Qusetion about Exotic weapon carft....need help

For the Neversummer 4 Old Reflections Server (Closed)
nwnks
Noob

Qusetion about Exotic weapon carft....need help

Post by nwnks »

how much ftr lv should i get if i want to get a Master artsan of exotic weapon craft ?

19ftrlv? 28ftrlv? or pure ftr

the wiki only said :Only Fighters can attain Artisan and above

i read some post topic about craft . seems like if i want to enchance a crafted exotic weapon i need 28lv ftr

Myrdyr
Newbie Helper

Post by Myrdyr »

19 fighter levels will get you Master Artisan (if you don't take an ineligible class along the way). I'm not sure if it's 28 levels for the best enchantment.

cely
PKer

Post by cely »

Exotic Weapon Crafting is capped at level 19 (level 20 weapons) at the moment.
cely
NS4 Server Admin
NS5 Developer (retired)

nwnks
Noob

Post by nwnks »

cely wrote:Exotic Weapon Crafting is capped at level 19 (level 20 weapons) at the moment.

that means there is no lv 30 craft exotic weapon in this MOD ?

cely
PKer

Post by cely »

Correct, there aren't any level 30 crafted exotic weapons. However, there are generic and unique exotic weapons that drop off of mobs at levels 25, 30 and so on.
cely
NS4 Server Admin
NS5 Developer (retired)

Lorkar1

Post by Lorkar1 »

You can craft +6, which is only slightly more useful than imbued adamantine.

disastro
Spamalot

Post by disastro »

from what i've seen all you need is 19 levels in the crafting class to get MA. to upgrade all you need is 28 *character* levels, the rest of your levels past 19 can be in any class that does not limit crafting (i have not tested these combinations but i know you can be bard/figther/wm and still upgrade to level 30 items with only 19 bard levels).

so i think it's ok to multiclass into any base class except cleric (which is expressly forbidden though i have not tested). weapon master works as a prestige class for max crafting.

as an example my bard/ftr/wm started crafting very late in life after taking all his wm levels. i was able to proceed to ma cloth once i had achieved 19 bard levels. he can upgrade stuff to level 30.

Nolan Silvermoon
Wheres the donation box?

Post by Nolan Silvermoon »

yes, you can do that, but what they are trying to say is that you cannot double upgrade weapons at all, wether your 19,28, or pure build. already tried it. :)

disastro
Spamalot

Post by disastro »

Nolan Silvermoon wrote:yes, you can do that, but what they are trying to say is that you cannot double upgrade weapons at all, wether your 19,28, or pure build. already tried it. :)

lorkar mentioned that he's crafted +6 weapons (and I'm pretty sure i've seen his character using them). exotic weapons iirc.

Lorkar1

Post by Lorkar1 »

My fighter is currently swinging a +6 [censored] sword that I crafted around 2 months ago. I upgraded it twice after crafting. It was a hefty sum of gold and XP for such an incremental increase in damage over the imbued adamantine [censored] sword. It added 1d6 pierce.

cely
PKer

Post by cely »

Lorkar1 wrote:My fighter is currently swinging a +6 [censored] sword that I crafted around 2 months ago. I upgraded it twice after crafting.

Odd, I have a level 25 Pure Fighter and I just tried upgrading a newly crafted Dwarven Waraxe and it says, "You cannot upgrade this item.". I'll wait 12 hours and craft a [censored] Sword and see if I can upgrade that. Maybe the blueprints don't exist in the module for the Dwarven Waraxe?
cely
NS4 Server Admin
NS5 Developer (retired)

Lorkar1

Post by Lorkar1 »

Just so you know I am not blowing smoke.

Celorn
Relic Raider

Post by Celorn »

I had problems upgrading all the MA gear I crafted before the changes... It's all stuck at lvl20 and can never be upgraded. I tried the Forge in avendel, which fixed the missing properties, but still did not make the items upgradable.

As for weapons... I personally don't care if there are any lvl20 weapons.. I normally just grind away until 16 then switch to the best lvl16 items, then grind away until 25 and equip a full set of 25 gear... well I do equip the ice ammy at 20, or a crystal or crafted ammy depending on the build, and maybe a lvl20 weapon or armor if there is actually a good one.
ImageImage

Nolan Silvermoon
Wheres the donation box?

Post by Nolan Silvermoon »

[quote="Lorkar1"]My fighter is currently swinging a +6 [censored] sword that I crafted around 2 months ago. I upgraded it twice after crafting. It was a hefty sum of gold and XP for such an incremental increase in damage over the imbued adamantine [censored] sword. It added 1d6 pierce.[/quo

weird, ive tried to double upgrade exotic weapons and it always says "cant upgrade this item" maybe was glitch at the time, ill try it again

nwnks
Noob

Post by nwnks »

thanks alot for your replys, really helpful

Return to “Neversummer 4 Reflections (Closed)”