nwn2 did i wast my time and $$$

Place to talk about the new game. Love it or hate it, its here and its different.
rev_sole
Noob

nwn2 did i wast my time and $$$

Post by rev_sole »

I'v had the game for a year and never used it. so i thought hay maybe its time to give it a try online, what a joke.
You need to install a hack or download something to play on just about every world.
At least in nwn i can just log on to persistent worlds and go play, not having to go look for hacks and crap.
Maybe i am a little to lazy or what but i don' want to send my time looking to see if i have the right hack from one world to another.
Now after a few failed attempts to play online and a hour of my life i can't get back I have put the game back into the box.
MY hopes are that maybe wen neversumer 5 goes online, I may try NWN2 again.

By the looks of how many worlds that where listed and the amount of players logged in ,i think that others may had the same feelings then went back to playing the older game.

sorry about any grammar mistakes.
this is the first time i felt like ranting

Rev_sole
Last visited: Fri Jul 10, 2009 9:41 am
Total posts: 0

Tal
Looking for group

Re: nwn2 did i wast my time and $$$

Post by Tal »

I did the same thing. I bought it.. played it.. and was not impressed. I think the dev team that created it should be lined up and shot.

"Once you start down the dark path of nerfing, forever will it dominate your destiny. Exceptions to this are few. "

Flailer
-2 Penalty in Daylight

Post by Flailer »

This week patch 1.23 is going live.

Incorporated in that patch is a pretty massive new feature: autodownloading of content behind the scenes when you join the game. So, that will allow players to connect with servers that DO have hak content and not worry about getting the content themselves - everything gets done automatically.

We're still slaving away on NS5. Trying to sort out a merchant system this week so we can get the Alpha up and running.

Once we have it up for players, we'll provide some guidelines that might help improve your experience with the game. Hope you'll try NS5 once it's open...
Flailer
NS Developer

None of us is as dumb as all of us.

Tal
Looking for group

Post by Tal »

I will deff give it a try once it is out. Before it goes live will you provide a list of any expansions needed? I for one have not been keeping up with any info on expansions or patches since I purchased the original game. I don't even have it installed anymore, and will have to do so.

"Once you start down the dark path of nerfing, forever will it dominate your destiny. Exceptions to this are few. "

Flailer
-2 Penalty in Daylight

Post by Flailer »

We'll be using all the expansions right out of the gate.

You can get a NWN2 Gold version that has the original campaign plus the first expansion.
http://www.amazon.com/Neverwinter-Night ... 478&sr=8-1

Currently for $30 on Amazon

The 2nd expansion you can pick up now for $14
http://www.amazon.com/Neverwinter-Night ... 478&sr=8-2

There might be a Platinum version with all 3 titles in one package at some point, but I haven't heard anything yet about it.
Flailer
NS Developer

None of us is as dumb as all of us.

KarmaNWN
Noob

Post by KarmaNWN »

You can also download the entire set from Direct2Drive for a little over $50. That's not too bad of a deal, really.

Core
Looking for group

Post by Core »

I can't wait! I'm working slowly on a nwn2 world myself, very slowly... :shock: It's really nice how the terrain works. I can't wait to see how the pros make maps. Keep up the good work guys.

Return to “NWN2 Rants and Raves”