Balancing

For the Neversummer 4 Old Reflections Server (Closed)
The dubliner
Noob

Balancing

Post by The dubliner »

We sure would like to have timestop added to TC and NC to compete with the Jones and the Smith's. It is a awesome spell and we have no really that can cast it and was wonder when our turn was coming? if you tell me that a Bard can cast it, I guess your right, but first i would have to build a mage somewhere where i can build one and then make timestop scrolls, just doesnt seem the same to me. Just wondering were the balance is on that one? :(

Mr. O'Dearly
Developer

Post by Mr. O'Dearly »

I want a shifter. ;)

Blystos Re
PKer

Post by Blystos Re »

*EDIT* Self-pwn. :oops:
Last edited by Blystos Re on Thu May 10, 2007 11:59 am, edited 2 times in total.

Amoenotep
Lord DM Supreme

Post by Amoenotep »

you don't need abj focus to counter spell....and no one every uses that option anyway
Mask, Lord of the Shadows
Gruumsh, One-Eye
amoenotep@hotmail.com
----------------------------------

Blystos Re
PKer

Post by Blystos Re »

I see.

You would think I would learn to read one of these days... :oops:

Taken from Grimoire 3.5:

"Lesser Dispel Magic, Dispel Magic, Greater Dispel Magic and Mordenkainen’s Disjunction are universal counterspells and are able to counter any spell that is of the same level or lower."

Doesn't look like we have a way of counterspelling time stop. Unless I am mistaken, Mord's scrolls and Bards won't work for counterspell mode...

I've used counterspell against Crypt Chanters and other beasties succesfully; usually in PvP it's more worth my time to try and attack my opponents, though. I've also seen counterspell used effectively by Wizards or Sorcerers in PvP against other casters. However, evidence seems to be mounting that we're not capable of using counterspell against a level 9 mage spell like timestop.

I've been pwnd. By my own assumptions, no less. :cry:
Last edited by Blystos Re on Thu May 10, 2007 11:58 am, edited 1 time in total.

Amoenotep
Lord DM Supreme

Post by Amoenotep »

counter spell doesn't have a roll chance..it all depends on the spell you use to counter. its automatic when you use the correct spell and are within range to counter.
Gruumsh, One-Eye
amoenotep@hotmail.com

disastro
Spamalot

Post by disastro »

per nwnwiki.org you would need to have mordenkainens disjunction or timestop itself in order to counterspell timestop (in addition to haste i most cases):

from nwnwiki

-To be able to counterspell the target, the spell that is cast must be recognized via a spellcraft check.
-The correct counterspell(s) must be available for casting at the point of counterspelling.
-Hasted casters can counterspell any other caster if the above requirements are met.
-Automatic quickened casters cannot counter hasted casters.
-Unhasted casters without automatic quicken spell can counter quickened users and thus counter twice per round.
-Lesser dispel acts as a counterspell to spell levels 0-2
-Dispel magic acts as a counterspell to spell levels 0-3
-Greater dispelling acts as a counterspell to spell levels 0-5
-Mordenkainen's disjunction acts as a counterspell to spell levels 0-9

---

but if the requirements are met then i believe its just a spellcraft check to counterspell (thus abjuration doesn't help). unless greater dispel has been added as an additional counterspell to timestop on this server, factions without access to mords can not counterspell timestop.

plus as far as i know timestop is not a scribeable spell (though it's a fairly common scroll drop as far as scrolls go).

however, factions with access to shifters get to cast Server Stop every time they die ;)

The dubliner
Noob

Post by The dubliner »

Counter spelling is still not being able to cast timestop. The above 4 topics are about counterspelling and it stills doesnt solve the issue at hand. 8)

disastro
Spamalot

Post by disastro »

a fair point. the counterspell discussion centers around how to beat a time stopper, which is in response to your question on where the balance is.

not every faction has access to all game options, but there ought to be a viable counter in some form or another.

Blystos Re
PKer

Post by Blystos Re »

To get time stop or Mord's we'd need arcane casters...which is never going to happen. :lol: :shock: :cry:

Findor
Pk Bait

Post by Findor »

We sure would like to have timestop added to TC and NC to compete with the Jones and the Smith's.

We sure would like Monk Speed via the Monk class and Uncanny Dodge via the Barbarian class to compete with Hancocks and Adams.
Phineas | Gray | Fracas (MA unaligned)
Bardoc [IO] | Inexorable [IO] | Clericus [IO] | Alatar [IO]

Aarkon Draco
Newbie Helper

Post by Aarkon Draco »

how about letting SR resist timestop?

Amoenotep
Lord DM Supreme

Post by Amoenotep »

timestop doesn't really affect you, even though it does ;)
Gruumsh, One-Eye
amoenotep@hotmail.com

The dubliner
Noob

Post by The dubliner »

I mean 5 factions have access to the mage classes that cast timestop and the 2 factions that are allied with each other do not have access to mages. I do believe that this is a unfair advantage and since NS4 tries to balance out the realm, there is a lack in balancing here to a huge extreme and it would be nice to compete with the Jone's and the Smith's here. :(

mgrjebbo
PKer

Post by mgrjebbo »

lol i love dms who have no idea what they are talking about cause they havent tested it trying to pwn people on the boards....
Amoenotep wrote:Interesting turn of events.....

Return to “Neversummer 4 Reflections (Closed)”