this will be explained to them by either Devils, with Mephasm as a recurring character, or the Githyanki.

If it is the Githyanki they will lilkely be wanting their silver sword back, but seeing as how it is now part of you, they allow you to keep it under the condition that you stop this new demon threat that now threatens them as well.

p.s. It's all about Neeshka. Elanee is up tight. :P

Aarkon Draco
Newbie Helper

Post by Aarkon Draco »

Mr. O'Dearly wrote:
Sand was the only one to turn on me... but thats ok, he was lame. Qara enjoyed killing him. :twisted:

you didnt like sand? this baffels me i found him to be one of the most entertaining henchmen in the game

JesterOI
Resident Spam King

Post by JesterOI »

I got jiggy with Elanee 8) Even without having the Ladies Man background.
Which is kinda funny because I was using a 4 CHA svirf

The red dragon wasn't hard, but was probably the hardest battle in the game.

Though the early warehouse quest with all the rogues sneak attacking was annoying.

Energy Immunity vs the red dragon and it's all over, all my party members had 100% immunity fire :D
Not to mention the 40+ AC and 50% conceal on everyone.

Had the Zhaeve pumping out the Mass Heal and the dragon kept trying to kill Elanee's elementals from Elemental Swarm.
So, it was pretty easy.

Gonna have to replay the game on the hardest difficulty setting, only played it on Hardcore.

Most of the time I used Elanee (buffs), Neeshka (skills, sneaks), and Khelgar (tank) early on, then added Zhaeve when I was allowed a choice of 4.
My PC was a svirf wiz, started out Neutral, then went to Neutral Good, then Chaotic Good after telling Lorne to stand up before I killed him and freeing the mephits at the NW Academy.

Sand turned on me as well, probably because I never used him.
The Ranger ran off during the Keep battle and showed up later to fight me at the end, Neeshka ripped him a new one :D :lol:
LVL 69 LFGS!!!
The Hasselhoff 4 3v3r!!! Metis n3v3r!!!

Mr. O'Dearly
Developer

Post by Mr. O'Dearly »

JesterOI wrote:The red dragon wasn't hard, but was probably the hardest battle in the game.

Ah, but I always use the original campaigns as an opportunity to make a lame/balanced character. :P

I made a ranger. I took ranged fighting style, then later decided I preferred dual wielding. (considering the cramped spaces you always seem to get stuck in. :? ) By the end I had 22 dex and 16? str. I invested some skill points in open lock and disable device, just in case. I actually got to use them a couple times. (I only put about 5 points in each so...)

The red dragon was actually the only battle where I chose to use sand, and that was only for the fire immunity/igms.

I mostly just used Neeshka, Khelgar, and Qara. Later I added Ammon Jerro.

I'd say the most frustrating part about the campaign was during cutscenes and such where the game would debuff you before hand, then sit you down right in the center of a large group of enemies... not that it was much of a problem with everything having low hp and being cramped in small places. Vitrolic sphere + Firebrand/Ice storm/fireball and they're down. This campain was definitely friendly to arcane casters. :wink:

The ranger ran off from my party too, but at the end he also refused to help fight me and just ran off to go do his own thing...

JesterOI
Resident Spam King

Post by JesterOI »

The most frustrating part of the campaign for me was playing bodyguard to the noble in neverwinter.

When we ran into the warded crypt and the main demon guy smashed the door, the cutscene kept replaying and it took FOREVER to get that part done.

Hopefully it was a bug of some sort.
LVL 69 LFGS!!!
The Hasselhoff 4 3v3r!!! Metis n3v3r!!!

Return to “NWN2 Rants and Raves”