Well

Place to talk about the new game. Love it or hate it, its here and its different.
DeputyDog
Addict

Well

Post by DeputyDog »

After hours and hours on the beta and hours and hours playing the patch 1 version. I have mixed feelings.

The graphics look good, but still feel dated compared to current games out there. The combat is "ok" a bit clunky but manageable.

I love the 3.5 ruleset and all the things it fixes and breaks. Lots of new feats. Lots of skills that went away. (discipline)

No real pw support yet. Constat crashes of all servers out there and huge file sizes required for players to download before they ever try a world.

Obsidian is working on some fixes. We will fix what they dont.

We have a project well under way. It will be slow but we will open it up in stages rather then all at once. Expect to be playing levels 1-3 or so first. Mainly to test what the requirements are etc.

For now, play the campaign, play ns4, check back every month for updates on our progress.
DeputyDog
Founder
Neversummer
gmcever @ gmail.com

https://www.facebook.com/neversummer4

Dr_Fangorn
Developer

Post by Dr_Fangorn »

Come play NS 3.5 too. ;)
----------
DM Fang
Co-Lead, NS 5
Developer, NS 3.5
Server Op, NS 3.5 North

Findor
Pk Bait

Post by Findor »

The graphics look good, but still feel dated compared to current games out there

I don't know how others feel, but since D&D was originally (and still is) a PnP game, I really don't care if the graphics are not photorealistic. I happen to think the graphics in NWN are just fine. I do, however, think the 3.5 ruleset is a clear improvement over the 3.0 ruleset, so will probably get NWN2 for that reason alone. But it sure doesn't sound like the developers did a lot of analysis before making major architectural decisions. They would have done well to hire someone like John Carmack as a consultant.
Phineas | Gray | Fracas (MA unaligned)
Bardoc [IO] | Inexorable [IO] | Clericus [IO] | Alatar [IO]

Lokey
-2 Penalty in Daylight

Post by Lokey »

I'd like to see the game that makes NWN2 graphics look dated (well Source and UE3 can do some pretty nifty things) ;) It needs optimization (shadows especially), hopefully we'll get some of that.
Tep wrote:I login and there's a dwarf to kill. You can't ask for much more than that.

Alkapwn wrote:NC has the most amazing melee build there is. Its a friggin unstopable juggernaut of pain.

Rummybum
Newbie Helper

NWN2

Post by Rummybum »

I'm not thrilled by the reported huge download times. Is it still going to run at 56k? Will it be equally slow starting up for those of us on high speed?
Vastly confused

ihuntudown
Wheres the donation box?

Post by ihuntudown »

sure let us know where we can find the huge file to download and the direct link thingy if it comes out (hate gamespy)

Lokey
-2 Penalty in Daylight

Re: NWN2

Post by Lokey »

Rummybum wrote:I'm not thrilled by the reported huge download times. Is it still going to run at 56k? Will it be equally slow starting up for those of us on high speed?

Don't know, but I don't think there's that much more bandwidth needed playing. Area transition downloads will be similar to the worst of our NWN1 stuff I imagine--say that area off the City in Clouds in NS3.5 (some things stay the same in how the game works).

There will be some large amount of total data to download to play and we haven't explored what we're going to do in particular yet. There's options, we have the technology and knowhow and stuff.
Tep wrote:I login and there's a dwarf to kill. You can't ask for much more than that.

Alkapwn wrote:NC has the most amazing melee build there is. Its a friggin unstopable juggernaut of pain.

Return to “NWN2 Rants and Raves”