A couple of crazy ideas

Place to talk about the new game. Love it or hate it, its here and its different.
Charles I
Looking for group

A couple of crazy ideas

Post by Charles I »

In NWN2 you have to go through the world map when transitioning from area to area. I've noticed that you don't have to use the world map when moving from one interior area to another interior or between underground areas. So maybe make one building that never ends (it's extradimensional) <-- crazy idea one. Or make the entire mod underground eliminating the need for the world transition map. I don't know what the limits are on number of areas that could be attached in this manner. I also don't know how this will affect the size of the mod, I'm hoping that eliminating the world transitions may make it a little smaller so less of a download.

Another thought is to forget about NWN2 and stick with NWN1 and add a hak pak. I know hak paks have been avoided to allow people to play without the hassles of downloading and other concerns. But considering people would have to download to play anyway this could be an option.

I would also suggest that when updates are done you spread them out, maybe one a month. With NWN2 it will be neccessary to download the mod every time an update occurs. I imagine anyone on dial-up won't be playing NWN2 online.

Falazure-
Pk Bait

Post by Falazure- »

as far as i know,from what ive seen on some pw's you dont have to have the world map transition.its just an option and the campaign setting.

ihuntudown
Wheres the donation box?

Post by ihuntudown »

Falazure- wrote:as far as i know,from what ive seen on some pw's you dont have to have the world map transition.its just an option and the campaign setting.

have seen it to. None of the servers i've been on has the ''world map''.
and screen transactions are lil slower than the nwn1 game. Only to bad nwn2 servers crash a million times more than the nwn1 ones :cry:

lord_modred
Spam Master General

Post by lord_modred »

ihuntudown wrote:Only to bad nwn2 servers crash a million times more than the nwn1 ones :cry:

hey, its a new game, they'll probably get the problem fixed in a few patches....

.....hopefully
"O cruel fate, floating through the void of space like gravity's plaything. O to be thusly boned. Ask not for whom the bone bones, it bones for thee."

help save world hunger!

Return to “NWN2 Rants and Raves”