Epic deffenders

For the Neversummer 4 Old Reflections Server (Closed)
Aarkon Draco
Newbie Helper

Epic deffenders

Post by Aarkon Draco »

i spoke briefly with tep about this in IRC but i also wanted to post about it here to get more input

IMO and others have had similar complaints the numbers that spawn are too great for the limited player base that reflections has. ive seen posts noting of 8 deffenders spawning more often than not tho its 3 or 4 these deffenders are ment as support for the factions player deffenders and not to deffend by themselves. on prime you have enough players per faction to get a group of 4 - 7 raiders but on reflections most factions can only muster 1 -3 raiders.

also only a fiew factions have lvl 40 toons made and even then a solo lvl 40 vs 4+ lvl 35 epic deffenders has little chance of surviving. so dont go solo you say and while id agree its not alwase possible when theres so fiew players on.

i also wanted to note that the MA warlock is the hardest of the epic deffenders IMO especaly with their rediculessly high ac compounded by the spells they have wich lower your ab making them nigh impossible for a melee toon to even touch let alone defeat.

tep noted that reflections is exactly as the name implys a reflection of prime same scripts ect but with far less players scripts like this are overkill for reflections we just dont have the numbers to launch such a offensive agiants mobs of lvl 35 deffenders.

will anything be done? as tep said prolly not but i urge the devs to concider the limited players on reflections when adding scripts and zones similar to this that require large numbers to survive.

now im shure some will say im whining and do i need some cheese with this but my concern is making NS the best server it can be ( not that it isnt already )

Gornickthy
Spamalot

Post by Gornickthy »

The player base for NS4 has dropped on both servers. I remember when Reflections came online it was sorely needed. Even when there were two servers Prime was constantly full and Reflections had a solid base of at least half of the player limit. We have had more people leaving the game lately than those joining it. Prime is no longer full, and Reflections has a minimal player base to even warrant it's existence anymore. I would hate to see Reflections go, but in the same turn of events maybe they should consider using the server for NS5 maybe.

The bottom line is that although your observations on the epic defenders does play out against the limited player base on reflections, it should not warrant special attention and efforts towards a dying server. And I say dying with the utmost respect since all of my time and energy has been directed towards Reflections and I still consider it my home and base of operations. In an essence I would say just be glad Reflections even exists at this point. Even the DM's have forsaken the server for the most part as far as their attentions are directed. :?
Power is not given. It is taken.
Tal, Soul Reaper of [IO]
Gol-Gorath [IO]
Shilo [IO]
Cthulhus Acolyte [IO]
Ya ya ya I know... stop whining, complaining, and learn to build better.

Flailer
-2 Penalty in Daylight

Post by Flailer »

As my tagline might imply, I am in favor of this suggestion... :twisted:
Flailer
NS Developer

None of us is as dumb as all of us.

Braticus
Dungeon Master

Post by Braticus »

I would be more sympathetic to the cause if relics were required for something other then makeing life easier.

Haveing leveled my toons on reflections for the most part without relics and all without any DM assistance I just don't see the need to tweak scripts to make life easier.
Braticus

Findor
Pk Bait

Post by Findor »

also only a fiew factions have lvl 40 toons made and even then a solo lvl 40 vs 4+ lvl 35 epic deffenders has little chance of surviving.

I'm not sure I'd buy that statement...I'm MA with both PM and non-PM level 39 or 40 toons. Give me what you might think be my toughest challenge and I'll give it a whirl.
Phineas | Gray | Fracas (MA unaligned)
Bardoc [IO] | Inexorable [IO] | Clericus [IO] | Alatar [IO]

LinuxPup
Professor Nerfalicious

Post by LinuxPup »

I guess it depends on the defender and your build... I've taken on 6 epic defenders (AO) while fighting a high level player (level 38 I think) and survived.

Only epic defenders I've not fought are MA's and SL's... the rest are cake... though sometimes they can take a while to kill. And no, I wasn't a pale master... its a build that any faction can make.
Lead NS4 developer

[ Brilhasti ap Tarj ]
[ ...Darkfalz... ]
[ Azchekelon ]

Celorn
Relic Raider

Post by Celorn »

lol!

Relics are NOT the game of ns4... they are an optional side-quest.

nothing needs changing, possibly a bit of tweaking to make up some of the balance issues (AHEMdorftunnelAHEM) but otherwise ... why don't you stir some people up and rally them on over to reflections?

I may have been the 1st to successfully capture a relic when the system went in, but now I hardly ever bother with them unless I simply want some PvP action to test out some new techniques.

The time I waste getting relics and fighting to keep them could be better spent leveling or looting (or hunting my enemies). But maybe for fun one day I'll log into reflections and gather all the relics, just to see if I can.
ImageImage

Gornickthy
Spamalot

Post by Gornickthy »

Celorn wrote:lol!
But maybe for fun one day I'll log into reflections and gather all the relics, just to see if I can.

Man I hope you let me know when you do.. PvP on Reflections is just about null and void now a days. :evil:
Power is not given. It is taken.
Tal, Soul Reaper of [IO]
Gol-Gorath [IO]
Shilo [IO]
Cthulhus Acolyte [IO]
Ya ya ya I know... stop whining, complaining, and learn to build better.

disastro
Spamalot

Post by disastro »

rather than making reflections-only changes is it possible to scale the spawn size of defenders with the number of attackers?

then it would always be "just right" no matter how many players were on. also I do recall zing saying that one of the goals of the relic game was to keep it accessible to diverse levels of players.

I know that relics are a side game but if you want to keep that side game fun then a script like this might be one way to go, if it's even possible.

Alkapwn
PKer

Post by Alkapwn »

I like the defenders! There is no way any toon should be able to go in a faction for raiding and get away with it. Just doesnt make sense.
You always need friends for raiding and defending even b4 the relic changes.
Admitly Relic wars is among my favorite features of NS and the changes to it thus far has seem to only enhance and increase the fun factor . Without challenge it would grow dull and player base will dwindle. I beleive the recent player base drop is due to SUMMER FUN TIMES!! who wants to sit at a computer when they're's half naked drunk people all over the city !!!!
*hic*
::DD:: Minister of Hatemongering and Enemy Carpaccio
:MADD: Resident SlackMaster and KittenPuncher

Lorkar1

Post by Lorkar1 »

Alkapwn wrote:I like the defenders! There is no way any toon should be able to go in a faction for raiding and get away with it. Just doesnt make sense.
You always need friends for raiding and defending even b4 the relic changes.
Admitly Relic wars is among my favorite features of NS and the changes to it thus far has seem to only enhance and increase the fun factor . Without challenge it would grow dull and player base will dwindle. I beleive the recent player base drop is due to SUMMER FUN TIMES!! who wants to sit at a computer when they're's half naked drunk people all over the city !!!!
*hic*

Geeee....Thanks for THAT mental image! My eyes! My eyes!. Ohhhh...you meant other people being nekkid. LOL :shock:

Return to “Neversummer 4 Reflections (Closed)”