Is it just me

For the Neversummer 4 Old Reflections Server (Closed)
DeputyDog
Addict

Post by DeputyDog »

Yea It is better to have two servers. My point was that when we had a line out the door we kept one completly full all the time.

Now that there is room maybe it doesnt look as popular, or the hip place to play?

Its the night club mentality.
DeputyDog
Founder
Neversummer
gmcever @ gmail.com

https://www.facebook.com/neversummer4

Lorkar1

Post by Lorkar1 »

DeputyDog wrote:Yea It is better to have two servers. My point was that when we had a line out the door we kept one completly full all the time.

Now that there is room maybe it doesnt look as popular, or the hip place to play?

Its the night club mentality.

Personally I like it a little less crowded, less lag, less shout. I guess thats why I am a neighborhood bar kinda guy and not a clubber.

P. Fricebottle
Addict

Post by P. Fricebottle »

Ever since we had two servers, I haven't experienced nearly as horrible lag as what we had to bear when there was only one.

Braticus
Dungeon Master

Post by Braticus »

One thing that might actually draw more players to reflections would be to allow new guilds.

TC has started recruiting efforts in order to counter the high numbers of IO. Perhaps allowing a new guild for each faction would spur movement and gain players from other then on prime.

Why stick reflections with limited guilds when those guilds don't play on that server? Just seems counter productive when often a new guild actually draws on friends they met on other servers, other games or from real life aquaintences.
Braticus

JesterOI
Resident Spam King

Post by JesterOI »

New guilds could also spread everyone too thin though
LVL 69 LFGS!!!
The Hasselhoff 4 3v3r!!! Metis n3v3r!!!

CrazyJ
Relic Raider

Post by CrazyJ »

You sure Braticus? I know I haven't seen any Circle players in over a month...

Maybe I'm just in the wrong time zone.

Braticus
Dungeon Master

Post by Braticus »

sorry TC is not The Circle in this case, its The Chosen guild. An old NS3 guild.
Braticus

CrazyJ
Relic Raider

Post by CrazyJ »

How confusing.

Rummybum
Newbie Helper

Post by Rummybum »

I think we need some of the old players to come back or better yet a few more new players for reflections. Prime players playing on reflection doesn't really solve the problem.

Hyram Hugly (CLAD)

kingfatzo
Addict

Post by kingfatzo »

lmao
Fatzo
Resident Glutton and Hand of the Legendary Brethren
http://thelegendarybrethren.forumsplace.com/
http://brethren.mygameguild.com/main.asp

Lynn
Noob

Post by Lynn »

I think probably one of the big things keeping people from playing both servers is the lack of a shared server vault. A lot of players are set up on prime, so having to basicly start over or having friends that wont go over for that reason holds them back. And of course having more players on prime draws more people as it give more social and play options. Sharing the vaults would be the best way to balance out the server loads, then it would not be a big issue to play on one server or the other.

As far as events go, I seem to recall comments as to the lack of intrest on the players part on reflections. I dont really think an event is going to be enough to lure prime players over to reflections either.

Another option that may work is to make them a bit different from each other. In that regard it can be anything from having one a C.E.P. version to having unique areas, quests, and guilds on each server. On the other hand this is an unsure option and may end up making the matter worse instead of better. There are big drawbacks to this also, as it can increase the amount of dev time maintaining 2 modules and make sharing vaults unlikely in the case of C.E.P. :wink:

mgrjebbo
PKer

Post by mgrjebbo »

starting over is one of the funnest things to do. it gets old starting a new character and having all the gear just waiting for you on a mule.

i kinda like having to kill for my starting gold, and earn my gear. I think there should periodic server wipes just to keep things tidy and clean!

now what do you think about that!!

JesterOI
Resident Spam King

Post by JesterOI »

Let's do it!!! But, only on Reflections :twisted:
LVL 69 LFGS!!!
The Hasselhoff 4 3v3r!!! Metis n3v3r!!!

Blystos Re
PKer

Post by Blystos Re »

Lynn wrote:I think probably one of the big things keeping people from playing both servers is the lack of a shared server vault. A lot of players are set up on prime, so having to basicly start over or having friends that wont go over for that reason holds them back. And of course having more players on prime draws more people as it give more social and play options. Sharing the vaults would be the best way to balance out the server loads, then it would not be a big issue to play on one server or the other.

The servers are located in different states. This would be an entirely too difficult and/or time consuming process for the devs to take on.

...not to say they COULDN'T, but there are other things they should be spending their time on.
frogofpeace wrote:And we like to think of the FoN guildhall as cozy - perfect for cuddling up in our snuggies with a hot toddy after a long day of smiting.

kingfatzo
Addict

Post by kingfatzo »

the whole point was to have a entire seprate server with an entirley different world......it just so happens that popularity slumped..

i can rememeber nights when there were 60 or 70+ ppl online across the two servers.

just like at one time there were 4 (?) NS3.5 servers ....they were all seprate communities and some evolved into different play styles as well....
Fatzo
Resident Glutton and Hand of the Legendary Brethren
http://thelegendarybrethren.forumsplace.com/
http://brethren.mygameguild.com/main.asp

Return to “Neversummer 4 Reflections (Closed)”