Clicking without pausing...

Place to talk about the new game. Love it or hate it, its here and its different.
TheBestDeception
Developer

Clicking without pausing...

Post by TheBestDeception »

I don't know if its just me or what, but I tend to have trouble clicking on an enemy to attack, while i'm on the move. Obviously, pausing makes it 100 times easier to do so, but when thinking in terms of a PW situation, that will not be an option...

Anyone else notice issues with this?

(Think it may have to deal with targeting in general. Seems it is "easier" to righ click something than left click...)
But, it's such a draining job that, until you've DMed on an NWN server yourself, you the playerbase, have got to cut the DMs some slack. - Flailer

Metis
Dungeon Master

Post by Metis »

I only tried it a little but aim clicking on anything is impossible even just trying to talk to someone I needed to pause or only click when I am not moving.

Using the Tab for casters targetting works great otherwise, if it wasnt for pause I wouldnt be able to fight.
"Wheresoever you go,
go with all your heart." - Confucius

SkotG
Looking for group

Post by SkotG »

yes, I find myself often running past the foe I wish to hack and having to reclick when I get closer.
Clan d'Aarn
ImageImageImage

TheBestDeception
Developer

Post by TheBestDeception »

Don't even get me started on the interface... apparently radial menus were deemed to be a thing of the past....
But, it's such a draining job that, until you've DMed on an NWN server yourself, you the playerbase, have got to cut the DMs some slack. - Flailer

Yaway
Noob

Post by Yaway »

i bought the new nwn game and have been playing it a few days. I agree with a lot of what is beeing said the controls are bad its hard to move and target.
I dont like the way you move around with the world map and all
I dont think they did a very good job on this one
they didnt even add any new voice sets they used the exact same ones from the first game
As long as it took them to bring this game to market i expected a lot more

Lokey
-2 Penalty in Daylight

Post by Lokey »

- Default action on click option helps somewhat, first options page. You can use tab to switch between or target nearby stuff. Some of it is OC map design too.

- There are new voicesets (I count 60, maybe 20 of them being full voicesets), better quality than NWN1 for the most part. Plus there's 800MB of recorded dialog to make new voicesets from ;)
Tep wrote:I login and there's a dwarf to kill. You can't ask for much more than that.

Alkapwn wrote:NC has the most amazing melee build there is. Its a friggin unstopable juggernaut of pain.

ihuntudown
Wheres the donation box?

Post by ihuntudown »

tab key will autoselect nearest enemy, just like the nwn1 reavel stuff but only for nearest enemy, k ,sucks for a fighter based toon but it is nice for casters, letting fireballs etc go off pretty easy on target

Falazure-
Pk Bait

Post by Falazure- »

After you click tab,click T and it will auto attack your enemy just like spellcasting.

MasterYoda
PKer

Post by MasterYoda »

messed with a demo for like 5 minutes and all I can say is wow.

they litterally to almost a perfect T copyed wow.

the interface and combat are damn near the same as wow.

seems interesting on what the devs can do with this
TGPO wrote:Man, dont u hate it when yoda is right

Amoenotep wrote:yeah....he's a little right :(

kingfatzo
Addict

Post by kingfatzo »

oO i guess i never thoguht of downloading the demo for laughs, ty :) ,besides:
50 bucks can buy me a weeks worth of FOOOOD ! (or beer) so id rather not buy the nwn2 just yet :P ....

ehehe wow..... if it were free id probably have been failed out of school and id look like that fat nerd w/ a bag of chips in his hand from the southpark WOW episode .....

*looks in mirror* ... OMG ! :lol:

well one thing that would be nice would be more spell/stuff slots on the quickbar..... 36 on nwn isnt really enoguh for me :evil:
Fatzo
Resident Glutton and Hand of the Legendary Brethren
http://thelegendarybrethren.forumsplace.com/
http://brethren.mygameguild.com/main.asp

TGPO
Dungeon Master

Post by TGPO »

No worries Fatz. 120 quick slots plus a dedicated casting menu that is just click and cast. PLENTY of quick slots this time around.
*Computers are alot like air-conditioners. They work great until you open windows*

kingfatzo
Addict

Post by kingfatzo »

o noes ! :D :D

WOOT !
Fatzo
Resident Glutton and Hand of the Legendary Brethren
http://thelegendarybrethren.forumsplace.com/
http://brethren.mygameguild.com/main.asp

Celorn
Relic Raider

Post by Celorn »

MasterYoda wrote:messed with a demo for like 5 minutes and all I can say is wow.

they litterally to almost a perfect T copyed wow.

the interface and combat are damn near the same as wow.

seems interesting on what the devs can do with this

Well, I've been playing nwn2 a bit and I had played WoW (on some free servers hehe) and i don't see ANY similarities... maybe the trees?!

nwn2 has a whole lot of great stuff in character development (and tons of opportunities for mega-cheese!). Like improved uncanny dodge can make you immune to most sneak attacks, and some of the new classes are really interesting.

BUT maybe you were talking about the clunky interface, I really hate how stiff the control is, compared to nwn1... and I'm finding strange bugs happening like my toon teleporting across a zone randomly, for no reason...

It has drawn me in though, so I will play the whole OC, and only once the bugs and intefrace problems are fixed (by them or 3rd party) will I attempt playing online...
ImageImage

shield
Developer

Post by shield »

Maybe it just takes some getting used too. I'm not sorry to see radial menus go, but the interface of nwn2 was hard at first. However I'm starting to like it the more I use it. The quick cast menu is great for my cleric buffs and I can select the player I wish to buff before hand which means I don't need to keep clicking on a target after casting the buff.
Kord - The Brawler

Return to “NWN2 Rants and Raves”