Patch 3 beta

Place to talk about the new game. Love it or hate it, its here and its different.
Lokey
-2 Penalty in Daylight

Patch 3 beta

Post by Lokey »

If you've altered any game file that's in this patch, the patch will fail (override, etc is ok, I accidentally pulled a file out of the dialog zip and it didn't like how I replaced it). Also it needs to address some gameplay things that broke before it's ready for prime time.

Otherwise, graphics optimizations are huge. I get almost no slowdown rendering water reflections now. Some textures resampled I guess, there's a lot of improvements in unexpected places. Camera handles much faster.

I can't run everything at max yet (shadows still cause pain, but much less than before). (256MB 7800GT, AMDX2 3800+, running 1024x768 with high res textures, bloom, reflections and 4xAA at 25FPS)
Tep wrote:I login and there's a dwarf to kill. You can't ask for much more than that.

Alkapwn wrote:NC has the most amazing melee build there is. Its a friggin unstopable juggernaut of pain.

shield
Developer

Post by shield »

Got my new machine running now :-) Was running everything at max setting at a res of 1280x1024 last night. Was very impressesive. Not slow at all, so with a bit of luck maybe I can up the resolution after the patch is out.
Kord - The Brawler

Lokey
-2 Penalty in Daylight

Post by Lokey »

Tep wrote:I login and there's a dwarf to kill. You can't ask for much more than that.

Alkapwn wrote:NC has the most amazing melee build there is. Its a friggin unstopable juggernaut of pain.

Return to “NWN2 Rants and Raves”